Rec me some bands with a good slap bass Sup Forums

Rec me some bands with a good slap bass Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8FT3V7qv6PU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Korn?

RHCP

Fieldy sucks. Or maybe he doesn't, but he gets the worst bass mixing I've ever heard. Literally can't tell which notes are being played. It seems like he only slaps the strings rhythmically.

Level 42.

Sly and the Family Stone

Vital Tech Tones.

How has nobody said Primus yet

Whenever I hear a Korn song all I hear coming from the bass is the top end from fret buzz, it's weird as fuck.

Because Primus is pretty boring music whose appeal is based entirely on the gimmick of technically sophisticated instrumentation. Enjoyed mostly by emotionally masochistic bass players.

Wrong

Mick karn or japan or rain tree crow

Seconded. Though I'm not a fan of the technique overall.

Both great players, but not known for slap

>Because Primus is pretty boring music whose appeal is based entirely on the gimmick of technically sophisticated instrumentation
Oh wow, it's technically proficient? How terrible. Dont forget the catchyness and humor appeal.

Les Claypool's work under his own name is more slappy than his work in Primus, if I remember correctly. The album Of Whales and Woe in particular I believe.

This. Ignore pleb answers like primus.
>Graham Central Station
>Parliament/Funkadelic
>Brothers Johnson
>Stanley Clarke/RTF
>Marcus Miller

Infectious Grooves

Yeah that's true, but I feel like it's not what made Claypool stand out. A lot of that has to do with his choice of 6-string piccolo bass for his main work and his crazy flamenco strumming

>6 string piccolo bass
That's called a guitar

A 4 string bass is also a guitar

talking heads

Mother's Milk - RHCP
Pretty much flea's prime for slap technique, listen to it and youll know what i mean.
youtu.be/8FT3V7qv6PU