Show pleb a cool metal song

>show pleb a cool metal song
>They're digging it until the exact second the screaming starts then they immediately hate it

What the fuck? Why are plebs so autistic about harsh vocals?

I think this is a simple understanding

At a very young age, kids generally show preferences in music. Your typical metalhead starts out rocking it to AC/DC, metallica, those sorts of classic metal/hard rock bands, because they like the energy, and usually something to do with the distorted/overdriven guitar tones.

Your typical pop listener/ normie has a completely different upbringing. They most likely got into Madonna, Jackson, The Beatles, maybe even some hip hop or rap, or if they're especially young, it's 90's and 2000's rap/pop or whatever their flavor. These genres have little to no use for hard edged, angry, aggressive music or buzzsaw guitar tones, so the normie at their formative age has no exposure to harsh music.
Skip ahead a decade or something. Most people get exposed to music from all the more popular genres during high school, at least. This means most normies will have heard some classic clean-vocals metal (or slightly "dirty" but still inherently clean vocals), most metalheads will have heard at least a couple top 10 hits that made them tap their foot, and so they aren't totally against it. The normie, however,unlike the metalhead, never went DEEP into music exploration, whereas the typical (Sup Forumstant-to-be) metalhead by age 15 is exploring some really gritty death or doom or black metal on youtube. So they can handle the screamo vocals, but your normie has had absolutely zero exposure to it and probably has never ventured outside the realm of popular music (not necessarily pop, also including popular metal ["metal"] like avenged 7fold or SOAD), and so they've never had to reconcile with truly harsh vocals.
Anyway, that's my take on it. Also, pleb is a silly word to be using. You're not automatically patrician for listening to metal, just like you're not automatically patrician by listening to free jazz or neoclassical.

good post

well screaming isn't exactly melodic
it's on par with tribal noise

So many Dad rockers love ACDC and Metallica but dispise the cookie monster with a microphone

Screamo and rapping are both inherently unpleasant vocal delivery styles. Why would I listen to something unpleasant when there's millions of hours of music that isn't unpleasant? Even in metal I could listen to some instrumental, stoner, or doom metal and not get screechy faggots.

>rapping
>bad
So why do so many white gals live rap but hate metal?

>why do so many white gals live rap
>live rap
BBC

Because it's trendy, literally the only reason white girls ever like anything. Are you dumb?

Isn't broadcast in America though.

No u

It's trendy because they demand it. What don't you understand, commie.

>retarded namefag
>actually thinks basic bitches think for themselves
why are you here

They like it because it's trendy, it's trendy because they like it, but it appeals to them because it's low-IQ babble.

You don't understand human psychology, milk face

Also
Classical was popular because people liked it
Same with Jazz, Old people rock, and whatever. Now it's rap

Just like jazz, classical, Beatles, and 80s rock when they were popular?

Was raised on hardcore and early metal yet I still think the vocals sound like ass cheeks

t.virgin
90% if girls all around the world love a rappers voice. Fuck, my gf is Asian, and even she has a few pictures of Wiz Kalfala in her bedroom wall

Name Fag get out

Into the filter you go

I listened to Jane Doe by Converge a lot when I was around 5-7 years old.

Actually a reply to this

very good post
/thread desu

Yeah, I don't get it either.
I mean, rapping is inherently bad, and no one actually enjoys it. Rappers do it because it makes them rich, and people listen to it because everyone else does. Case in point, is there a rapper, or even someone listening to rap who is not taking drugs on the regular? They would not be able to stand it otherwise. Ask anyone, no one ACTUALLY likes rapping. They'd rather have no vocals, or someone singing. It's a hundred times more pleasant.
If people would just realize this, we could stop lying to each other and music can flourish once more.

The human voice will always be the most recognizable sound to a human. When that's tuned straight into a harsh sound it will turn many people off, so it becomes an acquired taste. For example, Fugazi's voices may seem awful to someone who has only heard pop but even boring to someone groomed on metal.

Is this cringe?

because no one like harsh vocals from start. When i was like 12 and started listening to metal i used to dig stuff like Maiden, Priest and the harshier i got was propably Metallica, when i would listen to shit like Cannibal Corpse i would force myself to enjoy it. But as i grew older i started listen to more and more heavy stuff.
If someone never gone trough this process when young when most likely when they listen to something heavy with harsh vocals they will find it unpleasant. Ofc there are people who will enjoy it no matter what, but i'm talking about a more general case.

Pretty similar to what said but thats pretty much it.

>no one
Wrong. Teens can like harsh vocals without forcing themselves to like it.

Yeah but i'm not talking about teens. I mean, if you started listening to metal at 16 yeah probably, but i was thinking more of 11 and 12 years old kids.
As i said, yeah there are propably those who enjoy it but the vast majority is an acquired taste