ITT: hip-hop albums for people who don't like hip-hop

ITT: hip-hop albums for people who don't like hip-hop

all the good ones

Intuition and Equalibrium

Music for 18 Musicians

Literally nothing I've ever been recommended has been above a 4/10, including on Sup Forums in threads specifically about finding rap I would like. Pretty sure I'll just never like the genre.

Run the Jewels

what about the rap you've been recommended is it that you've found lacking?

Dance with the devil - Immortal Technique hit me pretty hard

Rodeo

The money store

the future of rap

Any Death Grips

Fpbp

gud shiz

meme

no u fucking retards

i cant stand a single song this piece of shit has made

36 Chambers

cause you're old

This gets people into hip-hop

I always rec shit that's usually more underground and experimental. People who have a negative perception of hip hop don't want to hear some ghetto beats from the 90s and angry black men shouting nigga this nigga that.

lol im 19, and i listen to a decent amount of hip hop just something about this greasy motherfucker that makes me hate his guts

I used to think that but Gummo grew on me

Same

eh well maybe ill give it a week and another listen, loads of times ive been put off only to enjoy something after coming back to it

THIS
what an album, easily the best posted in the thread so far

Das Racist's first two mixtapes

my favorite hip hop album of all time, hands down.

BROCKHAMPTON

um try again sweetie

Wow it’s almost like the people who claim to dislike hip hop have never bothered listening to anything not played on the radio.

came here to say this you good-taste motherfucker

for idiot like him WHO DO NOT KNOW HIP HOP

Flower Boy for sure

>ITT: hip-hop albums that really aren't hip-hop so they're for people who don't like hip-hop

shit man,this is kinda true in my case when i think about it

Death Grips and Aesop Rock helped me into hip hop

I don’t really like hip hop at all but I like death grips a lot. So I guess you’re the fucking retard

anything by white people

what

The ultimate ones along with El-P, Tech N9ne and Jedi Mind Tricks. There are a lot of people who 'hate rap but like Eminem'

No, you have to have a fairly high tolerance of hip hop fuckery for this guy which is why gen z normies and lumpens of all races appear to love him

What makes white rappers so accessible?

The white rappers who find success are either pop shills or really talented, aes one of the GOATs

Rock is the goat

anymore happy rap albums like this?

3 feet high and rising

Big Baby DRAM don't sound like it, but have a similar vibe.

Sorry, wrong quote

Badaboom , my dudes

hello try this

First vinyl i bought and listened to. Good from start to finish

You have to be underage to believe this

The graphic design ineptitude of these album covers will never cease to amuse me

One of the best, easily.

anything like this guy

this

tips fedora

what's so bad about it? shit's hard

pen&pixel > kanye, kendrick lamar boring album covers

fag

Have given the genre multiple chances found absolutely nothing i liked, guess it is too street

>I can't actually disprove what this person is saying

I guess since you actually have to ask...
>Circlejerking your label at the top of the album cover
>The cheap little bling flashes added everywhere
>Parental advisory sticker stretched out like crazy
>Those clashing font choices
Take this to any graphic design professional, tell them it was made THIS side of the year 2000 and ask them what they think. They'll probably die laughing.

These album covers are definitely funny and memorable, I'm just pointing out that they are dreadful from a design perspective, which is obviously where most of their appeal comes from. It's an appealing level of incompetence.

>tell them it was made THIS side of the year 2000 and ask them what they think
internet democratisation isn't that old, photoshop was still a novelty for private individuals

I've recommended this a lot, never seen anyone on Sup Forums talking about it

>judging an album by the cover

except he didn't actually do that and you're a stupid motherfucker who lacks any sort of reading comprehension

i dont like hip hop/rap but i like tribe

Retard

A tribe called quest is pretty much the only hip hop with vocals I listen to, other than that its just instrumentals.
Got any recomendations?

Madlib The Alchemist 9th Wonder Apollo Brown Flying Lotus Metal Fingers etc..

Great taste

depends what kind of music they already like
emo music - 'doris' by earl sweatshirt
heavy metal - any of death grips discography
pop - start at more recent pharrel williams and transition into 'in my mind'

Very good

There was a top 10 hip hop thread a while back and I made this. These are probably fitting.

As someone who used to believe this and once considered hip hop my favorite genre, I think it's perfectly fine to dislike the genre. You can do a lot with the genre, and the music can come out being very original and creatively based, but often times artists just take the easy way and it all sounds very similar. In the modern hip hop landscape, very few artists, especially in the mainstream, have an original sound. There has been some much more experimental hip hop than has ever been made in the last few years, but in popular culture, right outside of the mainstream circle, and inside of a few more rings following that, there are maybe a handful of new artists doing anything truly different, within a style to their own, or simply interesting. Any time one of these low IQ soundcloud rappers makes a new schtick, you've got a few hundred more birthed just from that, without any development in a positive direction.

There really need to be more genres that experiment and are created by the modern youth in their mid to late teens and twenties. The current flood and oversaturation of trap rap combined with played out and dried up hot topic pop-punk and metalcore has got to go. Everything seems so formulated and created just to make a buck. The indie rock that managed to get popular really shot a hole in rock with the easy to replicate simple chord progressions, "quirky," garbage that can be taken in as personality traits, and the, "walk all over me," personality that the music itself has really killed a lot.
Maybe I sound like I'm talking from my ass, but there's got to be more people that feel this way.

>has dad that hates hip-hop but loves 60s and 70s funk
>he also likes a lot of electronic stuff like Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk
>plays this for him
>blows him away

definitely this

Try The Grouch,...Aesop Rock, Hip Hop has such a huge spectrum not everything is street

that style of cover has been used for the longest time and is still used to this day, normaly for mixtapes.
Now a day its more of an intentional callback to that vibe but back then people simply were not going to spent money on a graphic designer for the cover of what could very well be a throwaway mixtape. specialy when you could make it yourself

yup hip hop i think is one of the only musical genres that incorporates and covers all walks quite literally

People did hire pen and pixel though, they stood out from more plain looking fare of the time, while still being low budget

based covers

he judged nothing about the album aside from the cover, though.

nah man, you're right, everything is getting commercialized and sold for a dime a dozen. Not only is music being made to turn over a quick buck but it's also being used simply to build some kind of online presence that garners attention and meaningless internet points.

A lot of people on this board will tell you to think a certain way about what you listen to, and they too are falling for this commercialization and "clout" scheme to make themselves out to have more informed or sophisticated sensibilities than the other guy.

The truth is though that what you explore musically is your own choice and shouldn't mean anything to someone else. Those who are willing to look for a sound or aesthetic that truly resonates with them personally are on the right track (it's a shame that some of the people with this mindset fall for the commercialized junk on the radio, however).

Good picks by the way, I jam all that shit.

>>I can't actually disprove what this person is saying
what? you are just a faggot theres no argument there kek