Why did gun control go over so easily in australia...

Why did gun control go over so easily in australia? I would've thought living in the outback surrounded by dangerous animals people would want to keep their guns.

Because they're cowards and Australia media is even more fear-mongery than American 24 hour news.

SHALL

Brits and Australians are grade-A cucks, and capitulated to their respective governments in record time after Dunblane and Port Arthur (both of which occurred about six weeks apart).

Because Australia didn't have a 2nd Amendment type document. People were allowed to own guns, but the people didn't have the right written into a constitution. It was more of a privilege

They don't have to worry about niggers and other violent minorities.

Not a founding principle like it is here, so they have no affection or reason to keep them.

The question was "why didn't Australians resist?"

KANGZ

Also they never shook the subject mindset.

>Yankposting

cringed

They don't share a border with a country controlled by the cartel that the same people who wanted to take their guns insists that they shouldn't try to stop from entering into their country.

No one really owned a gun here except people who needed them and anyone who needed them badly just applied for a gun permit so it didn't really affect anyone

Because the government issued a buy back program for all weapons, and I guess people back in 96 didn't have much money because interest rates were like 20%, so selling their guns to get money was a good option.

>I really don't know the actual story

they have the wrong government

>what they said
And in America, guns are a part of our culture.
It's like making India poo in loo.
Yea, the rich use toilets, and others say they want to. But in rural areas you ain't changing shit. Literally, as it turns out.

This. They have no history of rebellion that didn't end in disaster.

Dude, fuggin saved.

Only Americans care so much about muh guns. Normal people see them as a regular hobby and while peeved don't chimp out when they are taken away.

Gun confiscation in Australia didn't affect the homicide rate at all. That's why liberals always make the "gun-related" distinction when discussing the homicide rate in Australia or any other country that confiscated guns.

They're hoping you don't notice that criminals intent on murder don't just suddenly lose the desire to kill someone, and instead employ other methods to do so.

I've heard that less than half of the estimated guns in circulation actually got bought back. Presumably the majority are still buried in back yards in PVC pipes full of motor oil.

They kill with boomerangs and their hands.
Knives too.

That its why they dont use guns to kill people.

the govt was very generous with the buy back prices

Feels bad, man.

Because Australia is populated by people descended from criminals shipped over there by the British. Their entire culture is based on submitting to their overseers.

Aussies routinely fistfight dangerous animals, so it's ok.

did you have to lift up your skirt when you sat down to write that?

This. There was something like 200,000 SKSs imported in the early 90s, and only a few thousand got turned in. And that's just one model of gun.

If you don't hear about people getting shot in Australia, it's because their media outlets get near-instantaneous gag orders when one happens to "protect the privacy of the victim and the victim's family."

>Government

>Generous

>With your own money that they take from you

Holy fuck it's the subtle cuckoldry that's most illustrative

Because we are not stupid

>I would've thought living in the outback surrounded by dangerous animals people would want to keep their guns.
Applying for a Firearms Licence
Feral animal controllers on a property (categories A, B, C & D)

If you are an animal controller on a property you will need to provide the following documents with your application:

Proof of address
Statement of Attainment for an approved weapons safety course covering the categories of weapons you are applying for
Business details such as registered business name
Contracts from property owners you are providing service to
Information in relation to the frequency of visit/s to the properties, details of types of firearms you intend to use in the conduct of your duties and why you have chosen the particular type of firearm must also be provided; and
Current passport quality photograph.

The maximum term for Category D licences have been extended to five (5) years.

Note: If you are also applying for Category H use, you will need to complete a separate application for a Concealable Firearms Licence.
>wow so fucking difficult my freedoms

Hell yeah, I got over $800 for a G35 which kept malfunctioning (mate who thought he was a glock armorer "fixed" it on time) and was able to buy a brand new G34 with change. Booya! Thanks Government :)

what the fuck is Rand even trying to say?

Yep

where did you hear that?
infowars?

Holy shit this.

Perfect user

there was also economic downturn at the time, so the money good

I don't remember. Go get a metal detector and tell me if it's true.

ITT grown men cucked by birds and their own government

>(both of which occurred about six weeks apart)

Did not know that. What a coincidence.

"Self sacrifice is commie shit. I got mine, Jack. Fuck the poor."

>Yank
>Leaf

I wish I could be a yank, fuck this shitty country.

That is not why we have our guns
Also put some clothes on you pervert

You are a Yank, your style of posting is the same

Aw deed the beeg bed yoinks het ya lettle feewings moit?

NOT

Truth is, it is really easy to get a hand gun in Australia. It isn't FAST, but it IS easy.

This. The government always has crazy money to flaunt

BE

Cute fake ak. That the Czech gun?

INFRINGED

>Why did gun control go over so easily in australia?
Source?

That is a pain in the ass desu

>economic "downturn"
>not an orchestrated attempt to force you in to submission by trading your guns for debt.

The ignorance of the goi personified

We get gun violence, but it's mainly dickhole asian / subhuman gangs over drugs, or bikies just being the fuckwits that they are. The number of home invasions or street muggings with guns is very small.

They aren't as retarded American survivalists

vz58 with wood furniture. The wood alone costs a lot of money because it has to be custom made for each order by some woodworker in the States.

Pretty sure he means, why did it pass so easily and why did they actually turn in their guns.

It wasn't a gun ban to begin with, just the semiautos.

more like you've been brought to heel.

pol, ignore the anti-gun shills here

they're getting annihilated in their other threads

they dont have blacks

Because trust is lower in multicultural society. Australia was 99% white back then, with a white prime minister.

Which is all the fun guns.

>I would've thought living in the outback surrounded by dangerous animals people would want to keep their guns.

It's still very easy to get guns in the outback, the gun legislation specifically has provisions that offer people living in rural areas much quicker and easier paths to gun ownership

yeah its the "CZ858"

I bought the furniture off some slav in an alley in Vancouver....true story.

Here's your reasons

1. We're white not plagued with Hispanics or more then 1% of Abo's many who are actually 1/32 Aborginal

2.Not many people actually had Automatic rifles and others which got banned. Most places (With guns) just had a simple .303 rifle or a double barrel shotgun nothing crazy are still have them today.

3.Smaller population

4.Many agreed with the new gun laws since you still keep the practical ones for hunting,protecting live stock etc you just can't get the really good ones

More so being White though. Now the gun crime is all Biker cunts trying to act tough and Asian,Lebanese gangs shooting eachother

It's the same in the US

75% of mass shootings are black on black about drugs or gangs

90% of shootings are done with Pistols

The Non-Hispanic White murder rate is comparable to Europe or Australia

Justin is going to have to (((borrow))) that.

australia is 92% white and rural as fuck so they already had barely any crime to speak of

I sold it to a guy named mike, from canmore.

>they dont have blacks
The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimated the total resident Indigenous population to be 458,520 in June 2001 (2.4% of Australia's total), 90% of whom identified as Aboriginal, 6% Torres Strait Islander and the remaining 4% being of dual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parentage

They don't say gibsmedat

They pray to the green ant god to wipe out whitey

How hard is it to sell to another person in Canada?

>dangerous animals
what fucking animals
we don't have bears or mountain lions or wolves, just a few birds and giant squirrels that are usually scared of people anyway
and some wild dogs, but you can just kick those

PORT ARTHUR WAS AN INSIDE JOB

>Now the gun crime is all Biker cunts trying to act tough and Asian, Black, Latin gangs shooting eachother

Explains 90% of gun crime, including "mass shootings" that occur in America.

Their national hero, the man based off of Crocodile Dundee, did resist. He died defending his human right.

Gun laws simply don't work. Look at this graph, I remember when it was all over the place that gun crime was "tumbling". What they didn't mention was how it was still twice as high as it had been since the ban came in.

That statistic is all the way up to 1/32

I guarantee you that majority of those are above 1/8

Also Abo's don't have gun violence and gangs that Nigs in the US do

They are comparable to Native Americans in more ways than 1

>not stockpiling weapons makes you a coward
>needing a gun to go to the grocery store makes you brave

They did.
Every white suburban household in Chicago has a discreet nine millimeter in the bedroom, in case of a B&E.

Guns are useless against the emu.

Back then people weren't prepared for the 'shoot a bunch of kids then use their corpses as a soapbox to attack freedom' trick.

Gun laws here are fucking stupid, esp in NSW. Warwick Firearms made the WFA1 which is just a straight pull rifle, but because it "Looks like a military rifle" NSW banned it pic related

Because the urbanized Aussies are just as bad as our libshits on the Left Coast and Northeast.

Gun control is a no-brainer, that's why it passed so easily.

The government didn't confiscate all guns, just semi-automatic and automatic. A farmer can still have a rifle to control livestock and vermin etc. People can still have rifles to hunt. Just not semi-autos.

Even Americans acknowledge there needs to be some limit on what is acceptable. i.e you can't have a bazooka. Well Australian gun control just lowers the bar a bit further than that. It is hard to argue against really.

This

Imagine if California was populated by New England and West Coast whites instead of Mexicans

That's most of Australia

Australia also strictly controls a lot more than guns.

>Auscucks
>people

Aus didn't have the fundamental right to protection from the Gov't/Queen.

Social programs were heavily inherent in the society and the threat of "no longer eligible" for free $ heavily influenced the vote.

Also, no blacks to defend themselves from.

Aussies are cucks

Mostly it just got rid of granddads old shotty or 100 year old 303.
Shit nobody wanted and didn't know what to do with

lol just like california, always the ninja shit for some reason that retard libs are obsessed with. like they watched too many bruce lee movies and think nunchuks pose a valid threat to society. the only reason shit like that gets banned is because there arent enough martial artists to voice against bullshit like that

Because they never had the idea of rebellion instilled in them. Australians, and many of the Crown's anglo-heavy holdings, did not see the Monarchy as tyrannical or overbearing because they were pure subjects. They held a higher standing among the social classes and were treated better than the American/Colored colonies. They also never had a "modern" document instilling a strong set of rights to rally behind, as they were, until the mid-40's, strongly ruled over.

I thought it was because of the Port Arthur mentally disabled guy popping headshots like it was going out of style, a lot of people were upset. A lot easier to get rid of guns after something like that.

Because Australians are peasants who are bound to their King or Queen. As property they are not allowed to defend themselves.

REEEEEEE MA, CT, AND RI ARE NOT NEW ENGLAND REEEEEEEEE

I check to see if he has a PAL card, he gives me money, then takes the rifle.

that eagle made my day lol good stuff user