Hitler did nothing wrong: the show

>Hitler did nothing wrong: the show
Why is this allowed

(((OP)))

>muh anti-Semitism meme

How many people do you guys think who browse this board actually read the original Philip K Dick novel?

There's only like twenty people on this board at one time, don't get your hopes up kid.

1/20 reporting in

I did? Very very different from the show

>Eagle on the building almost looks like a "T" for Trump

bravo Amazon

One nice thing about the show is the characters don't have black/white morality based on the group they belong to.

Smith might be a Nazi but his character is still interesting, same with the Trade Minister.

>germany couldn't even get near the UK but manages to conquer the USA

90% of the characters (including Hitler) have a shared goal of "prevent nuclear war" that makes them de facto good guys against the ones trying to provoke it

Smith is best character

I'm most interested to see where Smith's story goes from here since he basically has to euthanize his son now.

Fuck man, I hate most of the other stories but this mans is the best

Based detective was nice as well

>bunch of rice farmers

fair enough yeah

There is literally nothing of value in the UK. Once you can blockade the islands they'd quickly devolve into something resembling North Korea levels of poverty. They'd probably be fine with signing an armistice agreement once the Nazi's managed to beat the USSR, especially after the Nazis nuke America a few times and folloed that up with a Red Alert 2 style invasion of the east coast.

>2016
>still no fatherland tv series

How many divisions of Viet Cong landed on US soil again? What year was it that they invaded Washington DC and killed the President and Congress?

>Germany wins atomic race
>Germany nukes Washington DC
>US unilaterally surrenders
>Nazi army in US consists of 90% Americans all the way up to Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith

>What year was it that they invaded Washington DC and killed the President and Congress?

Soon user. They are just playing the long game.

boring, so boring

>evil nazis
>evil clean cities
>no dindus
>oy vey how horrible

Pretty much. They seem to have forgotten that it's mostly white people who watch this type of stuff.

Oy vey

Are the True Neutrals in the show Universalistic energy beings?

Never read the books or seen the show.

I professionally refuse to read books for genetic reasons.

How many divisions of American rebels landed on British soil again? What year was it that they invaded London and kill the King and Parliament?

I guess we never won the revolutionary war :^).

So to clarify, the U.S. getting bored in Vietnam = a Nazi invasion of the U.S. being feasible?

2/20
how the fuck is this show based odd this book?

Torrent where?

>Torrent where?

This or a magnet

This. If Germany got nukes first, they would've on WWII

I guess you could argue that if Japan didn't get the US involved, the US wouldn't have pressed so hard to get nukes in the first place and possibly gave Germany time to develop them.

i read ubik and three stigmata, never read this though

3/20

Most of the plotlines are based on the book. Some are slightly altered though to fit the medium.

4/20

When are they going to show der Fuhrer?

Last episode of season 1

Didn't they already?

the other 100 are all viral marketers or marketing bots.
(i also wont count the meme trolls who pop in here daily to do the one same post they always do)

No, I'm just saying the U.S. lost the Vietnam War.

>4/20

THIS IS THE GUHRAYTEST PAWRTY EVURR MANG

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!

And your (retarded) implication was that this made a Nazi invasion of the U.S. feasible.

That's a different person bro. The analogy to Britain was my first post in the thread.

I see the point that was trying to be made was how the comparison of Germany to Vietnam was silly, but I just wanted to set the record straight that we lost that war.

Why don't all boards have IDs?

>I did? Very very different from the show
you mean like every single PKD adaptation that isn't the scanner darkly anime?

>In the novel's parallel history, U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt was assassinated in 1933, leading to the continuation of the Great Depression and U.S. isolationism. Thus, the U.S.'s military capability was insufficient to stop the Nazis from exterminating the Soviet Union's Slavic peoples and the Japanese from conquering Oceania. By 1947, the U.S. and the remaining Allies surrendered.

At least look shit up before you shit talk the series.

>Called The Man in the High Castle
>it's not about some dude who's in a really tall castle

What a load of shit.

>implying FDR didn't fucking EXTEND the Great Depression with his shit policies

LOVING. EVERY. LAUGH.

If you truly think that and aren't memeing, you just don't have the faintest clue about economics or the history of the second world war.

FDR balooned the debt, but that's what allowed the US to recover quickly by paying a lot of poor people living wages that they in turn poured into the economy by consuming, as poor people usually do.

If the US had gone with austerity, they definitely wouldn't have been able to fight a war by 1944.

>FDR balooned the debt, but that's what allowed the US to recover quickly by paying a lot of poor people living wages

WWII is what pulled the US out of the Depression, FDRs New Deal didn't do shit

but they didn't, and their air force was so incompetent that they couldn't even defeat a tiny island with a less advanced and smaller air force

stormfags are literally hilarious

Bullshit.
US Industry wouldn't have been in a position to field so much weapons so fast if it wasn't for the early recover of the economy.
The New Deal is what allowed the US to recover, WW2 is what made them a superpower.

Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.

they see me rollin
they hatin
(rollin kek)

is this show good, or is it just a big pro-left wing flick show

i havent watched the second season yet but the first season is ehh. there's nothing else worth watching right now so if you want a show to waste some time i guess it's fine.

besides losing he didn't do anything wrong

Oh shit S2 is out today, come on torrents where are you

In some kind of bizarre twist, the Axis characters are far better written than the resistance ones, Rufus Sewell's character Obergruppenfuhrer john Smith is a Nazi but he goes home to his wife and kids and tortures himself over the things he had to do during the war and even now in his pursuit of terrorists, there's a really good scene where a motorcade he's in is ambushed and he barely manages to survive, and instead of executing the only defenseless survivor chooses to arrest him.

It's actually good. I was just as much of a skeptic as you, but it's not the typical bullshit you'd expect from anything featuring nazis.

i have the first 2 episodes right now but nothing else has been upped. i'm going to wait until it all gets released so i can just binge it

having only seen season 1, I'd say it's watchable. Honestly the Japanese/Nazi dudes in power are the most compelling parts of the show, the american resistance characters are meh at best.

That being said, the world building is on point and was my favorite part of the show. Sure they drop some on-the-nose references here and there ("remember when FDR was assassinated lol?" etc.) but most of it is just built into the background and is there for you to figure out.

I watched them. Almost wish I didn't now, because the ending of e02 was very exciting.

ill give the show that. the world building is neat and it's what kept me watching along with rufus sewell and the japanese minster guy.

the american characters are fucking shit and are the weakest most generic part of the show

Watching based jap detective execute that german shit disturber was GOAT

Is this Nazikino?

wtf i love the nazis now

Yes. It has the Volkshalle and a bunch of Nazi wet dream shit

Yes, basically what this guy said about the characters, and that this guy said about the world building

Is season 2 out already?

desu if you've read Androids and at least one other PKD novel you've pretty much read them all

Man in the High Castle isn't a TV show... it is a documentary....

I loved that guy. He and Rufus Sewell have more layers to them than you'd think at first. The bit with Sewell's son having that disease meant he'd have to be euthanized was a nice twist.

premieres today on amazon

It was bretty good. Have really liked most of PKD's stuff. Show's Pretty different from the source material as was Bladerunner

Liking thw show so far tho. Girl is a qt and German commander is based

Also, for those who read the novel, what do you think the Germans did to Africa that they alude to?

well in the show don't they say that the Nazis essentially made it a slave continent?

Forgot to mention the Japanese trade minister is best charachter.

I vaguely remember that, watched S1 right when it dropped.

>I guess you could argue that if Japan didn't get the US involved

Ground work for Manhattan Engineering District was laid well before Pearl Harbor.

>but they didn't, and their air force was so incompetent that they couldn't even defeat a tiny island with a less advanced and smaller air force

You shouldn't talk about military history or air warfare if you don't know a fuck about subject.

1. RAF wasn't smaller than Luftwaffe.
2. RAF was ahead of Luftwaffe when comes to technology and tactics.
3. Luftwaffe wasn't particularly incompetent.

>stormfags are literally hilarious

Just your claim about Luftwaffe superiority makes you sound like a fucking wehraboo stormfag yourself.

Yeah that's already starting

Speaking of world-building, check this map

wew, the middle east is a war torn shit hole in every timeline

nice grossgermaniums grey blob bro x--DDDDD epic germania prussia

>that greenland
what on earth is that map projection

Mercator, it says at the top

wow...

top kek, even in an alternate Axis expansionist future, nobody wants to touch Mexico

>Bau der Mauer, Paco

Trump is literally Hitler.
Really makes you think.

sad!

>88
confirmed

>that john Smith

Oh I just love a man in a uniform~

I'm literally shaking.

I'm too scared to go into these threads since I am only on episode 3 of the new season

I binged season 1 last week and Frank was such a pushover and Juliana was such a bitch

Is Bezos one of us?

But its obvious that OGF Smith will betray uncle adolf over his son.

Lame desu.

Also all the made up 'atrocities' like banning bibles and other stuff that Nazis did not do.

Its actually pretty good. They accidently make the natsoc and Japs look like ok guys.

But they have heavy handed atrocities stuff that has no basis in history. They could make it interesting by make it realistic in the second season or build it up to comic book bad guy levels of cheese which is what I suspect.

But hte first season I actually like.

>They accidently make the natsoc and Japs look like ok guys.
If anything they carry the Cold War analogy to it's natural conclusion and make the Nazis America and the Japanese the Soviets, which makes the Japanese the de facto bad guys

Like it's very clear that life is much more prosperous and less oppressive for average Americans living in the Nazi occupied zone than the Japanese one, the American side is a bunch of home-grown American Nazis working alongside a handful of German peers and advisors while the Japanese side is a bunch of Japs pushing around and even openly raping an American slave class.

And since it's 1962 and a nuclear missile crisis is underway that makes John F. Kennedy literally Hitler

Really fires your synapses

oh i am thinkin

Did you know nazi u-boats sank like 2000 u.s. merchant ships off the east coast? They sank a freighter in n.y. harbor right in front of the statue.of liberty

>axis wins ww2
>still exterminates the jews instead of sending them to Madagascar

>ctrl+f
>stalingrad
>0 mentions
welp, he did that wrong

I read to page 30

he did plenty wrong in the book though, he died of syphilis in a asylum, caught it from all the whores he fucked in Vienna