Harold Steptoe is such a tragic character. Literally every time he tried to change things or better himself...

Harold Steptoe is such a tragic character. Literally every time he tried to change things or better himself, his dad drags him down. Albert truly was a dirty old man (and a wanker to boot).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mB3eSud1_Cs#t=6m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=kcJzCMew4cU
vocaroo.com/i/s1o2Cg4a2q1W
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(radio_show)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HARRRROOOLLLD

RODNEY YOU PLONKAH

DAD YOU DIRTY OLD CUNT

UNCS SHIT HIM AGAIN

bump

DURIN DAH WOAH

Yeah, I can't watch that show, just depressing.

JUST GOIN USE THE CARSEY MATE, THEN GOING DAHN THE CHINKEYS FOR CHINESE

Coogan's impression of the Steptoes is god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=mB3eSud1_Cs#t=6m50s

What show are you listening to? Harold Steptoe is a massive cunt who was always talking down to his dad despite Albert doing everything he could to make sure he had a good life

>It's a "I'm leaving and taking my half of the stuff!" episode
>It's a Harold thinks he's an intellectual and acts all high-and-mighty to his old man episode
>It's an Albert saves the day episode

You taught me the woman's steps you daft pillock!

Steptoe and Son were pedos IRL

Sanford and Son was better.

I heard old man Steptoe might have been a bit of a perv but what did Harry H Corbett do?

Gerrrr outta vit you filthy coon, we don't want yourrrr kiiind around 'ere

What's your favourite episode and why isn't it The Siege of Steptoe Street?

Because both Divided We Stand and The Desperate Hours are better.

You forget the episodes where Harold finds a woman but Albert pretends to be ill again to fuck it up.

The old man was gay, but I think Corbett was a family man. Didn't Corbett's daughter do some TV?

No, Harold was unremarkable but he had some ambition. Albert was selfish and had no desire to see his son improve himself. The show wouldn't have been as interesting if Albert had been the victim.

Member when white people did the jobs """""""nobody"""""" wanted to do?

What was the proof that Brambell was a pedo, come to think of it? I know he was gay but was there any proof that he went after underage boys? I've found articles about the allegations, but nothing that builds on it. Hmm...

They were only 13 years apart in age IRL

Upstairs downstairs is the best episode, I just love how broken Harold gets slaving away.

youtube.com/watch?v=kcJzCMew4cU

There isn't proof for any of it, and I refuse to believe any allegations that weren't made when they were alive to defend themselves. Fuck all these greedy whores trying to ruin the reputation of everyone who worked for the BBC before the 80s for a bit of fame and money.

>We ain't kinky
What did he mean by this?

Underrated post

Problem is, that shite documentary from the early 00s tried to paint them as horrible people without anything to back it up.

and surely Galton & Simpson would have been the most aware of their relationship considering they wrote the show.

Speaking of Galton & Simpson, (both still alive btw) anyone else love Hancock's Half Hour?

>anyone else love Hancock's Half Hour?
My favourite of all time sitcom, the earlier seasons with Kenneth Williams were the best. There was an episode of Just a Minute where he said he got let go for being too wooden, not sure if he was serious about that though.

Essential /radio4/

>Hancock's Half Hour
>Steptoe & Son
>The Goon Show
>I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
>Round The Horne
>Men From The Ministry
>Cabin Pressure
>Yes, Minister
>Dad's Army

What did I miss?

vocaroo.com/i/s1o2Cg4a2q1W

Q maybe?

I can't seem to find that, do you mean this Canadian one? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(radio_show)

>>I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
>What did I miss?
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, it's basically a scripted version of ISIHAC

And in the serial department, Hitchhiker's Guider to the Galaxy obviously, but my favourites are Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detective Agency and The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.