Why does Sup Forums worship this guy? He has the worst taste on the planet

Why does Sup Forums worship this guy? He has the worst taste on the planet

Because loud obnoxious people talking shit about things have proven to be a successful format on the internet in general.

>He has the worst taste on the planet
But that's what Sup Forums has

you answered your own question

>Why does Sup Forums worship this guy?
We don't. Please stop asking this question every other day.

He has more musical knowledge than most of Sup Forums so we trust him and his reviews.

>He has more musical knowledge than most of Sup Forums so we trust him and his reviews.
this.
we arent worshipping his taste in music. he just knows his shit so if an album has objectively good aspects ill give it a shot

came to say the same thing, he is mu incarnate because it's all normie pretending to be hip pretending to be sad pretending to have no life until you're living that reality

>pretending to be hip pretending to be sad pretending to have no life
yeah, exactly why everyone tunes into anthony fantano, because he's the "in thing" and he's......emo? yeah sounds just like it nice reasoning bud

all the other ones are reddit.
is the best we've got right now. He is the least reddit youtuber and one that acts the most mature

i have never even heard him speak, i just typed some bullshit because i hate his face on this board

Oh which review does he discuss music theory?

>all the other ones are reddit
>he is the least reddit youtuber
Please speak like a normal human being and explain why you find him more mature than other reviewers

the other ones are one note with their sarcastic humor and sound and look like absolute children with women and femanists having them by the balls. Even iddubbbz, the best thing he can do besides be another closet feminist panderer is scream the word "cunt" in any video as his one joke

i never said he does music theory retard, but he highlights composition notes in music that i havent listened to. His word isnt that of god but if he likes something it might be good

Peep is bad. Get over it.

He killed peep and chester

Seems reasonable. Thanks for the insight bby

I know him, he is an asshole.

His meme reviews were funny
He shreds on bass
He is the most popular music critic on the internet

I bet most of you wish you could be anthony

If ppl want t o be anthony, just put in hard work.
Thats how theneedledrop got it

You sound underage as fuck

>as fuck
yeah ok boi

>with women and femanists having them by the balls

you know someone's redpilled when they can't even spell feminist

I didn't even try to spell check. so what

he should shave his eyebrows

because of his teeth

/thread

He really doesn't. With his top albums of 2017 list, its clear that his reviews are nothing more than well-veiled pandering. Its obvious he doesn't listen to a lot of music, at least not enough to develop his own opinions. Wouldn't he have some favorite artists by now that are not Sup Forums-approved? On his top of 2017 list there wasn't 1 artist that I hadn't seen posted here before. People here like him because he's just like your basic Sup Forums shitter

>muh theory

there is more to popular music than theory

theory is really only important in classical and jazz, which Fantano almost never reviews

>Its obvious he doesn't listen to a lot of music

Whether or not he likes one, he reviews interesting albums, and a lot of times I'll check them out.

>theory is really only important in classical and jazz,

Is this what Fantano fags unironically believe?

This, plus he's pretty funny and has interesting opinion videos on his fantano channel.
I don't get why someone would make a thread like this except to get all the (You)s honestly, if you don't like him just fucking ignore his existence.

I watch his rants and shit but I happen to enjoy precisely zero of the actual music he covers

it's all either top 40 shit or top 40 bait basically

give me a reason I should give a shit about theory when listening to rock or hip-hop

>He has more musical knowledge than most of Sup Forums
this is true. he's still a shitty critic though, and Sup Forums is the worst place on the internet for music discussion bar-none.

>Top 40
nahp

I like him purely because he sometimes he makes me think of an element in a song/album that I didn't think of previously. Every 6 months or so I get drunk and end up watching half of a handful of his videos. I can never make it through one all the way.

you might just as well say that about classical and jazz though

>i never said he does music theory retard
No, you just said he has musical knowledge.

Which is it? Does he or not?

honestly if anthony didnt dickride so much he'd be extremely well liked on Sup Forums, considering everyone here shares his tastes.

>knowledge about music encompasses literally nothing else than music theory
Is this bait?

its possible to have knowledge or experience regarding music without shitting out music theory

>everyone here shares his tastes
nah Sup Forums generally tries to be as contrarian as they can

Honestly, if you're just saying that he knows a lot of music, that's not even accurate. He knows a lot of surface level shit and that's all. Like, absolutely all. He seems to only know the artists that hes' reviewing in depth. I've hardly ever heard him reference something inaccessible.

Like what?
t. non musician

punchability of the face: strong 6/10

> you need to be a musician to appreciate music

not everyone autistically dissects Bach concertos like you, user

>not everyone autistically dissects Bach concertos
Maybe that's the problem.

the man is a wad i don't see why people like watching his videos of album reviews

Not to mention the same people who say this will get butthurt when people who are knowledgeable about something they know nothing about say the same thing

Maybe he has knowledge of music.. but not a second taste.. maybe just a lack of character or class..

they don't. please stop posting fucking threads about this shit every day, it's fucking boring.

Shut the fuck up you hipster contrarian faggot

shut the fuck up you braindead underage normie

It's because he actually wants people to view his videos you twat.

You're not better than anyone here just because you have a deep understanding of theory and listen to classical music. Stop being a pretentious idiot.

Are you saying that Lil Peeps album was bad? It was so good, wtf? Dude he was gonna change emo rap (and yes i cut myself but thats none of your business)

he likes brockhampton so i have lost all my love for him

So you project yourself on some guy you've never even heard what he says? Sup Forums is a disappointment of a board.

ITT: man-children who can't handle an opinion other than their own.

shush user you must not let them know the truth

ITT: Alpha males who can handle an opinion but will stand for what they believe in.

>You're not better than anyone here
Well, at music analysis, I am

You reek of insecurity. I hope you know that. Boasting that your an "alpha" is the fucking easiest way to show me that.

You reek of security. I hope you know that. Boasting that your('e) an alpha is the fucking easiest way to show me that.

You do realize that if you were able to accept an opinion, you wouldn't be posting here, right?

You do realize that since you are able to accept an opinion, you are posting here, right?

the fucking one time I argue it's bait

you are all gay shut up

You have to be literally braindead to not realize this entire thread is bait, and I'm ashamed of everyone who fell for his bait.

lack of reading comprehension. All he would have to do, instead of being vague with phrase like "this reminds me of grimey rap from the 90's" and just list said groups that aren't the most obvious fucking thing.

because people watch to get their opinions reaffirmed since most 4channers have extreme self-confidence issues and want to hear people have the same opinion as them.
Of course now Fantano caters more towards r/hiphopheads than Sup Forums, but that makes some sense considering his audience is growing in that direction.

Does anyone here actually still worship him? All i see are meme threads shitting on him. You're the one giving him attention

People act like they don't, but I guarantee at least 70% of the posters here are still subbed to him.

Sup Forums kind of always had a hate boner for him.
He has fun videos that are "advanced" for your average youtube user but not for Sup Forums and has terrible/basic taste in anything that isn't hip hop, and even that's arguable.
And i'm not talking about his favorites and choices, just shallow opinions all around.
Still miles better than Chritstgau.

Because he reviews and gives good reviews to whatever he thinks his fanbase likes, regardless of the actual quality of the music, and a lot of his fanbase comes from Sup Forums.

He lost a lot of his credibility when he started handing out so many high scores to albums that are just radio bait and don't really do anything that well.

He panders too his fanbase way too much, and often feels like he doesn't actually have much of anything to say, but people like to have their opinions validated so keep talking about him.

Have a look at his rants to see what I mean. The guy barely even follows a topic these days, he just goes off on his own tangent about his opinion of the article without actually addressing it at all.

Is he going to do any meme reviews again? i miss thisistheplan channel

t. someone who doesn't know how theory works or how it's used in a reviewing context

you've got your history mixed up, newfriend.

fantano-approved becomes Sup Forums-approved, not the other way around.
sort of a chicken and the egg scenerio where (very obviously) fantano has greatly influenced Sup Forums

>fantano has greatly influenced Sup Forums
That's because it's just Fantano himself posting on Sup Forums

name one place that is better

Steve Hoffman boards