Is this the most realistic portrayal of teenage awkwardness ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtpXpFylSn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>twentysomethings as teenagers
This'll never not bother me

No, and they cut the only part that matters from the movie adaptation.

what part?

The part where Emma Watson tries really hard to bang his brains out, he has an autistic fit, and stays a virgin.

Every time I see that image of Emma Watson laying her head on his shoulder I stop and pine.

Every time.

My So Called Life is the best.

Literally tumblr: the movie

>Raped as a teenager by his aunt
No.

>they cut the part where a straight male refuses to fuck prime Emma Watson
Movies usually cut out the most unbelievable parts

My favourite part of the movie is the first time we see Emma watson's character. In that american sports jacket. I bought one similar to it. The way she moves her head and asks that snarky question.

Also love the gay dude's character. Idk whether i like the book better or not. They are too different. In the book they smoke, his sister's boyfriend beats her, and he stays a virginThat was because of his molestation. Literally would do the same if my only experience with sex was being fiddled by your aunt.

The movie is more happy and the book is bittersweet.

I watched it at least 5 times and used it as escapism because i identified with the character. But you know he had friends and then a gf. I don't have either.

It was kind of the climax of the novel. I don't think it's a part you can cut and still have a good movie on your hands.

Which is why this movie wasn't very good.

Fuck this movie Life is death and suffering

>I feel infinite
Gayest line ever

In all honesty, the way the breakdown scene was shot and directed was actually great. The cut to the Dutch angle when he starts banging his head against the door was very effective, and the cuts to the family photos was haunting.

Why? Does it invoke immense guilt from the fact that you are suppressing your own homosexuality?

so not realistic then

Swede kino for us 90's lads

>"In a world..."

youtube.com/watch?v=PtpXpFylSn0

Is that japanese looking guy related to Filthy Frank? Looks almost like him.

>awkward loner
>makes huge group of friends
Its a realistic portrayal of one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen lmao. Fuck that whiney brat and fuck Emma Watson. Only way the movie could have redeemed itself is if they all crashed at the end and that dude got flung from the truck and degloved his face while watching Emma bleed out down the windshield

No, it's a hackneyed dramatisation of what a middle aged retard thinks being a teenager is like.

Calm down aspie

This movie hit home really hard because I am literally the main character in the sense that I'm a formerly molested autist artsfag that made a bunch of senior artsfag friends in freshman year of high school after being a social outcast and was suddenly thrust into the world of popular kids for a year until they graduated and once they were gone I was left with the kids my age who I never talked to all over again.

I even had a qt older girlfriend that I fucked over to try and date her hotter friend.

I can't watch this movie anymore

>intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour

>I'm a social outcast autist!
>oh and I had a bunch of popular friends and an older girlfriend teehee
Fuck off normie. You and this movie. Boo hoo for you

>I even had a qt older girlfriend that I fucked over to try and date her hotter friend

lol im laughing at u

You seem upset that someone had a slightly better time in high school. Have you tried r9k instead?

I let the popularity surge go to my head

Want a realistic portrayal of a teenage loner? My diary desu

Halfies are usually evil Chad or Stacey. It's good genetics

nah, super bad or napoleon dynamite nailed it a lot better IMO

>I let the popularity surge go to my head
it happened to me. Except I thought I was too good to get a gf and hang out with the chads and normies. Ended up just getting bullied by them and me sperging out.

maybe if you live in the dindu slums

M8 I was somewhere in the middle of the hierarchy, high school was easy because I wasn't autistic

Ezra Miller more like Ezra Pound

No, this is more like a tumblr tards wet dream of quirky and hipsterness

did you read the novel? it wasn't unbelievable, he just literally got triggered when she made a sexual advance on him because it brought back suppressed memories of when his late aunt molested him as a child

>Boo hoo My hot aunt sucked me off as an early teen
>"le welcome to island of misfit toys" XD
>the smiths

It actually is though, but for only for a hyper specific demographic

wallflower is more "general"

wow you had a small degree of social drama in your life

big whoop you autist

The movie lost me when it decided to play off the most popular song in David Bowie's career as some sort of obscure find. Also, the faggy ass kid beating up three jocks all by himself. And I hate Ezra Miller and Emma Watson.

What a pretentious pile of shit.

>Which is why this movie wasn't very good.

Also the fact that the lead actress can't act.

Submarine is better.

>I'm autistic
>jk i was molested that's why i'm weird

Forgot this movie even existed. Which means it probably sucked.

There has been much discussion of how Charlie, Sam and Patrick failed to recognize the song playing on the radio while they drive through a tunnel as "Heroes" by David Bowie, and why it took them so long to track it down. In his original novel, writer/director Stephen Chbosky had the friends listening to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac.

The film is set in the early 90s, before it was possible to search for song lyrics online. In those days, unknown songs could only be identified by trawling through record shops and asking people. Also, Bowie's original recording of "Heroes" was not a hit in the States, failing to make the Billboard Hot 100; the song finally charted in 1998 when the cover version by The Wallflowers was released.

Also, remember that the events are set in Pittsburgh, PA which, while it had a thriving alternative rock music scene, was very much out of the mainstream glam rock that Bowie's music tended to be played frequently in. That is, kids living in Pittsburgh would have missed a great deal of the variety of music that those on major East Coast or West Coast cities would have been exposed to. Given the musical exposure and identity of that region at that time, it's actually much more likely that they would have been able to quickly identify the book's song ("Landslide"), than the movie's ("Heroes").

>awkward teenager
>goes to parties and hangout with people constantly
>hot chicks everywhere
>eventually gets with a hot chick
>but im so awkward cause i listen to the smiths.
his only awkard feature was being completely insane but somehow that made his cool friends like him more

>when the cover version by The Wallflowers was released
And it was superior

This.

Mallrats

Yes... but the book is.

maybe in the 90s but not anymore

Those kids were not MOST kids

Not enough trans characters