Getting into music

I only really have gotten into music this past year and it has been a crazy experience. The fact that I've missed out on so much good releases is pretty annoying, especially when I can never find time to listen to older stuff in between newer music. The communities have been the worst, with some being very negative towards incomers.
Just wanted to know how everyone else's introductions were or if everyone on Sup Forums has been listening to tunes since they came out of the womb.

Pic is also the stuff I've managed to enjoy over the past year. Don't roast me on my normie tastes pls, at least recommend better albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r6mzoso95-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this "bad music: the chart"

incoming "trash music taste" comments

how about listen to something besides rap you normie mongoloid.

most of this isn't that bad

you seem to like hip-hop so here's some quite entry level recs

try Madvillain
Edan
The Avalanches
DJ Screw
Digable Planets
De La Soul
OutKast
Vince Staples
MF DOOM
J DIlla

Make an account on RYM. It'll help you find new music and it'll help you keep track of the music you have listened to.

I removed all the bad albums

jesus christ

try Madvillain, Flying Lotus, Pablo Collective, Quasimoto

>takes out Kaytranada
why

also OP would love Anderson Paak

I think you need to be indoctrinated with some lusty negro attitudes, my man.

Cool bait thread, OP.

i've been meaning to peep Malibu all year, forgive me user

best advice: dont listen to anyone unless theyre just giving recommendations. only you have power over your taste in music. you can like whoever and whatever you want

been meaning to check out doom's catalogue for a while desu

you'd love it based on your taste already

major west coast vibes with smooth neo-soul textures

gtfo you like trout mask replica you pretentious ass
go listen to more treated static or whatever shitty stuff you like

on a board where your dick gets cut off for not thinking trout mask replica is the pinnacle of music, its nice to see actual human beings on here. thanks

Saturation 3 was the worst of the Saturations. Shit album, go listen to other stuff

Idiots on this board get their autistic triggered when someone likes something they don't. Like what you like, OP.

>on a board where your dick gets cut off for not thinking trout mask replica is the pinnacle of music
You're getting memed so hard if you actually believe this

>he doesn't get it
hint: that's not my taste
also tmr is actually pretty good you're just a reactionary pleb. I don't see how anyone could honestly hate this song: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mzoso95-Q

The green albums are the only ones that you won't get bullied on here for liking.

while i am a pleb (Kendrick is my favorite) i was just bantering.
never listened to tmr desu i probably should after listening to that. but i also have actually listened to Pierre Schaeffer's actual treated static and a very small percentage of it I actually like

wtf is wrong with because the internet

thanks
well 13 out of 52 isn't that bad... right?

Nothing. A lot of people get shit for liking it, though.

kek! want me to let you in on a secret?
[spoiler]nobody actually enjoys listening to tmr[/spoiler]

>nobody actually enjoys listening to tmr
you're a massive pleb if you think this. and because you don't even know you can't spoiler on Sup Forums, you're probably pleb newfag yourself.

don't worry though op, by next month another one of those meme raps will be on everyone's charts

I started really listening to music around the age of 16. I just bought albums with cool art work or good guitarists. I moved to rap when I was 18 and would just skim Reverbnation and DatPiff for music that was decent. I got out of my technicality phase and started paying attention to the emotion the music makes me feel at age 21 I still was getting music from suggestions of friends. I started frequenting Sup Forums my junior year of college I gave Spiderland a listen and now use RYM to get suggestions as well.

REC: Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full

thank you for being the first person to answer my question, i'll most definitely check em out.

can you do this for my taste as well pls?

fuck is this a chart for ants

Remember: There is literally nothing wrong with listening to the music you like. I'm just saying that some people will give you shit for liking certain albums.

thanks

that's a really nice entry-level taste, but do branch out to other genres. You can get a rateyourmusic account for automated recommendations and rankings.
Just go out and explore, hell, even try Trout Mask Replica, do it right now

where is a good place to listen to TMR?

only listened to DAMN? move on to kendricks other albums for a start

if you want to REALLY move on, start listening to fela kuti

face down on your bed, or with your forehead pressed against a wall. down half a bottle of cough syrup and find different places to listen to it.