Why is it that being able to turn back time is the only superpower that has a downside, ie...

Why is it that being able to turn back time is the only superpower that has a downside, ie. getting brain damage and a blood nose?

Are there other powers that are depicted as being gradually fatal to the user every time they use them?

smoking cigarettes

Which hero/villain smokes cigarettes as a power?

Because it's literally the only superpower you need. It's like save scumming in vidya. If you do anything wrong, just go back and do it over again until you succeed.

>Why is it that being able to turn back time is the only superpower that has a downside
because it's overpowered af otherwise

is this a darker than black reference???

What a shitty bait thread, why couldn't OP just be open about what he wanted?

I remember that in the listener the dude has to stop using his powers due to excesive use of his telepathy and brain damages.
also that episode in heroes when silar gets even more insane because of his shapeshifter powers.
and the ability to talk with spirits that can take over your body and start doing crazy shit.

what did he want

by no stretch of the imagination is "turning back time" the "only superpower with a downside."

How little media would one have to consume to think that?

stopping time

Only thing off the top of my head is in agents of shield when pool butt chick first gets or realizes she has powers she breaks all the bones in her body trying to suppress her earthquake earth rocker powers. Not a reoccurring thing though. I want to say I saw some movie where someone could read minds or do some mind power that would make their nose bleed

He said whilst not listing any examples.

same reason why "magic always has it's price"
It's a hack superpower, same as telekinesis, telepathy, magic, reality warping....
it's impossible to write anything good with those powers if they don't have any downside to it; otherwise they are just too OP and there couldn't be any conflict whatsoever anymore in the movie

This. Otherwise can't lose the game.

Superhero idea: a man has the powers similar to and on par with superman, but he periodically needs to have sex with his teenage sister or beautiful widowed mother in order to recharge them. His mother is into it, his sister isn't, but in the pilot she reluctantly gives him a blowjob so he can fight a brutal supervillain.

Because it means you're remembering several timelines, which will fuck with your brain.
I guess.

every superpower has been given a draw back at some point.

I love that meme where you pay a price for magic

There's a girl on The Librarians that has a tumor for her power.

Usually powerful telekinetics are shown to suffer brain damage as well. I guess because those types of powers are portrayed as brain intensive which is silly because pyros have to will fire to shoot from their hands and everyone else has to use their brain to use powers or do anything really

pottery
and in the last season we find out that he just made that weakness up. The very last shot is a close up of the sisters face upon that revelation..

pusher, from the x-files could force his will upon people. turns out he had a brain tumor.

spoiler that shit dude come on

Psychics who get nosebleeds and worse in loads of things.
Rogue who can't touch people without possibly killing them.

Chronicle

If you're talking Butterfly effect the issue wasn't reversing time, it was his new brain instantaneously having to make connections that previously didn't exist for memories of an entire past life he remembered but no longer physically experienced.

Also telepathy and telekinesis typically is the one that has nose bleeds/brain damage because of implied strain to the brain. Just about any power can have a weakness slapped onto it.

>and in the last season we find out that he just made that weakness up. The very last shot is a close up of the sisters face upon that revelation..
ahahahahahaha

KICKSTART IT NOW

guess he blue himself early