Casiopea is one of the best jazz fusion bands of the late 70's and possibly the best to ever come out of Japan...

Casiopea is one of the best jazz fusion bands of the late 70's and possibly the best to ever come out of Japan. This is their first album, and it's amazingly good. Highly rated. If you're into fusion, you won't regret buying this album. If you don't have it on vinyl already, you'll be asking yourself why you don't.
youtube.com/watch?v=vKOekWuzk3o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hnQevAr2Y6w
youtube.com/watch?v=yXboLnpD67E
youtube.com/watch?v=qz1CS4HWRbM
youtube.com/watch?v=vlj8uhNVshw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I concur, but if I'm driving in a japanese battle royale, i prefer pic related more

Album is great yeah, as is most of their stuff. Check T-Square if you haven't

More like Rainbow Warrior, seriously how can you compare this garbo with Casiopea?
I honestly feel a tad bit insulted at the thought of listening to T-Square after listening to Casiopea for the last 36 hours.

bump

Literally Gran Turismo-core. 8/10

Listened to this yesterday. Probably my favorite fusion album. Can't really say why but Japanese fusion sounds really unique and I can't enjoy any other fusion. Gran Turismo may have something to do with it...

If you can't enjoy Casiopea without conflating it to a children's game then you shouldn't be listening to it at all.

Aaand this is why I hate jazz fans.

And this is why I hate Sup Forums sensibility manchildren with literally zero real taste.

So because I like X, I'm not allowed to like Y?

Give a try to Gran Turismo soundtracks m8, just the tip of it

You can "like" Casiopea but you'll never truly be able to grasp its genius compared to a seasoned audiophile such as myself. You listening to Casiopea is akin to a cockroach listening to Mozart. In no way will you ever be able to appreciate the subtle intricacies of every song, every album, and every note. It's lost on you. Those vibrations going over your ear drums are a waste of kinetic energy and radio waves.

Don't you dare make Cassiopeia the Rick and Morty of jazz!

imagine being as autistic as this guy

FULL KEK REACHED

Lmao you can't be serious

I don't know why people are going for all this lightweight weather channel shit all of a sudden. There are tons of non-Japanese bands that did this kind of thing.

I am serious. If you want to listen to a video game soundtrack go talk about it on Sup Forums if you want to appreciate awe-inspiring jazz music then educate yourself before you try to chime in.
I pity you, I truly do. You petulant children will never be able to understand music as well as I do. Go back to playing video games and watching cartoons while I immerse myself in the world of music.

>found this on vinyl at hpb the other night; never heard of them before but they seemed really interesting
>tried to buy it forgot my credit my credit card
>had to put it back
>come back after work next day only to find its not there

How badly did I fuck up here?

>Gran Turismo is a children's game
>Can't compare its ost to Casiopea
>Masahiro Andoh is the Music Producer of GT
>Actually made Moon Over The Castle

youtu.be/hnQevAr2Y6w

Just come for more

This is cancer in an audible form. Of course a video-game sensibility "producer" made this trash, it lacks subtlety, nuance, and professional knowledge of music theory.

u dun fucked up buddy

I'm trying really hard but just can't.

Imagine when he finds out that the future of Asian jazz fusion is to be sampled in lofi hip hop tracks made by shitty producers

Isn't that the future of all music? I mean this has happened:
youtube.com/watch?v=yXboLnpD67E
youtube.com/watch?v=qz1CS4HWRbM
youtube.com/watch?v=vlj8uhNVshw
The McCoys made a song, which was then translated to Finnish and covered by an Russian immigrant schlager singer and sampled by some shitty rapper. Imagine that.