When did you realise this is clearly the superior album?

When did you realise this is clearly the superior album?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20140715094234/http://www.mtv.com/bands/archive/r/radiohead01/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

superior to what? cuz amnesiac is better

Some time last year. Before that I didn't care much for it, but one day the whole album just clicked, and I haven't turned back since. I'll never understand why people think it's bloated- every song on it is a varying degree of great. I seriously love every track on it, and even the b-sides are really good. Overall it's a perfect blend of just about everything they had done up to that point, yet somehow it still manages to be unique in their discography.

How so? it's just random shit that got rejected from Kid A

Yeah, Fuck Bush!

I respect people who think HTTT is their best album desu

The fact that people still think this is true is confounding

Listening through the Radiohead discography the first time, HttT and Amnesiac stood out to me as the best ones, which I understand is the wrong answer, so I guess I can't do Radiohead.

>The fact that people still think this is true is confounding
How is it wrong?

HttT is their most kinetic album
Amnesiac is their most abstract
get into the OKC and In Rainbows circlejerks and you'll have true patrician Radiohead taste

Amnesiac is their best work desu senpai

but HTTT is the second best

I believe Ed was interviewed for a radio show and he even said that he didn't want people to think that Amnesiac is just Kid A B-sides.

Both albums were originally going to be part of a double album but the band though the material was too dense for such a format. Then they thought that they could release the two albums as a series of EPs, but they ultimately decided on releasing both as two separate albums.

All of those songs were meant to be released in distinctly different parts one way or the other.

explain

>I believe Ed was interviewed for a radio show and he even said that he didn't want people to think that Amnesiac is just Kid A B-sides.
They aren;t b-sides because they were never released.
>Both albums were originally going to be part of a double album
[citation needed]
>they thought that they could release the two albums as a series of EPs
Wait, you just said it was suppsoed to be a double album? Which is it? make up your mind.
>All of those songs were meant to be released in distinctly different parts one way or the other.
Wrong.

>Wait, you just said it was suppsoed to be a double album? Which is it? make up your mind.
Come on man, even I know you can read more effectively than that.

>They aren;t b-sides because they were never released.
I don't understand this point as we are referring to Amnesiac and it was, in fact, released.

web.archive.org/web/20140715094234/http://www.mtv.com/bands/archive/r/radiohead01/

>I don't understand this point as we are referring to Amnesiac and it was, in fact, released.
Oh, what was Amnesiac the b-side of? Or maybe you don't know what a b-side means?
>web.archive.org/web/20140715094234/http://www.mtv.com/bands/archive/r/radiohead01/
Where does Ed say "It was going to be a double album"? I doesn't. Come on man, even I know you can read more effectively than that.

Personally, I just prefer In Rainbows.

Fact: 93% of people who pick anything other than OKC or Kid A as the best Radiohead album are just doing it to appear different.

Fact two: people think Amnesiac is Kid A b-sides because there isn’t a single great song on the album.

>Where does Ed say "It was going to be a double album"?
When the interviewer asked he expounded on the point which means that the band had considered doing such a format but had decided against it. Just because they flat out don't say something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

>Oh, what was Amnesiac the b-side of? Or maybe you don't know what a b-side means?
I flat out do not understand what you are saying. I feel like you're arguing about something I never said.

>which means that
Not what I'm aksing.

Show me where Ed said "we were trying to record a double album".

>I flat out do not understand what you are saying.
That's because you don't know what a b-side is and you misused the term.

Sorry man I can't help you if you directly need them to state their intentions in order to draw conclusions from it.

Knives Out is fantastic
Pyramid Song is passable
otherwise, you're completely correct

Amnesiac has some good songs, but stuff like revolving doors automatically make the album trash tier.

So it's OK to make up your own conclusions from a lack of data, and spew vomit of disinformation?

Please stop being a retard.

when you have a thread arguing over which is the best radiohead album every day

Well we would make a thorough musical analysis of it but people like you wouldn't understand it