Tell me about your grandpas war exploits

Did he slap some Japs?

Other urls found in this thread:

novascotia.com/explore/culture/african-culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nova_Scotians
youtube.com/watch?v=8yD_c1pnQ6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandpa was in an internment camp.

My grandfather stabbed a Nazi officer to death with his own shortsword... probably did some other shit too, but I have the sword, complete with tarnish where the blood was left to dry on the blade.

Unfortunately for me, the swords were mass produced, and well made, so a lot of them survived. The tarnished blade only detracts from the price. It's worth maybe $100 to a particularly generous collector.

All of them died so Idk

Great-grandpas slapped Germans. Never asked for stoeies, real vets don't like to remember wars usually.

That's sad

well me grampa was like 10 in ww2 tho

I wonder how it felt to drop bombs and rockets on the japs

Had to learn jap in 6 months, sing kimigayo or something, hid chinks from them, got his bike borrowed for liberation,ate boiled cassava and tree barks, watch young men got railway of death'd and carry a gorillion zimbabwe tier inflation currency.

Yeah. I don't really know their story. They go to war and disappeared

My grandpa worked with japanese pows he made them build commieblocks and shit. picrelated

My grandpa slapped multiple asses of Norwegian girls as part of the Lebensborn program.

>you will never get to know your half-Norwegian uncle

He was an artilleryman and took part in the liberation of Holland.

My grandma has his medal for that.

My grandpa made boats.
Not warships.
Just fishing and rowboats. Took care of his family and started his business.

Not really a relative but an old SS officer that had come with the boats from Estonia lived next door to my dad. He was apparantly a very strange guy that didn't like to talk about the war except a few times when he was drinking with dad. Then he told stories like how he liked when at least one of the recruits was clumsy so he would get shot early in a firefight. He said that fresh soldiers didn't understand battle untill they saw one of their own get killed.

I saw his medals but he never talked about it he was convinced that the world was going to end after people walked on the moon and had boxes of Crown Royal stashed away

My grandfather killed an SS officer and took his cap and rings as a souvenir.

>tfw your grandfather fucked qts in Japan without ever seeing combat

Mine had to plant potatoes in the village square because Germans stopped sending food for some reason.

War is hell.

My papa was one of the toughest guys in the war, he took out 7 men by himself before surrendering and spending the rest of the war in an allied prison camp.

Great grandfather killed and dumped into a well two slimes in Algeria, he also were in Cuba but I don't know what he did in there.

I have some ww2 medals, an african/eastern euro campaign medal, some ~1800 Cuban war medal, and Spanish civil war medal. I think it was my great great grandfather and his dad.

Forgot to mention that was great grandpa, gramps was just born when war started.
On my father's side the bongs build a smaller Maginot line called Jitra defence line but got katana'd so hard they ran to Singapore.
>lets put whitey who is the only one who can relay orders to indians/malays/africans/gurkha at the car in front, not like they gonna get airstrike'd first
>lel tanks in the jungle? No need for AT guns at all then Jap tanks land in Thailand
>Zero fighters, no problems just use Buffalo planes
>Brittania rule the waves yay then see pic
>Mistaken orders to Indian regiment during retreat they blew the bridges BEFORE the armoured train cross it
And many more, the line lasted less than 2 weeks.
And until today the Kuantan navy training base still guards the tombs from salvagers looking to steal metal from Repulse and Prince of Wales.

one of my grandpas was in Chaco war, the other was too young to go

My grandpa fought in the Pacific, I'm sure he killed some japs although he never talked about it
he got two purple hearts as well

Pic please

Good old bastard carved stone for the Nazi dream city Welthauptstadt Germania that Adolf was replacing Berlin with.
Thousands of tons of stone was produced, carved and made ready for shipping. They even got payed. Then the war ended. All that stone just stood there. Solution? Sell it all again to other countries! Double pay.
Grandpa got rich from it. As many did.

The sword is at my mom's. I'll see if I can find a picture of another. Apparently they're quite common.

This is essentially it. The swastika/eagle might be a bit different on mine, but maybe not.

>1942
>attack to Soviet Union
>frontline in Karelia
>place phone wires
>Russki grenades brake them
>place new ones
>repeat

Neither of my grandfathers fought in the war, but one may have killed British soldiers (again, not related to the war) and perhaps done some illegal things in other countries before settling down with a woman half his age in Canada.

Any relatives that fought in the war of the triple alliance?

My grandfather flew a spitfire at the battle of Britain

None of my ancestors was stupid enough to get drafted.

He was an artilleryman, never got in combat
>be my grandpa
>go to the army because you can be in the army, get paid and do school at the same time
>new president
>no more cool perks
>finish his 4 years of training or whatever
>get into law school
>lax superior lets him go to classes
>gets transferred to Mexico
>lose semester
>cannon fodder, not cannon shooter
>asks to go back
>gets transferred back to hometown
>new superior is a cunt
>won't let him go to class because
>"muh you'll outrank me"
>"muh educated people always leave the army"
>fakes an illness to get out
>he is spending most of the day in hospital, only gets out for classes
>they tell him if he doesn't get better they're gonna move him to a better hospital in Mexico
>magically heals
>superior won't let him go to classes and exams
>lose another semester
>finds a general who'll let him go to class
>ends up working in an office
>does 100% of the general's work
>general only collects payment while making connections so he can move into politics
>general leaves the army to run for governor or something
>gets transferred to Veracruz
>teaches dumb jarochos how to use their own cannons
>transferred back again
>hfw graduated law school after 7 years at 29
>hfw his classmates nicknamed him "el viejo"
>hfw no face
I'm forgetting stuff and mixing up some things

grandad on taiwanese side was a light machine gunner

singaporean side he was too young, so he hid in the jungles to surrvive.

My Grandpa was stationed in Hawaii towards the end of the war and didn't do anything of note. I have his uniform though which is kind of cool i guess

lol who knows? we're not that much "muh heritage" to have records that far

I didn't even know that they had concentration camps in Canada. And I didn't know they had Japanese in Canada, either. Point is, I don't know much about Canada.

I had an ancestor who fought with the Army of Tennessee (Confederacy) during the Civil War. He killed a couple of federal soldiers and came out of the war completely unscathed too.

We threw japs in camps, but nobody really cares because the natives got it worse and we pat ourselves on the back for taking your nigger slaves in the underground railroad and shipping them all into a containment zone in Nova Scotia

My grand grandfather was a scum who was addicted gambling and alcohol. For that reason, he had a lots of japanese friends and he was exempt from draft.

The one on left is my father's father and he drove the landing boats while the my mother's father was in the Coast Guard patrolling beaches and testing shark repellent

Nope. Slapped some Jerries though.

Fought Germans in Italy. Really makes you think.

Bump

So, grandad was a child when Japs ass raped Singapore. He was one of the special ones to not get stabbed to death or get sent to the firing squads by those Japs.

my grandpas was a mayan soldier fighting in the Caste War of Yucatán killing 13 mexican and 4 anglos. he gived me his rifle when he died

My grandpa has heart problems

Did you get to inherit his hatred of wh*tey?

yes i did mate

>Slap a jap

Slap a Jap…. So that’s what the enemy is to you, huh? A fuckin’ buck-toothed cartoon dreamed up by some asshole on Madison Avenue to sell soap? Well let me tell you something: the Jap I know, the Japanese soldier, he has been at war since you were in FUCKIN’ DIAPERS! He’s a combat veteran, an expert with his weapon. He can live off of maggoty rice and muddy water and endure misery you couldn’t dream up in your worst nightmare! The Japanese soldier doesn’t care if he gets hurt or killed, as long as he kills you. Now you can call them whatever you want but never, ever, fail to respect their desire to put you and your buddies into an early grave, IS THAT CLEAR?!

Good. The wh*te """""people""""" must be destroyed.

>taking your nigger slaves in the underground railroad and shipping them all into a containment zone in Nova Scotia
>why yes I know nothing about history but post anyways

Can't tell if this is some weeaboo war denial copypasta or some speech given by a general in WW2.

Paternal: Austrian jew working as translator in England to remove kraut
Maternal: Slovenian partisan fighting to remove kraut

fuck krauts

Are you retarded? novascotia.com/explore/culture/african-culture

>there are niggers in Nova Scotia
>this proves a significant portion came from the Underground railroad
lmao retard, try reading before posting next time en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nova_Scotians

You are an actual retarded. Your wiki page even proves what I'm saying.
>Black Nova Scotians are Black Canadians whose ancestors fled the Colonial United States as slaves or freemen, and later settled in Nova Scotia, Canada during the 18th and early 19th centuries.

I never said they mostly came from the underground railroad, but it turns out most of them actually are descended from ex american slaves according to your wiki page. I said blacks were fleeing the American civil war and slavery and we sent them to Nova Scotia where they congregated near Halifax harbour. We pat ourselves on the back for this like it was a good thing.

Also the official Nova Scotia websight is far more detailed and credible than a wikipedia page you mong

Except the vast majority weren't using the Underground Railroad which is what you originally said retard

>le wiki is scary meme
It isn't 2008 anymore dummy

Yes

>On 16 April 1945, Cpl Bush, as squad leader for 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 6th Marine Division, led his men in a charge against an enemy stronghold during the final assault against Mount Yaetake in northern Okinawa. During that action, he ignored his own wounds until ordered to seek treatment. While in the makeshift medical camp, Cpl Bush threw himself on an enemy grenade that had been hurled among the medical staff and other wounded Marines. Bush survived his severe wounds, losing several fingers and the sight in one eye.

>On 4 October 1945, President Harry S. Truman, in a White House ceremony, presented Cpl Bush with the Medal of Honor for "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty." He also was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received on Okinawa.

When did I say or imply "the vast majority" you niggerbastard? Also wikipedia is about as credible as shit.

Granddad was tank crew and the sole survivor of his getting hit. Survivor's guilt and alcohol ruined him

>taking your nigger slaves in the underground railroad and shipping them all into a containment zone in Nova Scotia
Dumb ass

How is that wrong or implying all of the niggers in Nova Scotia come from the underground railroad? It's a fact, buddy

Maybe look at this map of the underground railroad routes and see what's wrong with your understanding kek

my grandpa was 9 years old when the war broke out
you are all either really old/offspring of creeps who got kids at 50 or lieing, im going with lieing

Holy shit,those are called routes you idiot. They were sent to to the maritimes and settled Africville with the descendants of black loyalists from an even earlier point in time.

it's from an hbo show called the pacific. it's basically band of brothers but shittier and with japs. read with the old breed instead that fucked me up at 11

my uncle was killed by english scum

One granddad was in artillery in PNG and the hearing loss didn't help his autism much
The other granddad was a generator mechanic at airfields around Australia

Grandpa was 5 years old back then.
A great grandpa did in fact. A little. In Manchuria.

>Estimates vary widely, but at least 30,000 slaves, and potentially more than 100,000, escaped to Canada via the Underground Railroad.[6] The largest group settled in Upper Canada (Ontario), called Canada West from 1841.[39] Numerous Black Canadian communities developed in Southern Ontario. These were generally in the triangular region bounded by Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Windsor. Several rural villages made up mostly of ex-slaves were established in Kent and Essex counties.
>The earliest colonial settlement of Africville began with the relocation of Black Loyalists, slaves from the Thirteen Colonies who escaped from rebel masters and were freed by the British in the course of the American Revolutionary War. The Crown transported them and other Loyalists to Nova Scotia, promising land and supplies for their service. The Crown also promised land and equal rights to War of 1812 Refugees.
>he actually thinks the nigs of Nova Scotia are not overwhelmingly descended from pre-1820 settlement of blacks
Imagine having to be spoon fed every single piece of information kek, I hope you learned something.

bullshit
>Manchuria
you learnt this word just yesterday

I don't understand. So, you're posting greentexts from a wiki article that still proves me right? What is your end game here? You know there is only 20,000 black Nova Scotians atm right? You know what happened to Africville right?

Stupid minority. Pls unmigrate.

>grandpa
how old are you if your grandparents were old enough to go to war? my grandpas were born 1934 and 1938
t. 1988 born

>my grandpas were born 1934 and 1938
>t. 1988 born
My dad was born in '45 and I was born in '92

Why is Mexico not in that image?

>incapable of reading
Grim

>Being the one to actually be incapable of reading
Dour

My grandpa was like 5 during WWII

my grandfather was unironically working in an concentration camp killing Jews, the other was in the Red Army and got killed somewhere in Poland

>took care of his family
Isn't this the true purpose of man ?

My grandfather fought in the New Guinea and became quite disturbed by the experience so much so he found a cave and stored supplies there because he feared a Japanese invasion

According to records, he shot a bunch of reds. He also survived some brutal beaching.

>german rape baby, the post

Grandpa lied about his age to join, and was a gunner on a bomber.

Extended family member fought in Burma in the British Army, wouldn't say exactly what happened there but he really hated the Japanese and never forgave them for what happened there.

my great-grandparents were

>killing japs
>then killing french

you won't guess where imo.

My grandpa was 10 during WW2, American soldiers had him and other kids have boxing matches in exchange for chocolate and cigarettes

youtube.com/watch?v=8yD_c1pnQ6k

i understand why there are so many anglo autists now, learn to get children before 40 if you want them healthy

>served in an artillery unit in Morocco
>lost much of his hearing range
>became an alcoholic
>went to argentina searching fortune
>failed
>was a teacher in Spain for the rest of his life

The Japanese shot off his shins.

Henry?

Dont have many stories but one very unfortunate even happened to my paternal grandfathers uncle.
>last day of the Winter War
>around 9am he got shot badly
>around 10am he got meical attention, medics trying to save him
>between 10-11am he died
>around 11am truce was called and Winter War ended
Couple of hours, couple of measly hours.

Before the war he was police officer. He was over 2 meters tall and weighed around 130kgs or so so compare to average man back then (20-30s) he was enormous.
Story goes he was just asked to become a police officer after some local police officers saw him at trainyard he worked in: there was some fallen flat-bed cart and some of his workmates were trying to lift it back up on rails.
They could not do it but supposedly my grandfathers uncle pushed them on side and lifted the thing back on tracks on his own. Police officers were at awe and simply told that would you mind becoming police officer. There is other bit more humorous story of him:
>saturday night, people drunk having the usual saturday night
>he decided to take one known very drunk drunkard for a night in drunk tank to sleep his head clear
>came in Sunday morning, uncle goes wake up the drunkard and decides to give him a lesson
>"come on now, we are going fishing"
>man, dazed and confused gets up and they get going
>arrive at big river flowing through the city
>both jump on boat, tells him to row the boat forward
>middle of the river, uncle tells him to start rowing upstream and keep the boat steady while uncle starts to fish
>drunkard rows and rows gathering all his strength to keep boat steady at upstream with 130kg giant on it
>enough time has passed, they get back on the land
>uncle tells him, "let this be the last time I see you drunk on public"

my grandfathers dad fought in the winter war

How fucking old were your parents when they had you, holy shit, no wonder you guys are all autistic

One grandfather fought through the whole war.
Once he and his comrades killed some horse because they were starving, for that they were all sent to Shtrafbat since horse was a property of Soviet Union. To leave Shtrafbat you either must be killed or be wounded and wash your sins with your blood.
He fought over there for some time until he was wounded. He then was recovered and was putted in the normal batallion. fought again, was wounded once more, recovered and proceeded to fight. I don't know where he was but he certanly participated in some campaign in Europe, not in Poland or Germany though.

The other grandfather fought too. I only know that he was a participant of Berlin fight.

Both of my grandpas were kids during the war, you have some very old grandpas, you probably are old farts yourselves