Why are the Japanese better at music and aesthetics than their western counterparts

Why are the Japanese better at music and aesthetics than their western counterparts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G5Dg29hIFok
youtube.com/watch?v=B4hu6i_EQUc
youtube.com/watch?v=QilZ6VyNTd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No Idea OP, but you are right.
youtube.com/watch?v=G5Dg29hIFok

youtube.com/watch?v=B4hu6i_EQUc

youtube.com/watch?v=QilZ6VyNTd0

really makes u think . . .

Even though I agree that Japan has a god-tier music scene (especially in the 80s), I don't think we need a "Japan vs West" mentality, it'll only attract shitposting and make discussing japanese music harder than it already is.

80' and 90's japanese music*

asian music sucks. its like an even worse version of white people music

not all of it

What music do you like, user?

wow look at all this black music that asians stole and did worse

>falseflagging this hard

Also reminder YMO was one of the main influences for the black guys that started the detroid techno scene and also for many of the pioneers of House.

YMO was also a big influence in hip hop.

asians dont have an original bone in their body and you know it. they are even bigger copy cats than white people

this. we should be open to both regardless of our biases.

I know you're falseflagging so that people will call you a nigger or whatever, but nah, YMO was a huge influence for blacks who were doing techno, house and hip hop in the late 70s/early 80s. It's kind of interesting actually.

no it wasnt

Sorry to burst your bubble but
>The band has been described as "the original cyberpunks"[69] and their early work has been described as "proto-techno" music.[70][71] By the 1990s, YMO were also frequently cited as pioneers of ambient house music.[4] YMO also popularized a style of live performance that eschewed human movement in favour of electronics such as rhythm boxes and samplers.[72]
>YMO were pioneers of synthpop, a genre development Simon Reynolds believes to be "perhaps the single most significant event in melodic music since Mersey-beat" with its influence still evident in contemporary rock and pop music.[77] In 1993, Johnny Black of Hi-Fi News, in a review for the record Hi-Tech/No Crime, described YMO as "the most adventurous and influential electro-techno-dance technicians the world has produced" and further argued that "without them (and Kraftwerk) today's music would still sound like yesterday's music."[6] In 2001, Jason Ankeny of the Allmusic Guide to Electronica described YMO as "a seminal influence on contemporary electronic music – hugely popular both at home and abroad" and placed them "second only to Kraftwerk as innovators of today's electronic culture."[78]
>YMO are considered pioneers in the field of popular electronic music, and continue to be remixed or sampled by modern artists,[4] including experimental artist Yamantaka Eye, electronica group LFO, jungle band 4hero, electrolatino artist Senor Coconut, ambient house pioneers The Orb and 808 State,[15] electronic music groups Orbital[29] and The Human League,[75] hip hop pioneer Afrika Bambaataa,[3] and mainstream pop musicians such as Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Greg Phillinganes,[29] Eric Clapton,[30] Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Lopez.[79]

YMO are that important. You will just have to deal with it.

They aren’t. Their indigenous culture was heavily dervivitive of Han Chinese culture, and later, they basically copied everything that the west did. That’s not to say that the Japanese culture is bad, but the whole “Japanese aesthetic” has certainly become overly fetishized here in the west.

Back to Sup Forums!

what's China's equivalent to YMO?

asians lack creativity. they have so few inventions as a people, not just in music. i imagine if the rest of the world disapeared today asians would not progress at all, they would just mantain the level of tech we have right now until the meteors came

Riot in Lagos was popular in clubs, comparable to Liaisons Dangereuses in influence

characterizing it as wholly derivative is stupid too

please stop posting, it's obvious to everyone that you're dumb as hell and not worth arguing with

Humans lack creativity, all of our technology and knowledge was given to us by extraterrestial species.

I smell straw. I wasn’t comparing each countries music scenes, I was just stating the fact the modern Japanese society derived a lot of influence from other cultures. That explains why their music scene is more established.

Wasn't a strawman, legitimately curious to see if China has some kind of equivalent.
This is the music board, if you want to discuss social and historial stuff maybe Sup Forums or Sup Forums will be better places (or just avoid the internet altogether and attend international conferences about the matter?)

I don’t know. From what I’ve seen, Chinese culture doesent really emphasize musicality. They’re more interested in furthering science and technology than artistic pursuits.

>I was just stating the fact the modern Japanese society derived a lot of influence from other cultures.
...like every other culture? nothing is ever original anyway

>Wasn't a strawman, legitimately curious to see if China has some kind of equivalent.
China wasn't in any position either politically or economically to have anything like YMO

This is canon.

>They’re more interested in furthering science and technology than artistic pursuits
They're more interested in making killer elevators.

Because you're a fat virgin neck beard weebshit who worships ugly slant eye music even they are pale imitations of their western counterparts

And yet, your favorite western artsts were likely influenced by YMO; directly or indirectly.

Electronic music is garbage only enjoyed by trannies

Too bad, electronic music is currently the most popular kind of music, be it hip hop, edm or whatever.

So it's objectively the most pleb genre then too

>moving goalposts

Anyway, was right, making an OP saying japanese is better than the west will only attract shitposting and not allow actual discussiong/sharing/recs.

asian music disgusts me it usually just sounds like a shitter more gay version of something else. i imagine this is how black people feel when they hear white music

stop falseflagging, let this thread die, OP fucked up.

Higher IQs