>It kills you
>Next match you are losing 10-20 and you play Yogg-Saron
>It kills you
>You_have_to_train_harder_for_the_next_olympic_games.tiff

esport is definitely an sport

no it is not

hearthstone isn't even an esport
the only one blizzard had was starcraft and now it's dead

pretty sure its still alive in worst korea. its funny how they tried to make overwatch e-sport and it fell flat on their face.

who cares about the definition of sport

competitive anything is entertainment simply because its something you cant do

>is it real sport?
no
>whats Sup Forums thoughts on e-sport?
never really cared about them, I do enjoy speed run races and maybe some EVO

I used to play TF2 competitively but saw no more joy than playing it casually. Comp rules are too autistic for me.

Health is not a representative of winning in childrens card games, you tard, that's even more retarded as calculating the value of all figures in a chess game and going "Carlsen has a bishop minus a pawn advantage, he's winning against Aronian 21-19"
"Sport" as a word is a huge meme that has no proper definition
One may say that sport is a game contested by physical abilities, but then again almost all e-"""sports""" are about physical abilities, almost all games (even the ones that seem supertactical and strategic like SC or Dota) are won by the speed of reaction, mouse control accuracy and speed of fingers
Others can say that sports are games that you can't play from a chair, but then you have sports like armwrestling and wheelchair olympics

Find a good definition that fits the following criteria: all e-sports, pub games (darts, pool) and mind games are not sports

it's really sad how some companies think they can just release a game and turn it into an "esport" overnight
all the big ones had years of community and small tournaments before being huge like now

I never cared for these discussions were people sit and look up the definition of words in the dictionary and so on.
The bottom line is that it's hype as fuck!

What is ass-implantwatch? It's terrible, even worse than TF2, but it was designed to be an e-"""sport""" and lots of money were invested to make it one

they did a terrible job then because it's shit to watch

A sport requires stability in its rules, in my humble opinion.
Imagine if every 2 months, football (the real one that everybody plays, not the fake one with an egg) changed its core rules like size of the goal, number of players, hands are allowed then they are not, etc.
Football has worldwide success because it doesn't change. It doesn't establish a "meta" to try to renew itself. It renews itself because new players arrive, some teams have good form, etc.
So in this regards alone, e-"sports" aren't sports, they even are less sports than dart or chess or bridge.

>football
>literally every game is different because the pitch size, grass type, grass height, sun shadows e.t.c. are different for every stadium

It doesn't influence much on the game. In football you don't add stuff that dramatically change the game like putting the kick-off inside the penalty box of one team, add 5 players, or allow some players to handball.
Because that's what "meta changes" are in competitive video games.
Also what you indicate are minor variations, borderline falacies. Only pitch size could count as *somehow* decisive (but is authorized to allow games on a wide variety of pitches)
>grass type
>grass height
>sun shadows
Com'on

"yes"

Every fucking time.

why do they do that to themselves? don't they have a sense of shame ffs

>don't they have a sense of shame
no,they play overwatch

>>grass type and grass height
That's one of the deciding factors in home advantage if you didn't know

Is the mouse an athlete?

But they're literally making a pro overwatch league where multiple teams spent millions to buy in... why have an opinion on it if you don't know anything?

Dont really care if its a sport or not the cs:go majors are more fun to watch then an average football game atm

>grass type and height was the secret behind Spanish European domination all along

>it is real sport?
If there's two teams competing against eachother in a competition I don't see why not

Not Hearthstone though

Poker and Chess are more sport than this

esports: 1
Sup Forums: 0

The e-sports meme is getting worse in motorsports. Especially, in Nascar with "iRacing" garbage. What's really bad is iRacing tricks people into thinking you can go pro as a driver if you sign up for the pyramid scheme. fuck iRacing paydrivers.

GT Academy has had some success turning gamers into professional circuit racing drivers. But it's still bad because people need to realize the difference between vidya and driving in real life and not act like a pro. People end up taking a vidya way too seriously. But all of the racing games nowadays are trying to market themselves on "realism" and "simulation value".

that's a big champagne

what the fuck it just keeps getting worse

>Chess
>Darts
>Billiards
>Poker

Just the next evolution. Besides, there's money involved.