youtube.com/watch?v=3d1re02FuLg
youtube.com/watch?v=7jYOtCKA4lA
youtube.com/watch?v=q3jhSXy-hB0
youtube.com/watch?v=8aAEZ5WWFj8
youtu.be/wPlU0RraTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=_9a0kvOhnNg
youtube.com/watch?v=9R9xbpztSj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah. Now that the backlash against nu metal is almost over, and with the whole anti-numale/soyboy mentality that's building up right now, people are seeing that LB was actually good.
If you don't enjoy songs like Break Stuff, you're just a virgin. That's how it is.

But speaking of the numetal backlash being over, I can't wait until the backlash against dubstep and trap hits hard.
I mean, lol, imagine kids in 15 years or so checking out Skrillex or Lil soundcloud rap for the first time, they will laugh their asses out.
At least Limp Bizkit was a real band, and weren't soy.

true, what made numetal so hated other than it being "mainstream" at the time as if that word means anything?

At first it wasn't hated, it was soon as some legit cool thing, mostly by kids but still.
It started being hated around mid to late 2000s, when cargo pants stopped being fash and people started wearing skinny pants, so the nu metal fashion became really dated real fast.

>with the whole anti-numale/soyboy mentality that's building up right now, people are seeing that LB was actually good.
jesus fucking christ, LP were OG soy

Significant Other is the shit and anyone who disagree is a contratian retard.

LB is quintessential anti-soycore

They weren't too bad at all, Nu Metal is just the red-headed step child of Metal music for it's experimentation with Hip-Hop, Metal, and little bit of Grunge. It's mostly because the lyrics are fucking ridiculous on some tracks (Hot Dog).

>you will never see Limp Bizkit at their peak, headlining the Family Values '99 tour when Significant Other was at its maximum hype levels

but i did, and it was awesome

I don't live in USA but I bought the family values 99 CD. Good stuff.

their recent shows have been pretty good, even play material off three dollar bill yall.youtube.com/watch?v=3d1re02FuLg

Music wise, no. Wes is a solid bassist and they have some energetic, fun tracks.

Fred Durst wise, yes. Terrible lyricist, vocalist, personality.

wes is only a bassist on his side projects

Good guitarist, horrendous frontman/songwriting.

wes borland is the GOAT
sam rivers is a great bassist
john otto is a great drummer
dj lethal added cool textures to their music
fred is objectively a good vocalist but his lyrics are really juvenile

bad lyrics don't make a bad band

Why do people praise Wes so much?
He isn't that great of a guitarist. I think people mostly like him because of his quirky make up.
Fred>Wes

that sounds like shit compared to how good they were then though...

youtube.com/watch?v=7jYOtCKA4lA

When all of a band's album covers are an anal sex reference, you can probably ignore them and never miss a thing.

imagine being this contrarian

Not really, I don't dislike Wes, but I don't get why people think he's such a good guitarist. Guy is cool, but he's mostly known for his make up than his guitar playing.

Nailed it.

While songs like "Hot Dog" are objectively horrible, songs like "Rollin", "My Generation" and "Nookie" are classics

Three Dollar Bill Y'All$- 7.8/10
Significant Other - 8.6/10
Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water - 10/10
Results May Vary - 7/10
Results May Vary 2 / Smelly Beaver (RMV B-Sides) - 6.3/10
The Unquestionable Truth - 6/10
Gold Cobra - 9.2/10

explain your stance, logically.
You literally can't

well what do you expect? they're 20 years older. And you're comparing iphone audio with professionally mixed audio.
youtube.com/watch?v=q3jhSXy-hB0
44:55
Break stuff from 2015 for comparison.

Did you really just give "The Unquestionable Truth" A 6 and "Results May Vary" anything above a 4?

the riffs and licks on hot dog are perfect. the pseudo-arabian pre chorus synth lethal lays down adds a lot of texture to it, despite not being noticable on the first few listens. the lyrics are bad but that's the point, and fred has undeniable energy when he screams.

limp bizkit can literally do no wrong. even their weakest tracks are masterpieces. this isn't even a joke post.

>that audience
the LB public is too chad for the average Sup Forumstant

Meal fags hated it because the riffs were "simple" and rhythm/hook oriented rather than tech and "brutal" oriented which means they aren't "real metal" and them being called "metal" get the mealfags mad
Numales hated it because it was too masculine and violent
Musicfags hated it because it was seen as low brow and commercial

uh yeah. is there a problem with that? even without wes the band carries themselves well, and the production is still top notch. the only real criticism for RMV is its lack of direction. TUQ is their weakest release by far from both a musicianship and production perspective but it's still bizkit so it's still good.

Three Dollar Bill, Y'All [Flip/Interscope, 1997] *bomb

Significant Other [Flip/Interscope, 1999]

Give their image credit for having a sound ("Just Like This," "N 2 Gether Now"). *

Chocolate St*rfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water [Flip/Interscope, 2000]

Minimal sexism, doody jokes for corporate America, and the best rapping money can borrow ("Rollin' [Urban Assault Vehicle]," "Getcha Groove On"). *

You forgot that 90% of nu metal albums are brickwalled and sound terrible. This was an abysmal era for album mixing.

Interesting, I'm going to listen to again now focusing only on the instrumentals

Sorry but Fred without a doubt really fucks that song up, "DUDE IM JUST GOING TO KEEP SAYING FUCK LIKE THAT ICP SONG LMAO" and then NIN song titles being screamed in the chorous

Never noticed the "pseudo-arabian pre chorus", nice point.

That guy is a fucking hack. Peep the master's word

>one album cover is half an anal sex reference
>all of them
don't talk about things you know nothing about

Adding up to my first response ,the "KISS...MY....CHOCOLATE....STARFISH" part is awesome

That's an example of good bad-lyrics to me, all the other lyrics in the song are just bad-bad.

Some of LBs best tracks came off of The Unquestionable Truth. "The Truth" and "The Channel were undeniably some of the best work Limp Bizkit has done lyrically especially The Truth. Let's not forget about "The Priest" As well.

Shit like "Red Light Green Light" And " Build A Bridge" Didn't really stick imo.

They're less brickwalled than commercial rock and pop albums have been since then.

Live versions of the stuff are a way to get around that.

>even without wes the band carries themselves well,

No, they do not.

That album was so bad it killed nu-metal, actually.

Limp Bizkit completely dropped the ball on following up the biggest nu-metal album of all time by having their best member quit and dropping out that shit.

I remember I was 13 when it came out in 2003 and did not even care to buy it despite them being my favorite band when Starfish dropped

RMV is what i see as their "comfy" album. it's mellow and sounds deep (musically) and bassy. i don't dislike the unquestionable truth but it really sounds like they're trying to be something they're not. it isn't very polished and has a distinct lack of turntable effects / keyboards / electronics.
ok

>yfw your favorite Limp Bizkit is a unreleased instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=8aAEZ5WWFj8

I am a simple man, I like simple riffs.

Couldn't have said it better.

"don't remember" is one of their best tracks and it's a demo that never saw the light

also press your luck has a full fledged version it isn't just an instrumental

This is is the first time I've seen a legitimate Limp Bizkit discussion on Sup Forums

Is the reign of the soyboy finally ending?

They were ok when I was 13. After that, what was the point?

>Give their image credit for having a sound
Is this guy suppose to be a professional critic?

i have listened to chocolate starfish over 450 times and their other albums at least 60 each

lmao
does his jumper say "Not Robert"?

yeah I know, but fred durst is particulary lackluster on it.

I wish they could get a solid producer and someone could help fred write proper lyrics.

The great ideas are there, it's just that they put all their bad ideas on their albums as well.

Being a fan of limp bizkit is like being a battered wife, you keep coming back even though you know you're going to get slapped in the face with some bad shit.

"Gold Cobra" is as good as any Limp Bizkit song ever and would have been a smash fucking hit if it was released in 2000

Why Try and Shotgun are also fucking classics

It's like they never broke up in the first place, shame Gold Cobra wasn't a bigger hit

because they're fun and energetic?

i dont know

Didn't Fred claim he broke the band up because he didn't want jocks listening to his music?

Well it hasnt been a good decade for rock in general.

fred's rapping and wordplay got exponentially better from 2011 and beyond. if they ever release stampede of the disco elephants i hope it showcases that.
gold cobra is arguably better than significant other. everything about the instruments is insanely intricate.

>After that, what was the point?
Then you start listening to more pretentious and soy stuff to fit in with your peers.
Then you stop giving a fuck and realize Bizkit is fun as fuck and listen to them again.

I mean, that's like 1988 Metallica versus 2008 Metallica.

what do you think of black light burns

i didn't start seeing a lot of hate until it became a meme to hate nu-metal around like 2013. nu-metal was pretty alive in the mid 2000s.

Mesopotamia is a sweet song that draws influence from a lot of bands I like (QOSTA, NIN, Mike Patton)

The rest of the album just sounded like bad rip offs of bands I like

Hell fucking no, tons of metal fans hated nu metal back in the day. A lot of them blamed Pantera for starting the shit.

Hell no it wasn't alive in the Mid 2000's. That's when Nu Metal never thrived and was looked upon as a joke.

reminder nu metal albums still debuted at #1 from 2010-2015

Nu metal fell off after 2005, 2006 metalcore took its place

>2000
chocolate startfish and the hotdog flavored water (peak of nu-metal)

>2003
meteora (the last big nu-metal album, the final point where nu-metal was at top)

>2004-2005 (late 2003)

undewhelming nu-metal albums by the big boys come out (results may vary, subliminal verses, see you on the other side of the mirror)

nu-metal as a big thing is now dead. bands like papa roach are already ditching the nu-metal vibe and going for the "emo" fall out boy type of look,

>2006
you can call it officially dead here

Going back, was there any way that nu-metal could have been saved?

Maybe if "indie" low-test music didn't take over.

Wes Borland does not quit Limp Bizkit and they put out a proper follow up to Starfish in 2002

Linkin Park do not abandon the sound of their first two albums and release a followup of the same style in 2005

Alas, Bizkit JUST'd themselves with a 3 year album gap + no Borland and Linkin Park of course took 4 fucking years to release the "le new proto Reddit" Minutes to Midnight album in 2007, well after the momentum from their first two had worn off

if the big record labels never got their hands on it, yeah. but they were all looking for the next big thing after grunge and nu metal came and went.

No. It was a fad like boy groups and it wasn't relevant by 2005

Disturbed's first two albums are really good lads

third one is peak then it's all downhill

redpill me on the best song from the third one, maybe i need to revisit

my foggy memory from that time is it being called 10 thousand fists and them adding those corny little ptich hermonic on end of riffs like zakk wylde or something and i dropped em

The Game is top tier cringe kino

drama makes the world go around

DOES ANYBODY GOT A *PROBLEM* WITH THAT?

My Generation is better than anything the Melvins, Helmet, Pantera or Godflesh can ever make

nah, never cared for disturbed, they've always been shit

accurate

Give me back my money, you bum
You said you'd pay me back
I'm broke and for that you deserve a smacking for slacking
Now people say that I'm a slacker
If I'm a slacker, it's through the eyes of the ones that are blind
Give me back my money, my money, my money
If I'm a slacker, it's through the eyes of the ones that are blind!!!!

jesus musically this is dope as hell but these lyrics are so fucking dumb

i hated the way he'd phrase things it was so cliche and gay

ok im listening to significant other again

"no sex"

musically/melodically very cool but these fucking lyrics

Should've left my pants on this time
But instead you had to let me dive right in
Should've left my pants on this time
You let me dive right, you let me dive right in

60% of their discography is like that

Whats ur top 10 bizkit songs?

no order

my way
it'll be ok
don't remember / no control
stuck
stalemate
shotgun
creamer (all radio is dead)
re-arranged
ready to go
walking away

it isn't fair to limit it to 10 but those are off the top of my head

>it'll be okay

good choice.

Counterfeit is a great song.

I loved their early stuff, although I feel like they bit some style from Deftones.

Everything up til Wes left was pretty awesome, and for a rich white kid like me, I loved that they had that hip-hop style too.

Counterfeit is arguably one of their best songs, hell when it comes to late 90's it's a hidden gem compared to some of the other shit.

I totally agree

I still think Sour is pretty interesting. Counterfeit too.

youtu.be/wPlU0RraTwE

Indeed, 1997 was a pretty shitty year for music (Barbie Girl, My Heart Will Go On and the Titanic soundtrack happened, Oasis released "Be Here Now") So the fresh Nu Metal scene with shit like 3DBY was definitely a breath of fresh air.

I love Sour too! And who can forget Stuck?

Fred's gonna bring back Bizkit but Bones is gonna co-front the band with him and its going to be glorious
youtube.com/watch?v=_9a0kvOhnNg

See You On The Other Side was pretty good though. Can't say the same for Take A Look In The Mirror and Results May Vary

i remember being up late at night watching MTV when Nookie first came on shit was epic you immediately could tell it was going to be huge

Yes. It's still fucking corny.
Plus all the bands around them were awful.

Remember Static X's Pushit? Oh god that was awesome in a bad way

>It started being hated around mid to late 2000s
That's when garage hit, like the White Stripes.

I think the whole clowny makeup shit became lame as people began to take it seriously.
At first it was them taking the absolute piss of things.

jesus christ this is some serious bass kino

Oh god, don't even look at 2017 Metallica, you will get suicidal thoughts.

It's become so serious it's retarded.
Compare them now with "The Melvins" now. The Melvins are still fucking awesome. youtube.com/watch?v=9R9xbpztSj8
Why? Because they don't give a fuck about shit.

This. Metalcore was big from 05 to around 2015.
It's a bit dead lately because people are spooked by the state of affairs and want "safe" cuck music.

You can thank the hipster scene of 2010-16 for that. Recently that's stopped a bit though. Probably the Trump effect on people's mentality.

Adidas made a huge comeback the last 2 years.

Korn should have avoided the trap.

People always forget how different nu-metal was to the other mainstream acts of the late 90's. It was fresh air after the stale post-grunge era. The industry killed grunge by that point.
And the only other heavy alternative was hip hop and Britpop to a degree (which Radiohead made softer). Hip hop and nu-metal became entwined a bit for a little while.