What the fuck is Disney's problem? Why won't they give us an old Republic trilogy?

What the fuck is Disney's problem? Why won't they give us an old Republic trilogy?

How would it end though?

I prefer and animated series done by madman.

They're saving that, once they've milked every character based movie.

I'd rather them just get Bioware and Obsidian to remake the games and make them canon desu. The first one would make for a decent movie (though it leans far too much on the OT) but the sequel is just so dark and more about how the characters interact than the actual journey.

Because normies won't get it, the characters and setting won't be the same or anything remotely similar, and those demanding for it are in the minority.

bioware already ruined revan

"Cannon? what cannon? We're gonna make completely new stories now." -disney

>Wanting Kotor ruined by Disney shitters

no thanks, I'll stick with the games

First movie - Mandalorian Wars
Second Movie - Revan and Malak fall and begin their war against the Republic
Third Movie - KotOR

None of that Vitiate bullshit.

>nubioware

Please no.

>normies won't get a movie that's literally a ripoff of the OT

I don't see the appeal and I say this as someone who ignored family so I could play the games. Kylo Ren is already more appealing. If you're going to do an Old Republic movie then do Darth Bane. That would be ManKino.

Give Disney time. They wanna milk nostalgia while some actors are still alive for cameos and cross-promotion.

That well will run dry and they'll try other things.

I'd rather have a Lucas filoni joint show like the clone wars than some shit Disney stuff

Bioware would fuck them up if they read them today, desu.
>have to complete 15 side quest for "Galaxy Points"
>need 50 Galaxy Points to progress to the next planet
>stronk women, homosexuals and transgender Jedi for Sup Forumsfaggots to complain about non stop
>shittiest ending possible

I'm good with Kotor and Kotor II staying as they are.

Just go with exar khun. Just look at all that edge.

is that Heems?

Even if they make a new trilogy, it'd be different from what people expect. They'd change some stuff so that it's not completely predictable and the aesthetics would definitely be different since they've said they're trying to make that era more ancient looking if they ever revisit it.

They barely understand where Rogue One fits and I've dealt with people irl that had trouble with episode 7

Probably this if you were doing it, but it would be impossible to keep the Revan twist if you've been following him for 2 movies, unless the movies follow the Exile more for the first 2

Who said they won't? This shit has just started and your already crying like a little baby "Are we there yet!"

The twist just wouldn't work.

There's no need for the twist, everyone and their grandma knows it.

>implying any director Disney hires wants to use any part of EU rather than their own bland setting.

You could make the first two movies from the Exile's point of view, switch to Revan for the third, and come back to the Exile for a fourth.

Considering the exile was one of Revan's top generals how would that work? Would Revan just wear a mask the whole time with a voice emulator?

There are people watching the new SW movies who never saw the originals, only a tiny tiny percentage will know anything about 15 year old RPGs

>kyle katarn will never have a solo film

Why live?

He does wear a mask in the Old Republic comics.

I always thought him and Riker were the same actor

>wanting Disney to ruin more shit
Fuck off, shill.

Darth Bane movie when?

>Mary Sue Han solo ripoff who's main contribution was retconned a million times
Nothing of value was lost

>jedi and sith up the ass
no thank you, we already have enough of those

Bioware does it again

They never showed that many extraordinary force users tho. Someone like Sion or Nihilus.

Its better than the trite they come up with by themselves, or the idiot writers and directors they hire.

Lucasfilm story group aren't that creative

The big thing about Star Wars is the magic space kung fu knights, they don't have to be Jedi/Sith, but it ain't crazy to keep centering stories on them

No one cares about Old Republic except gamer fags.

That being said there will probably be all sorts of animated shit set there, if it's still canon. I doubt they'd ever put the resources into a live-action movie. Normies don't know shit about the Old Republic.

why would you want it ruined, you stupid fuck?

it's much more interesting, I think, actually seeing Revan's "fall".

although he didn't really fall, he just lost faith in the Jedi and decided to fight the Republic to make them stronger against the real threat iirc.

>cannon

Have to wait until people who saw the prequels as kids and liked them are older and many of them have children that they'll force to go see movies that take place before the prequels.

>More Mary Sues
No thank you

Story group doesn't come up with the ideas

Where do they come from then? An algorithm that datamined a bunch of surveys and pieced together a script?

>being powerful in the force is being a mary sue
I guess Sheev is the biggest Mary Sue of them all

Because normies only like the Original Trilogy.

>responding to the false flagging Disney shill

Writers come up with the stories. Story Group makes sure they don't conflict

>Disney shill
Not wanting a Kotor movie is an anti-Disney shill

Sidious is the most overrated Sith Lord, never beat anybody in a fight clean and never drew a dime

I'm fine if Disney doesn't make any KOTOR movies. The Old Republic already ruined the characters, I don't want to see them get ruined any further by Disney.

it will be the next trilogy after the new episodes finish

>Fioni and Pabalo both want to bring KOTOR back into the Star Wars canon, and have almost done so multiple times.
>Revan was originally going to appear in The Clone Wars, Darth Big Guy shows up and was also going to cameo with Revan in a previous episode, they brought back the hammerhead ships which now exist in official movie supercanon with their introduction in Rogue One playing a major role in a scene near the end, the Star Map and Kylo's lightsaber are both relevant to ancient KOTOR technology, and they went to two KOTOR worlds in the shows.
The reason it's not officially back yet is because there's currently a disagreement on how KOTOR would look. The fact that the technological progress between the thousands of years between eras is little to nothing is a bit jarring, and doesn't fit in with how new canon wants to make a lot of the force more mystical than ever before. They're debating if they should leave it as-is, or if they should change the look. They're not denying it exists, and they even mention things like the Mandalorian Wars in both shows, it'll probably be brought back in the future, but until they decide how it looks, it'll remain out of reach. We'll most likely see something in Rebels though, Kierra is being teased as the voice that talks to Ezra by Pabalo, in a "we want it to be, but we have to be sure with the suits if it's okay" sort of way.

If you want sources, look up anything I mentioned on wookiepedia or Pablao's twitter.