ITT: Prove me wrong

ITT: Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2014/09/27/woman-beheaded-at-oklahoma-food-distribution-center-police-say.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think every rational person would agree with you

This.

It's not us you need to convince.

In the UK criminals aren't shooting regular people, they shoot other criminals

If gun control is irrelevant to mass shooters in the US, why don't they use automatic weapons?

yeah, regular people just have to put up with their crimes

But they do

I would just smash through the gate.

Ok OMAR

You can turn an AR15 into automatic pretty easily. Isnt built for it but it will last durring a killing spree

pretty solid logic desu

if anything, the only people made safer are criminals

That's ought to be quite the task in a Prius.

FPBP

>Homicide laws
>Murderers

Why bother with laws at all really

Nope firearms are only used in an attempt to kill other criminals. I guess its different for you on the continent with open borders that guns can easily make there way into your country. Whereas here gun control works

Name mass shootings in the US where the shooter had a fully automatic weapon. I don't know of any.

Checkmate, atheists.

can you provide any examples?

The first years after a ban. Not much would have changed, there is a lot of guns out there. But as supply decrease the price will go up buying just a shit UZI in denmark will cost more than 2000 $. Also how would an autistic spastic who lives in a basement ever get his hands on one, so that he can shoot up a school? He wouldn't because he has fuck-all connections. So yes a ban would make it much harder to get and much more expensive thus lowering the number even amongst potential criminals.
I am however pro gun. Just not pro-shit arguments.

BUT MUH AUSTRALIA

That's not an argument, you could say that for ANY law that is currently enforced. Why criminalize drugs when people still do them? Why criminalize drunk driving when people still do it? It's fucking retarded as shit.

No, I'm not pro gun control. The correct argument is that you're allowed to drive a car from when you're barely a 16 y/o burger which has 2 tons and the killing capacity is huge. Having a gun doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna do something bad with it and you can't not let people in need defend themselves because a madman killed some people. If guns had been illegal, he could've used a car with the same effect.

So are you telling us that with gun control they will leave visible trails and without it they will be like ghosts?

Well i totally agree with you OP.Gun control will be great for keeping an aye on criminals since they'll leave many trails of their crimes and well be lined up in the courthouse even before they fire up that weapon.They'll be lined up just for owning it.

The real question is can your penal system handle that many criminals?

HULK SMASH!!

It doesn't matter because a right is something beyond a want or a need, it is literally something I am entitled to as an American citizen and do not need any other reasons to have it

>be british
>get beheaded

The number of crimes involving firearms is very low here. And in every other country with strictly enforced gun control laws.

You make the gate wider, more secure and have a fence surrounding the grass. Gun control isn't a singular nonadjustable entity.

Full-auto on an assault rifle is for suppressive fire if you want to hit your target you should actually aim.

heey a picture from my university lol xD

How much should we be willing to spend on gun control and what benefits will we see in return?

Satanic trips bring you much power. Enjoy the ticket.

Fuck me
Was for

The difference is that guns are a tool for self-defense. If the general populate is restrained, it makes them easy prey for criminals that have even basic firearms. You can look up some videos about gun defense in states with loose gun laws, or also south africa, to see that civilians that are armed can actually make a difference when faced by criminals.

It seems to me that any big law enforcement initiative would erode American principle of 'small government'. This alao goes for the wall and mass deportations. You have to decide if it's worth the money and worth giving rhe staye more powerful and worth having a larger police force.

How many Americans do you think have been shot since then? Must be in the tens of thousands. But you're right UK is a lot worse

you will see a 1984 to be quite honest familia

I guess it would depend on how much value is placed on lives and how many people are victims of gun crime. If its a non-issue and there are rarely any people affected by it, then the government probably won't see reason to waste time and money enacting new legislation. It really depends on where one draws the line between inaction and recognising a need for action.

Not to mention that the people who attacked Lee Rigby had a gun

Gun control isn't a boomgate over the road, it's barriers on either side.

Nobody suggests that criminals follow gun laws. The idea is that gun laws reduce the amount of guns in circulation, making them more expensive and less widespread. It's why a home-made garage machine pistol in Australia costs tens of thousands of dollars, whereas a factory-produced quality weapon of the same type in America costs hundreds - or less - to get illegally.

I don't support conventional gun control by any means, but the first step in arguing against something is actually understanding what it is you're arguing against.

That's not necessarily the best argument, since there are numerous examples where gun control actually reduced the number of crimes (although not by significant margins)
A better argument would be that in case the government suddenly decides it does no longer need a large part of the population we should have some sort of protection against the military
>inb4 protect urself against drones haha

Lets give terrorist access to our Armory and Arsenal of weapons as they pose as "gun buying citizens"

This is so dumb it hurts

I pretty sure they didn't, but you could be right. Definitely didn't use it

>be american
>get beheaded
>then shot
>tip the shooter

foxnews.com/us/2014/09/27/woman-beheaded-at-oklahoma-food-distribution-center-police-say.html

I can't remember exactly, maybe it was not loaded. I looked it up, I think they had an antique revolver. This is why they were not attacked by the crowd, not because people in UK are that lazy.

Yeah, they walked down the street and shot all those bystanders didn't they

>The idea is that gun laws reduce the amount of guns in circulation, making them more expensive and less widespread
Except no as handguns are not being targeted for control. Only the ones that would prove useful in a civil war against the government (battle rifles).

The fact that gun control legislation is poorly implemented and designed by retards doesn't change what the intent of the control is.

>civil war against the government
Why would you fight a government you chose, you dingus.

And if you don't like the government chosen by the majority just move out.There is plenty of space on this planet.

Are you too poor to move out?Than get a job and stop living in your mums basement.

it's not just spending and effort though, it's also a wager between the dozen of lives affected compared to hundreds of thousands that get their rights restricted

sure, it's unacceptable to feel unsafe because you could get shot. on the other hand you only have one life, why live it in an oppressive nanny state if the chance was almost null to die of a firearm shooting

> This is why they were not attacked by the crowd, not because people in UK are that lazy.

Also I think it freaked people out and/or didn't think it was real because if you did behead someone you would normally run away not hang about waiting for the police to turn up.
Even though they deserved to die. The police shot them in the legs because they aren't judge Dredd and they get their right to a fair trial.

Just a reminder
>America voted a black muslim as president TWICE
>US black population is 45,672,250, that's a larger black population than every African nation except Nigeria, DRC and Ethiopia
>US is 4th most populates African Nation
>United States of Africa

And 100 years from now when the guns in circulation finally break down and no one makes parts for them any more, there wont be as many in circulation. It won't fix the problem we have NOW with dipshits and allah nutters going postal.

Because mass shooters generally have at least a basic knowledge of firearms and understand that full-auto is not the best way to kill people

full-auto has very limited actual uses which is why even the most SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED people don't really give a fuck that full-auto weapons are heavily restricted

Trump is right, these people should never be allowed entry

North Hollywood shootout, AR-15 and AK-47 rifles both converted to fully automatic. Over 1,100 rounds were fired and only 18 injuries, none fatal. Full auto fire is ineffective for scoring kills, only useful for suppressing targets, exactly the case here.

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA

I'm not military but I imagine a 3-round burst would be better for killing in a crowded room than either spraying the whole mag at once or taking every shot one at a time.

No one's going to tell you that automatic weapons are banned in the US because we don't want street gangs using suppressive fire on each other.

WTF, wrong link.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout