Asian Kino thread

Asian Kino thread

What have you watched lately?
Saw this not sure what to think I guess I liked it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfVmKUOKr2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do I watch kino bros?

Summer Palace

>no Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
0/10

I watched half of this months ago. Something about it really turned me off, it seemed like a whole host of modern filmmaking tropes that I'm sick of thrown together

On my external hard drive actually
Plus one for that

Poetry for some hard hitting real life drama, if you want a good to decent thriller with some high moments then Lust Caution is also really nice.
I had to stop watching anything but mindless action movies after watching Poetry, the movie destroyed me emotionally. Really good, really strong. A must watch. I am afraid to watch Peppermint Candy , but maybe in a few years I will be ready for it.

>Rurouni Kenshin
Literally just watch Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection 10x better that that live action shit.

> Watch Fallen Angels.
> Can't tell the characters apart

Well, I tried

>Reflection
Oh, gee, thanks for ruining my evening.
youtube.com/watch?v=dfVmKUOKr2M

Just finished in the mood for love(that fucking ending man) and 2046. why are Asian romance films so fucking good?

>why are Asian romance films so fucking good
because they make you feel more than "I want to tap that ass" for the characters

Castaway on the Moon

Why don't ozu and mizoguchi get as much love as kuroswawa, they're even better than him.

anyone else watch The Assassination (2016) recently? That movie was definitely one of the best this year for me.

Link? All i get is a shitty american movie

I just read a plot synopsis and Poetry looks like it'd tear your fucking heart out. Don't think I could handle it user.

The Hou Hsio-Hsien film

>anyone else watch The Assassination (2016).
The assassin*. Enjoyed it. Looks like a painting in some scenes. There is an Assassination korean film though

This is partially true but not offensive compared to the standards of movie making. I think you are overdosing on director memes and just need to back off movies for a while.

Fell asleep in the last part of the movie, it was just too fucking long.

>director memes
Made me chuckle

No I'm not like burnt out on movies, this one just hit a lot of individual things I'm sort of tired with
>slow, disaffected pacing
>still camera long shot cinematography
>stories about criminals/cops
>sudden "unexpected" violence
>quirky scenes involving pop music, dancing, bright colors; anything to liven up an otherwise intentionally lifeless film that are practically designed to be the only scene people watch on youtube
>anti-heros that are just assholes, no depth to them for the audience to mine
>unbelievable romance that exists because the plot said it does
>vaguely political. something something late-stage capitalism, something modernization