What does Sup Forums think about Sublime?

What does Sup Forums think about Sublime?

one of my fav bands love their diversity.

Listening to Doin' Time right now

So freaking cozy, I love it

I like their self titled a lot, helped me a lot during high school.

Bud srsly died to early

sorry to be the downer but i really hate sublime. if yall wanna keep this a lovefest then just ignore me, but this band is like the worst elements of RHCP distilled. never understood what there is to like

I DON'T PRACTICE SANTERIA

t.

Where is this from?

The most basic bitch band in the most basic bitch genre

your biopic

honestly this kid has more moves than 90% of people will ever have

Anyone ever come a cross anything half decent in the same style? Slightly Stoopid is pure lounge music imo

lmao

the Ziggens are fantastic, however not as dubby as Sublime.

Check out LAW, it's Bradleys sons band.

and? What good are they when they can't even win over that thot?

>impressing middle school girls is what's valuable in life

enjoy virginity my friend

Im trying so hard not to fall for the b8 m8

One of my favorite band's ever since I was a child.

RHCP and Sublime aren't even close to being similar. When has Sublime ever been a funk band?

the funk is what's good about RHCP. the worst elements of RHCP are lazy songwriting, embarrassing vocal delivery, stupid lyrics, and, for lack of a better term, "stoner aesthetics". Sublime is all of these things.

Lazy songwriting? Have you even listened to One Hot Minute, or By The Way or Californication? OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Tripping"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.

Anyway, RHCP isn't as immature as you think. Quite a few of their albums divulge into a deeper, more introspective theme throughout, and Frusciante's abstract, yet delicate virtuosity mixed with Flea's rhythmic sensibilities create that synergy in which Anthony conveys his messages.

>worst elements

I'm not talking about RHCP's strengths here man, I'm talking about their weaknesses. Like if I said "Muse has all of the worst elements of Radiohead without any of the best" I'm not saying Drones is as good as Kid A, I'm saying that Radiohead's penchant for pretension, self-involvement, and grandiosity - in their worst moments - is something that Muse have in spades, without any of Radiohead's redeeming factors.