That one edgy kid who refused to pledge allegiance to the flag

>that one edgy kid who refused to pledge allegiance to the flag

You do this in aus? I'm not even sure we do it in America still.

>that one edgy kid that said 'no prometo' instead of 'yo prometo' the day of promising fidelity to the flag

Still do

>went to catholic high school
>always that one fat fedora kid who didnt stand up during morning prayer

Didn't know Aussies did this too
Good to know we aren't the only country with patriotism

>pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth
>morning prayer
What?

Aren't Christians the ones that deny to pledge because they are not allowed to have other gods besides the one god.

What would happen if you pledged allegiance in the USA or in Australia to the national flag of the German empire?

You will go to hell for Idoltry.

>pledge allegiance to a flag
>someone dresses up as said flag
>you have to do what they say

I know most of you are underage little shits;

Do they still do pledge of allegiance in school?
Teach cursive?

No, it basically mentions the Christian god, who is referred to as God
"One nation under God" implying the Christian god

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

>that one edgy kid who refused to say "one nation under God" during the pledge claiming it was against his freedom of religion

>Turkish, Moroccan and green politicians don't swear allegiance to the King

>that kid who thought the end of the pledge said "and justice for God" instead of "justice for all"

>that one edgy kid who browse Sup Forums and spout memes IRL

But you pray to a idol of the Nation.

It's not about the flag, it's about what it stands for. But you still have to look at its direction and face towards it.

>Not being a flag

No we don't you Kraut faggot.

You do.
There is nothing like this stated in the Bible.
But the 1. commandment is stated clearly.

You have not gave me an example so I'll take your claim with a grain of salt.

>Organized ceremonial worship of a men made symbol

That's the definition of Idoltry.

Read the part after Moses crossed the sea. When it gets violent. Look up what kind of idols the Israelites make.

Saying "One nation, under God" is not idolatry. We don't say Yahweh or Allah, we just say God. I can't take Catholics seriously anyways because we can't trust them.

2. Mose 20,2–5

I studied the bible in German that's why you have to get the direct quotes yourself.

It's not the part of saying one Nation under God, it's more the ceremonial worship of a men made idol.

In America we commonly use the King James Version or the English Standard Version. I have both but I never read the bible because I am against established religion. Call me fedora but it's caused my family a lot of problems only relying on God. Protestants are common for doing this. Yet we still are a country under God. I don't know what verse in the bible you are referring to so it must be a typo.

„Ich bin Jahwe, dein Gott, der dich aus Ägypten geführt hat, aus dem Sklavenhaus. Du sollst neben mir keine anderen Götter haben. Du sollst dir kein Gottesbild machen und keine Darstellung von irgendetwas am Himmel droben, auf der Erde unten oder im Wasser unter der Erde. Du sollst dich nicht vor anderen Göttern niederwerfen und dich nicht verpflichten, ihnen zu dienen. Denn ich, der Herr, dein Gott, bin ein eifersüchtiger Gott: Bei denen, die mir Feind sind, verfolge ich die Schuld der Väter an den Söhnen, an der dritten und vierten Generation;“

This part:
Du sollst dich nicht vor anderen Göttern niederwerfen und dich nicht verpflichten, ihnen zu dienen.

Free translation:
You should not bow to other gods and you should not pledge to serve them

These idols were representative of past Israeli/desert gods that specialized in different areas

The most common of these idols was a female god who would increase fertility by praying to her

America's flag 'worship' is more akin to taking oath 'so help me God'

You do not say the pledge to receive anything back or treat it as a higher being

>These idols were representative of past Israeli/desert gods that specialized in different areas

The Idols represented the man made. The man makes himself gods through idols in opposition to the one god who made men.

The golden calf is the idol stated in the Bible.

>America's flag 'worship' is more akin to taking oath 'so help me God'

It's called pledge of allegiance and that's also what it looks like.

The pledge asks your devotion to the nation.

It's not wrong to like and identify with a nation but your extend is very clearly a direct break with god's 1. commandment.

I disagree that the act of devotion to something not held as a god in any view violates it

Take off the proxy before making the thread, Pedro don Burger.

Disagree all you want but you're still a fucking idiot and that christfag deity clearly states that such an act is a sin. Sinners burn in hell. Lovely religious and lovely Christfag nation.

Americans are so fucking dumb. They go all muh heritage without even bothering to understand said heritage. Keep up the idol worship, you tribal nigger.

>There is nothing like this stated in the Bible
Matthew 22:21
>They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

>Ignores the point and gets fuming

Cool.

It's not a sin, but I'm not going to argue with you

>t. theology student

Can you do it in Spanish?

watching internet "atheists" debate while citing scripture or muh epicures is kinda funny but also sad.

>Matthew 22:21
This refers to a complete different situation.
Nobody asks them to worship caesar.