youtube.com/watch?v=2NQ8woXu07c
youtube.com/watch?v=RhHkUg-QCwk
yahoo.com/news/radiohead-publisher-denies-lana-del-180003723.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v6dNTmfZp0U
youtube.com/watch?v=ze2eNpOE8sU
vocaroo.com/i/s1ce0yww4qgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>rip off

cmon i dont even really like radiohead but if you're gonna apply this level of scrutiny to music and call it a ripoff then i hate to break it to you but most structural music is ripping at least 3-4 different things off

most people dont sue people for interpolations though so your point is irrelevant

they're assholes for suing, but they're also wrong about the suit. doesn't make sense to respond to that by adopting the absurdly strict terms of the lawsuit and calling everything a ripoff

Go to bed, Lana

the songs i posted are very clearly interpolations though. im not even saying theres anything wrong with it, i steal chords all the time. its only wrong because radio head is suing another person for it when i know they've sat around and consciously broke down other peoples songs in this way

you dont just accidently produce a song that sounds like parasite, that song was wrote on a very strange tuning and isnt conventional at all, thom yorke consciously stole that song

After you, Thom

THAT HOLLIES SONG FUCKING SLAPS

the original is better
youtube.com/watch?v=9HglphdXqMg

if radiohead are suing for this it really is a miracle that noel gallagher has any songwriting credits at all since he ripped almost everything off

the just hair blends in on his head you cant even tell its there

Now there's an interesting conversation to be had. Radiohead, the experimental wunderkind of the britpop era, broke big in America, where Oasis, the derivative nostalgia act, did not. Radiohead ends up suing artists over similar sounds, and yet, when it's pretty much inevitable that at least one one-hit-wonder in America might have been influenced by Wonderwall or Live Forever, Oasis haven't done a thing. They're experts at ripping off older bands, surely they could've found somebody who've ripped their successes off.
Unless they weren't exposed to a litigious culture.

>Unless they weren't exposed to a litigious culture.
Oh this is just EMI fuckery again I think. I don't think Thom has any say in the matter.
BUT, copyright of musical works can only be sued by the writer of the music, not the producer, unless Radiohead assigns that interest. Are they suing for the composition, or the production?
I think they got fucked over by EMI early on, so I think EMI has the interest in contract. So this is just industry bullshit all over again.
Radiohead have had legal issues with EMI for a LOOOONG time now, like they released a best of Radiohead album and some b-sides without permission.

A Wolf At the Door and I Want You (She’s so Heavy) but Inthink that was on purpose.

Also as a bonus, the first part of Paranoid Android and Knives Out have the same chords.

Radiohead were never britpop and Oasis were popular in America.

wow nick drake was definitely the only person to use a chromatic progression

yeah you're right its just a coincidence, lol

Did anyone get Kinetic / Miles Runs the Voodoo Down?

hahah sure thing thom

>Oasis
>the derivative nostalgia act
write a song as good as Live Forever, faggot

I probably have

let's hear it then

I don't thin anyone ITT knows what actual plagiarism is

I'm joking

but oasis are fucking trash and ruined english rock music

karma police is a PLAGIARISATION of sexy sadie by the beatles. I'm posting a cover version by paul weller because all the beatles music was removed from youtube for copyright.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-Xypc6JtWE
youtube.com/watch?v=1uYWYWPc9HU

>karma police is a PLAGIARISATION
Not really.

Kama Police is Am D/F# Em G Am F Em G Am G D C C/B Am Bm D

Sexy Sadie is G F# Bm C D G F#

>(You)

That's nothing. There's an entire book called "The Beatles: Extraordinary Plagiarists" based on an actual quote from Paul McCartney.

>i steal chords all the time
You can't steal chords. They're chords.

karma police also uses C | D | G | F# at 1:18 dipshit

youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6gC-xe0K8

youtube.com/watch?v=nMSIp5hlL00

Yet another blatant example of Sup Forums being completely illiterate when it comes to composing/playing music. Although Drake used weird tunings the chords themselves aren't in anyway that peculiar. I'm sure i could find a bunch of songs using those chords if i could just be arsed to do so.

>these threads are going to be here for months to come even after this bullshit's settled

This might be a good time to take a break from Sup Forums

youtu.be/xo8OFQvGWVQ

high & dry

Wot's ... Uh The Deal by Pink Floyd is actually one example of the same chromatically descending chord progression though it sounds nothing like Parasite.

$5 OP is the Ariel Pink poster

I'm listening to the melody and lyric during that part, and I hear no similarity

care to elaborate?

intellectual property was a mistake

The Hollies are underrated af desu

t. never created anything of value

well their entire discography is ripped off from can

What Can song sounds like Fake Plastic Trees?

>being this retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=-LlfGrP4n6E

youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ

How so?

youtube.com/watch?v=WeH-vLMfYYw

youtube.com/watch?v=dvBPCm25z4I

dont forget karma police taking from sexy sadie

youtube.com/watch?v=49PvnYCKZkM

they owe almost their entire career to this track alone

See

are you by any chance a commie wannabe

>lol can, faust, neu the list goes on, im finally above those casual radiohead fans!!
ur cringy af dude

It's literally just a chromatic descent you pleb that's not uncommon at all

relax, guy

by making retarded posts

>""""""""""""commie wannabee""""""""""""

(you)

nice retarded post faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=2NQ8woXu07c

youtube.com/watch?v=RhHkUg-QCwk

What was retarded about my post, specifically?

'ALLO TOSH
GOT A TOSHIBA?

It was posted by a retard.

>people still talking about chord progressions
they're suing over the melody you dumb fucks

the I-III-IV-iv or whatever has been used in about fifty million songs, but when you add a copycat melody on top of it then your ass gets sued

the only parts of the melody that are actually similar are a few notes on the III and iv, which is almost inevitable since both of those chords don't come from the key.

Oh, you posted it?

You mean write a song with a G D Em C D progression? Fuck, that sounds hard.

I’m on my phone so I’m too lazy to grab the link, but Radiohead made a statement today saying that everything in Lana’s tweet (the suit, the demand for 100%) were literally untrue. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

>band writes, performs and records song
>record label subsequently owns it forever
we chose the wrong future

Wow, you Lana Del Rey fans are mad as fuck.

Someone post that french song reckoner copied please

yahoo.com/news/radiohead-publisher-denies-lana-del-180003723.html

And also make it a top 10 hit

youtube.com/watch?v=v6dNTmfZp0U

youtube.com/watch?v=ze2eNpOE8sU

NIck Drake and one guitar FTW

I didn't expect Sup Forums to be filled with to Lana Del Rey fanboys but I really shouldn't be surprised

my dude its an exact copy every single lead note, chord and bass note is the same. you can literally sing the lyrics to parasite over the first part and it works perfectly. the song is an exact replica, this isnt debatable. the only difference between the two is nick drake finger plucked his version and nicks bpm is higher

you'd have to be the biggest thom dick rider in human history to deny this song is a straight up rip, he didnt even change the rhytm or any of the bass notes or leads. all he did is slow down the exact and strum it instead of pluck, its the exact same song, note for note

vocaroo.com/i/s1ce0yww4qgo

Lol

you cant own chords you fucking retard

you can only copyright melody and lyrics, and the section "this is what you get" totally jacks the piano melody from sexy sadie

thom in damage control. if he hadnt of got called out on it the court proceedings would have went through and he would have took his cut. hes just saying this because he doesnt wanna be seen as a jew

What does he have to gain from it? A bit of money off a non major track? He's got more than enough money from AMSP and the tour last year. On the other hand the controversy from this has put Lana in the spotlight and gotten a lot of people supporting her and her new album.

I hope thom yorke commit suicide soon

a jew like thom isnt living in the same realm as you and i

hes thinking numbers, his whole life is just one big equation. even when he got called out for being a jew he was still thinking numbers. "this ruins my reputation and will cut approximately 3% off my next albums sales"

everything is just numbers and profits for a man like thom

>Muh Jews
Isn't it past your bedtime?

>muh thom

when are you gonna remove the mans juices from your mouth and realize you got conned by a scam arist

is it not true though. if lana del rat never tweeted about it, the court papers would have gone through thom would have collected his cut and he would have loved every second of it

EMI are suing. Doubt Thom even cares

didn't they buy the rights to the music from EMI a few years ago?

Various songs share that Because chord progression. Just off my mind:

>The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>King Crimson - Fallen Angel
>Radiohead - A Wolf at the Door
>Coldplay - Twisted Logic