Can we stop pretending that any ball "sport" other than rugby, handball, football, field hockey...

Can we stop pretending that any ball "sport" other than rugby, handball, football, field hockey, volleyball and tennis is a real sport, and not just ridiculous wankery?

Baseball looks pretty cool to me.

Baseball is not a "sport", it don't take any kind of athletism to wing a bat and run 10 meters, and then sitting in a bench for an hour waiting for your turn again.

>he doesn't rate polo

If women can play it it's not a sport.

Table tennis dude

name one (1) sport women cant play

crabcock

What about it?

All of them

This is what, the fifteenth thread you made to bash American sports? Go suck Muhammed's cock you frog-eating surrendering fuck.

>American "sports"

Literally who gives a shit, nice butthurt you got going on though fatty.

You do since you keep making threads about it faggot.

I've never mentioned your cringy autistic little private "sports" in my life.

Handball is a shit sport. No athleticism required.

>puts rugby first
I like the cut of yer jib Frenchie.

Evaluating the "realness" of the sport. The closer said sport gets to 100 (a sport that ranks 100 is obvious a perfect sport), the realer it is.

Subjective aesthetic elements won't be considered.

Ties. What's the purpose of sports and competition? To determine a victor. Draws are affront to the spirit of competition.

- 5 points for every 10% a sport ends up in a tie. (ex. Soccer ends in a tie about 30% of the time, therefore is penalized 15 points).

Tie breaker. A well designed tie breaker should remain EXACTLY the same as the core game. A perfect tie breaker is simply the continuation of the core game. If it doesn't, -5 points (ex. NCAA football's tie breaker varies differently from the core game),

Does your opponent have the option of directly influencing your performance (i.e pitching in baseball, defense in basketball, etc). If not, -5 points.

Are results determined by subjective judgment? If so, -10 points. (ex, as sporting as boxing is, decisions are its biggest flaw).

Is drawing fouls a legitimate "tactic?" (i.e. flopping for calls in basketball and soccer). If so, - 5 points.

Superstar-centricity. A perfect team sport would be star agnostic, meaning every player of the team is just as important as another. This sport doesn't exist, but some sports are less superstar driven than others (ex. baseball, the best player gets about the same amount of at bats as the worst hitter in the lineup, while in basketball, the star player will take about 30% of the team's offensive attempts and be the focal point of the offense every possession). -2 points if the sport is more dependent on stars than overall roster building (basketball is probably the biggest offender).

Clock based. -5 points if the sport is clock based. Clock based sports often give way to gimmicky tactics toward the end of games or halves (i.e. kneeling down in football, playing keep away in soccer, stalling in hockey, intentionally fouling in basketball).

>rugby, handball, *soccer, field hockey, volleyball and tennis
If you play or watch any of those, you're a fucking queer.

That's all really subjective and taken out of your arsehole, but still I'm curious about the rating. Go on.

>says the "man" that enjoys seeing 20 black guys grabbing each other for 3 hours

>That's all really subjective

Not all. Ties are shit and "unsporting." Purpose of competition is to decide a winner and loser.

Sports based on judges (figure skating, gymnastics, etc) are against the spirit of competition. A competition should reward the competitors through achievements of in-game goals.

Officiating influence. A good sport should be free as much as possible from bad calls affecting the outcome.

Off the top of my head, I would say baseball, cricket, volleyball, and tennis are the best designed major sports. They don't have a clock. Officiating influence is non-existent to minimal. Ties are non-existent to rare (although I do need a cricket fan to explain the difference between a tie and a draw).

Thats exactly why I said that this is all subjective. You say that baseball, cricket are the best designed major sports, but alot of people think that they are boring.
I agree that their rules creat an atmosphere where the only thing that influence in the victory is a truly superiority, but that doesn't make the sports anymore interesting.

>but alot of people think that they are boring.

Boring is an aesthetic judgement. A lot of people find those sports fascinating and interesting.

As you just conceded, a good sport should be reward superiority as purely as possible.

Keep in mind I'm not necessarily a fan of all the sports I mentioned. I'm a big basketball fan, but it's flawed (i.e. flopping for calls, inconsistent reffing for stars vs. regular players, terrible end game dynamic with all the intentional fouls).

fpbp
Argies are truly our greatest allies

>His version of hockey doesn't have qts in short skirts.
Why even bother?

We do. They clean the ice in-between whistles.

Futsal is cool tho.
Really enjoy it.

GODLIKE sport
- football (the real one that everybody plays, not the fake one with an egg)

Patrician-tier sports list
- handball
- rugby
- basketball
- women's volleyball
- hockeys
- cricket

Simpleton-tier sports list
- handegg (simplistic rugby designed to sell commercials)
- tennis

Hobby-tier list
- baseball (sorry it isn't a sport, you need to sweat at least a little to qualify as a sport)
- darts
- golf
- poker
- e-"sports"

Handball is literally indoor rugby, futsal on steroids
You can't succeed in it if you are less than a 185 cm tall ripped muscular fucker

>implying dodgeball is ot the manliest of all sports

Kill yourself sportlet.