Why does Sup Forums support Spirit when they sued Led Zeppelin but not Radiohead when they sue Lana Del Rey?

Why does Sup Forums support Spirit when they sued Led Zeppelin but not Radiohead when they sue Lana Del Rey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBiHM_RlD_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spirit and Lana Del Rey both suck and are losers that never made any good or noteworthy music. Zeppelin and Radiohead are both legends that made some of the most popular and acclaimed music of all time.

Sup Forums is full of losers that never made any good or noteworthy music so we tend to sympathize with others of our ilk.

Why is he making that face?

i'm thinking the pic was originally "nevermind" but i'm not sure...perhaps a blur record?

youtube.com/watch?v=XBiHM_RlD_w

It's just A Moon Shaped Pool, and he's not making any face. It's just an unfortunate frame.

Because one's a white male.

Everyone is surpassing that creep sounds like the hollies - air that i breathe and that radioheap got sued for that as well. Yin yang circle of life

Maybe his butt hurts.

Radiohead are approaching Gene Simmons levels of greed and hand rubbing

Except Radiohead admitted that to them. The hollies get partial royalties already.

see Fuck off, all she has to do is admit it and perhaps she can strike a deal.

anyway, unless they're a soyboy or a roastie, anyone that thinks lana del ray is music should be shot in the head and thrown in a ditch

Oy vey, you've got to haggle or they dont respect you!

you wanna try again?

Oh fuck off, Radiohead did it for the hollies? Why can't she?
Because she's a greedy bitch that won't admit it.

The Spirit thing in itself was a stretch considering that was also a case of a common progression, but Led Zep were already infamous for certain types of pilfering and had been taken to task for it before

A more appropriate comparison would be if it was Killing Joke was suing Nirvana for 'Come As You Are' (they considered it) I would feel the same way considering 'Eighties' is itself a blatant ripoff of one of The Damned's songs

Nobody should have to play these greedy faggot millionaire legal games over dumbass shit like chord progression, this is literally anti-music autism that only gets defended by institutionalized bootlicking children that hate net neutrality just to be contrarian.

>Why can't she?
She's offered 40%, and Radiohead are demanding 100%

exactly this. Soon music industry will be like tech industry where you have $10.000.000.000 lawsuits over rounded edges for app icons

radiohead are disgusting

>this is literally anti-music autism
No it's thom attacking Lana for being a shit artist.

>She's offered 40%,
Did she, she hasn't named who is suing her btw, other than broadly "Radiohead".
I bet it's the fucking industry again. But she wants to use this to attack Radiohead.

I hope he sues for slander if that's the case then.

I bet you do, Shylock

because creep was stolen itself. they can't possibly have a legitimate claim over something that isn't even theirs in the first place.

Spirit are way better than Zeppelin though.

She said it so it must be true.

The only thing that's proof of is her own guilt in stealing the melody that radiohead (or whoever owns pablo honey's rights, EMI?) bought the rights to.

I'm amazed how little people know about copyright law

How can one check the status of who owns what easily these days?

I'd wager that the rights to the melody radiohead were sued over were later purchased by whoever owned the rights to "creep". George Harrison did the same things after he was sued over "My Sweet Lord"

>How can one check the status of who owns what easily these days?
That's an easy find.
pic related

>I'd wager that the rights to the melody radiohead were sued over were later purchased by whoever owned the rights to "creep"
Misdirection

No fucking way. Spirit is dated and pretentious.

>Spirit is dated and pretentious.
So is LZ but you ain't complaining

>squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg
>pretentious

>being this retarded

Exactly how was Zeppelin pretentious? They weren't trying to be artsy or smart. Half of their songs, probably more than half, are just about sex.

imagine being this deluded

>dat damage control

Led Zeppelin are just boring rock music. nothing new or particularly amazing

>8 minute long songs about nothing
>not pretentious

How the fuck is that pretentious?

lol we already settled that you don't know what that word means, no need to keep proving it.

>boring rock music. nothing new or particularly amazing
That doesn't answer my question and get your head out of your ass. Nothing new? So you only listen to music that impresses you? That's retarded. There is other reasons to listen and enjoy music. It isn't always being new or particularly amazing. I listen to a lot of doo-wop because I like the atmosphere and it makes me happy. But musically? Doo-wop is REALLY simple. You learn one song, you learned them all. That doesn't mean it's inherently bad. I still enjoy it because you force whether you enjoy something or not.

I don't think you understand what pretensions means
How am I wrong?

>because you force whether you enjoy something or not.
I meant to put "can't" in there.

You don't know what pretension means. That weren't trying to be something they weren't. No one listens to Zeppelin for the lyrics or meaning. It's about the music itself. Which is fine, because there is a lot of music out there that has little meaning but is still enjoyable. Take "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys because Sup Forums loves the Beach Boys so much. The lyrics are a simple love song. Nothing too complex about it. However, the music itself and even the singing alone is amazing.

This Radiohead/Lana Del Rey thing is literally just millionaires fighting over who stole the song first. Spirit never made it as big as Led Zeppelin, so it feels more unfair.

Now do "the air that i breathe", and not just the hollies cover

Also, according to that the band radiohead only owns 50% of the rights to creep. Warner and EMI own 25% each and are far more likely to have initiated any suit.

So you support Spirit because they aren't as big as Zeppelin. Also if you think Zeppelin stole that song you're a fucking retard. Spirit was using a very old melody as was Zeppelin. Neither of them owned. With that logic, everyone who plays the Blues is ripping off someone.

What's that one c word Sup Forums can't stand but describes them perfectly?
I'll give you a hint it rhymes with "barbarian"

Why arent opinions consistent among posts on an anonymous image board?
I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "got a jive hind"

You're not wrong either

>You don't know what pretension means.
Then how am I wrong?
>That weren't trying to be something they weren't
An 8 minute song about nonsense using a fucking violin bow on a guitar but pretending it's meaningful is literally the definition of pretentious
>The lyrics are a simple love song. Nothing too complex about it
Wrong. You are confirmed to be clueless about music

>Now do "the air that i breathe", and not just the hollies cover
Why? Can an do it yourself
>Also, according to that the band radiohead only owns 50% of the rights to creep. Warner and EMI own 25% each and are far more likely to have initiated any suit.
OK?

he actually seems like a nice dude.

I don't support Spirit, I don't give a shit. I'm just explaining this basic idea to you.

This, and also Radiohead is denying the 100% BS so she is probably fibbing about that.