What's the point of NBA's 1 year in college rule? Did the people running NBA ever go to college?

What's the point of NBA's 1 year in college rule? Did the people running NBA ever go to college?

What's the point of microwaving water?

Because without it college basketball would be fucked, and Jews still want to make money off of the tourney.

Also what school had a ball for each person in a layup drill? You just have a guy under the rim throw the ball back.

There really is no point anymore, and Silver is talking about scrapping that rule and replacing it with the D-League or another league like it.

Do you think Japan knows anything about basketball? The average male height over there is 5'6" and the only sports they care about are baseball and soccer.

I thought it was to have the athlete compete against other high tier players to make sure they won't get completely blown out in the NBA

this

I wish Silver cam outjew the NCAA so amateur apehoop can die.

Do you want those negros out of your college, user?

Pretty much this

yes

They should have rules like baseball. You can be drafted out of high school, but if you decide to go to college you need to stay at least three years. This would improve the quality of play in college and still allow the elite players to get into the NBA at a young age.

when the rule didn't exist, too many kids began declaring for the draft that wouldn't make it without some college seasoning. That and the D-League didn't exist at that point. Now its a moot point and they will probably get rid of the rule.

It makes careers longer for current NBA players. The younger player come into the league, the more it gets crowded and the more players get laid off rosters.

Plus, in college, players get to meet pro coaches and pro networks, thus avoiding teens coming into the NBA with hoodlums as agents.

>Plus, in college, players get to meet pro coaches and pro networks
Newsflash, kids as young as 13 meet pro coaches and pro networks.

Most of the prospects know whether they can handle NBA competition. The one's that can't handle it don't go one-and-done.
Some know they can't handle it but would rather get btfo for millions of dollars instead of dominating for free

College wouldnt exist as they do today without sports. if the best athletes didnt go to college and play, there would be a lot less money for them to make. also why they dont pay the football players, because once they got a taste of that they would wonder why the fuck theyre wasting away here when they can just go pro

What poor ass school did you go to that didnt have those metal racks on wheels with a dozen shitty basketballs?

Teams were increasingly drafting younger players, which concerned the NBA execs as younger players meant greater risks to teams, and they wanted to get NBA team scouts out of high schools. There's also an informal agreement for the NCAA to be a feeder into the NBA.

It's a bit messy and I don't like the NCAA at all (it's self-evidently massively exploitative), but at least it isn't 3/4 years.

My guess is that in the coming years, they will make it a 2-year rule, increase G-League salaries and turn it into more of a youth league.

I think the only reason college football gets away with the three year rule is because of how much growth it takes to make it to the NFL. Most 18 year olds would end up on stretchers if they went from High School to the NFL. In basketball, if you're 6'6 and can shoot, you're 6'6 and can shoot. In football even if you're 250 lbs of pure muscle, you're still probably not strong or fast enough to last 3 games in the NFL. It takes years of strength, conditioning, and overall athletic training to play pro football.

College sports bleed money, especially big name football programs.

NBA>Euroleague>Champions League>Spanish League>Turkish League>US College league

What's the point of watching anime if your waifu isn't ever going to be real

I'm married to my wife IRL.

What the fuck is the difference between Euroleague and Champions league anyway, and also why aren't Spain and Turkey in the Euroleague?

NBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>March Madness>>>International play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else

>What the fuck is the difference between Euroleague and Champions league
Euroleague is like the euro NBA only selected teams play there. Champions league is where all others come into play (France, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Porugal...)
>why aren't Spain and Turkey in the Euroleague
they are (Barca, Real, Baskonia, and some 5 turkish teams)

do you understand what low percentage of college basketball players ever play even professionally? the "ball your way out of the hood" concept is legit, you can be an adequate basketball player that isn't a complete thug, get a free ride to a school, then get a comfy job selling used cars or some shit through alumni with your african history degree. or coach high schoolbasketball, be a personaltrainer, etc.

I wish this meme that college basketball is good would die. Give me any low ranking team in Europe's top 5 leagues and they would humilate the best team in NCAA , 20 points +.

>professional team full of grownass men who's been playing pro ball since 16 years old would humiliate a team of 19 year olds who are not allowed to practice more than 10 hours a week

Yet people still believe that NCAA is a good comeptition.....
I wonder tho where lies the bigger difference. NBA>EL or EL > NCAA

No one thinks NCAA is actually good basketball. People watch the tourney because it's one-and-done and a lot of unknown teams add an element of uncertainty.

This

It's basically a great example that sometimes compromise leads to the shittiest solution