>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA
>WA WA WA

Too soon.

Comfy Kino.

>mom, look i'm watching asian movies!

korean thrillers treated as high art is THE pretentious-pleb choice

>"Don Corleone..."

youtube.com/watch?v=lYbYoaBrXpU

I felt like the last two episodes was rushed but that's just me.

I'll agree with that.

10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=E1d5VvCa8Fo
>inb4 edgyfag
Fuck off this movie is goat
Love this movie.

This movie got me into Pixies.

link related 10/10 as well

youtube.com/watch?v=D57qBtqfbbQ

This. Also.

Strangelove has the best ending.

the GOAT.

>mournful variation of theme plays

They should've gone the Anno route and made a full length film instead of trying to cram

>"So. Again we are defeated. The farmers have won. Not us."

La Dolce Vita
youtube.com/watch?v=uU2xhRYeJa8
An absolutely sublime ending, but you have to see the rest of the movie to really 'get' it. Basically speaks, on a realistic and symbolic level, of man's deafness to any real kind of meaning, but is ambiguous enough that it implies some hope for redemption.

I think about the entire "party" sequence all the time. It reminds me of so many people I know.

>family guy deliberately spoiled this for me

Just another reason to hate that show

Was the endeing supossed to be all like "lol the killer might be watching this, we onto you fucker"

youtube.com/watch?v=pJH8hO7VlWE

This. The Mist's ending is absolutely heartbraking

10/10 for Batshit Japshit

youtube.com/watch?v=rxNdJ7aC6Is

i love pixies so much. i'm not in the mood to listen to them as much as when i was younger but every time i do i think 'wow these guys are every bit as good as i remember'.

WHAT THE SHIT

can someone give me an explanation on this one. I thought that movie was about a doppleganger

Barry Lyndon
Lawrence of Arabia

It's just symbolism. The movie is about commitment and being oppressed in a relationship. There's not actual spider. IN a few scenes you see a backdrop of the city with a giant spider like alien but no one acts aware of it.

>can someone give me an explanation on this one-

no.

or, i guess: "surrealism"

Yeah, they're definitely the most influential alternative rock band.

Which one? There are like 3 parties that all remind me of different groups of people I know. It's a masterpiece in that way, its message is still relevant in the 21st century.

Depends if you want to interpret it literally or metaphorically.

how about you guys stop beating around the bush and just tell me both

Inb4
>reddit
>pleb

Do both big guy

i really liked this movie, my favorite of 2015

The one towards the end. It's devoid of anything remotely resembling fun, the people there are just going through the motions. Their aimless and amoral lives were destined to end there and by then it was too late for Macello too.

I fucking hate you.

takes one to know one in this part of the neighbourhood

Metaphorically:

>its about relationships, and about "becoming a different person" when living with a partner.

This guy sums it up.The literal interpretation is of a "spider invasion" (possibly alien) to earth, without humans noticing it. It starts with the tarantular at the beginning, goes on with huge spiders looming over the city and then culminating in his gf turning into a spider.

Go ahead and guess which version is retarded.

>Barry Lyndon
Watched this just the other day, it was amazing. I've seen plenty of Kubrick films before and he has a weird way of depicting very emotionally charged and dramatic scenes but keeping the audience totally distanced, and he pulled this off again brilliantly in this film.

He seems to want to give the audience an outsider's view of humanity in order to convey something about our inherently violent/destructive nature.

>enemy.gif

>it was too late for Macello too
I agree with everything you said but this, I think while it's clear by the end Marcello's fucked things up by the end, something about the ambiguity of the ending and the angelic presence of the girl hints that he has the potential to find aim and purpose in his life again.

Maybe. Like you, I interpreted the girl to be a possible way out of that life. But when he sees the girl he throws up his hands and walks away with the aimless crowd.

I think the mere fact that he alone out of the group sees the girl is a hopeful sign.

Alongside that, Marcello is one of the only characters of the bourgeois society seen in the movie who seems to be dissatisfied with it and seeking something else - he seems apart from the blind masses.

Then again, within the framework of the movie it is fairly clear that he fails to find his way, even when given the possibility of redemption through living an authentic, literary lifestyle. All possibility of his eventual finding his way is just speculation, I guess.

I think the message Fellini wanted the audience to take away is that, even if Marcello has failed to find it, there is an authentic way of life for all of us, and we must beware of getting sucked into the empty, vain lifestyle of much of modern society.

no one is doing that and you're a huge faggot

A Most Wanted Man

absotively agree, good taste lads

I'll add The Graduate and The Bridge on the River Kwai

The Horror

>b-but it's postmodern man!!

memes aside I really enjoyed Oldboy and while it's not REAL high art it's still a class above any other thriller

The Thing

that fucking water buffalo killing scene.

Obviously the version where it's *not* an alien-spider invasion is the retarded one, because that sounds awesome.

Fuck man, the way the buffalo stumbles and the look on it's face.

Without a doubt the best ending to any movie ever

I still have not seen Memories of Murder
Is it actually good or is it pseud memery

Actually good, watch this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4seDVfgwOg

>picks gookery for ensemble staging
>not even Kurosawa
>not Altman

youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8

it's very good

very understated sense of humor to it

and it really captures a sense of [to me] charming provincial incompetence

>still hasn't done a video on Altman, Tarkovsky, Coppola or Malick

I dunno he hasn't done any videos lately.

>I'll never get a Wong Kar Wai video

This.

He's a pretty cool guy.

fuck yeah, although, I prefer the opening scene personally, but ending is still 10/10

the spider is the punchline to a joke that the movie has been setting up.

at first you think Enemy is about a doppelgänger.
then you think it's about a stressed-out guy with split personally disorder.
but it turns out that in the end he's actually just a high-functioning schizophrenic.

I like how he analyses what makes pleb movies mediocre though, none of the other youtube cinephiles seem to be willing to go there.

this one, although only the ending of part/story 1 technically

youtube.com/watch?v=jjtd6yd8Bxk

youtube.com/watch?v=uAUruRr7Xpw

One of the only movie endings that made me tear up.

has anyone here seen Hyena? solid movie overall but the ending was ballsy as hell, I loved it

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE