en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegalese_Tirailleurs#cite_ref-12
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BUMP
EVEN THOUGH IT DOES'NT MATTER

HOLY SHIT! Bane is in the prologue

POETRY

Nioce,

So what's the storyline here? I'm usually hyped but I'm unsure of what type of movie this will be

Needs more Harry Styles.
IM SHOOK.

You realize nobody here watches any movies or television right?

It's another Nolan pleb trap senpai

Crashing the plane was part of his plan

Tom hardy literally crashed a plane

At this point do you think it's out of the realm of possibility that Nolan knows about baneposting and is giving Sup Forums and the internet a subtle wink here?

BRAVO NOLAN

Seeing as how hardy and gillen there's a chance, but Nolan doesn't have social media

*know

But he has 4 kids right?

Maybe they found out about it and told him after he asked why they kept saying 'for you' every time he told them to 'go to bed, it's late.'

DAMN THE BATTLEFIELD 1 EXPANSION PACK LOOKS AMAZING

>no shoehorned niggers
thank you based Nolan

that's a big chair

was running out of fuel part of your plan?

>4 kids
>4 chan
>4 you

Dubs confirm.

Nolan knows...

I like Christopher Nolan, but why does he have such a hard on for movies that are about racing against time?

looks fucking epic

>the french have black soldiers

?

It it already dead? nothing plays...

Now that's a boipucci i wanna fill

Their colonial troops come from Africa.

It's real slow. Just wait. Also you need to click on it to start it playing.

Fuck
Yo
Couch
Nigga

>no shoehorned niggers

Pretty quality for a camera tbqhwy

>Thanks for the assist
>Of coursh

BRAVO NOLAN

It was my browser being a bitch. Got to see it. Looks fucking great.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegalese_Tirailleurs#cite_ref-12

>During the Battle of France the Senegalese and other African tirailleur units served with distinction at Gien, Bourges and Buzancais. German troops indoctrinated with Nazi racial doctrines expressed outrage at having to fight against "inferior" opponents and at Montluzin Senegalese prisoners were executed

Gas yourself, faggot.

Yes, both FFL and colonial draftees.

For you

>post tfw Nolan wins Best Director for this film and while accepting the award says 'this is a big award...'

Nice.

Bane took down that fighter, with no survivors.

I am fully expecting that when I leave the movies I will overhear people saying that the whole little boats of dunkirk is unrealistic, as people do not know history anymore.

Looks great. Where the fuck did this come from.

One complaint. Get ready.

>Random black soldiers.

No.

You know France used to own parts of Africa, right?

No no, I'm in agreement with you here, I just thought it was funny that was incapable of seeing a black man in the middle of a shot

> I AM A HISTORY EXPORT AND I KNOW NIGGERS DID NOT EXIST IN IMPORTANT JOBS IN A MOVIE ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE

No one cares what your mom taught you in homeschool

I feel pretty stupid now then.

>Blacks didn't exist before 1975

black soldiers served in pretty much every european war since the napoleonic era

The French.

Aren't they the British?

Or were both lots on the beach at Dunkirk?

shut the fuck up you dumb nigger

the foreign legion.

Right.

What's that got to do with Britain?

Did they just round up some random French soldiers to take home with them?

Interesting.

Sup Forums posters once again showing their intricate and nuanced knowledge of history

Dunkerque is in France m8

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK

we did it reddit!

nolan edited the scene from the trailer so faggot boy doesnt smile and give the "hi mom" face

> he's on me
> i'm on him

HA HA

triggered

Both the UK (though Jamaica and African possessions) and France though the French foreign legion and African possessions had mobilized black troops in WW2. the UK did not have segregated units, FFL was not segregated, but they also had colonial units that where, there was 5-6 divisions of African troops in france at the start of WW2, mostly in southern France.

is it bad that I was checking for this

French soldiers covered the retreat and were also evacuated.

Right.

But I didn't know they evacuated the French too.

I would have been just as surprised to see them loading the Eiffel Tower on to a boat too.

>Or were both lots on the beach at Dunkirk?
About 1/3 of the troops evaced where french.

It tells the story of Britain's greatest retreat in WWII

If you see these helmets, they're probably French.

>I would have been just as surprised to see them loading the Eiffel Tower on to a boat too.
and entirely done with practical effects

Well then don't be shocked that people who actually studied a basic course in WW2 history would know that the french fought hard to allow the evacuation to happen, and about 1/3 of those evacuated where french. (about 30,000 to 40,000 french troops where left behind.)

If you see these helmets, they're probably Sup Forums

Huh?

>Shocked

That's why I asked the question.

Calm your tits.

In 1940, the germans blitzed the low countries, and about 400,000 troops (Mostly british and french) where stuck in a isolated pocket around Dunkirk.

The british decided to retreat across the canal, and even in emergencies had 100's of small pleasure craft, yacts, fishing boats sail across the canal to load troops, and over 300,000 of them where evacuated. This meant that the UK could stay in the war, as if they had lost those 400,000 troops they would have surrendered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk

>clock tick sound effect the whole time

God, Nolan is such a hack

>where
>where
WERE, FAGGOT

That's called kino, kiddo.

The french literally held the line harder than anyone. I think a battalion was reduced to a company at one point and when all the brits were saved, like 20k french were saved or something. Germans really fucked up

educate yourself

The Nazis were just too soft, really.

Shut up you fucking nerd.

>Cowardly running away from a fight and waiting for America to save you

What did the British mean by this?

Notes:

> Bane put on the mask and crashed a plane
> Ticking soundtrack from batman movies used again
> Nolan cut out that extra that screwed up at the end of this clip with the siren bomb dropping

They really were. There were rumours that when presented with the plan to halt the advance, Hitler accepted it eagerly and didn't want to destroy the British army. He said he respected them and that if Britain was destroyed, they would just lose everything overseas to the US and Japan

330k where rescued, 130k of those were French. However 30k were stuck behind and had to surrender.

Most of the French troops returns to France to only surrender later and join Vichy France.

>yesh!, the fire rises!

someone should add bane quotes whenever he says something, that would be nice

>Nolan cut out that extra that screwed up at the end of this clip with the siren bomb dropping

top kek

back in WW1 they had the Brits in almost the same boat and the Germans over extended and the Brits were able to break out. They thought they where trapped, as they never thought the UK would send 400 small boats to evacuate troops.

Oh, I meant when the French delayed the Germans by a further day, about 26k French were rescued

Why does he wear the mask?

Did he think the German pilot would not care who he was, until he put it on?

>shoehorned

There were plenty of blacks in the French Army of 1940, read a fucking book pleb.

Black soldier is wearing a French helmet and they're yelling in French.

Gotcha, yep, it lasted a day longer then anyone expected since the french fought so hard.

the very DEFINITION of kino

haha yeah I saw that too. And you bet Nolan probably wanted that shot to be one of those artistic long-shot whatevers to show the "emotion" and "horror" of war, but now its edited

Does Hans think he's going to get away with the whole score being a ticking clock. Then once the two minutes of action comes it'll be silence

>They thought they where trapped

Mate.

You need to learn the difference between 'where' and 'were'.

You are poisoning the thread with your misplaced 'where'. It's unbearable to read.

You come across as an utterly fucking stupid retard that probably suffers from dyslexia or something similar. If this is not the case, please remedy this immediately.

Stupidity is a choice. Stop being stupid, you spastic fantastic.

This is true, 17,000 Senegalese died defending France in 1940. about 60% of the first free french troops where African conscripts. They only got white after Normandy.

>spastic fantastic
Fantastic Spastic?
The ironing

Fuck off, English is my 3rd language. If I get were and where goofed up in my head, then fuck off.

france was a black country before hitler came and wiped them out in 1939.

stay woke nigga like open your third eye damn baka

I spy Jarvis

Do you think Nolan would use a "le ebin plot twist" like he did in all his movies

Following - Cobb escapes, The Narrator gets implicated in the murder
Memento - "Don't trust this man"
BB - Henry Ducard was the real Ra's Al Ghul
The Prestige - Actually 2 twists if you think about it, it was a body double, and the clone machine actually worked but killed them
TDK - Joker's plan was Harvey Dent too
Inception - Cobb actually did Inception before, also an "open" ending
TDKR - Talia was the leader not Bane
Interstellar - Cooper was the ghost all the time

>A movie about how the glorious French fought for their lives to save a bunch of Britcucks on a beach too scared to fight

Africans fought harder for France than actual Frenchmen lol

No real plot twist in "Insomnia."

Fair amount of truth to that. Foreign legion units and some of their colonial units really did better then mainline units at times.