Serious question

Why wasn't Vader furious with Palpatine?

Everything Sheev promised was bullshit, he lost everything and gained nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=1JhPIivx6lg

>POWER/VANITY
He wasn't powerful enough to beat his mentor, ended up disfigured monster-cyborg who can't "be" with Padme
>LOVE/PROTECTION
Padme dies, 90% of the reason for wanting to learn the sith ways is gone.

I would've tried to kill him straight away, even if it was suicide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dvSNVe-MMlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Answer: The prequels were an abortion of storytellng.

Anakin was better off joining the dark side for a consistent character trait he could maintain pre and post Vaderfication. But fuck that. We needed him to trip and fall into the dark side. Whoopsies!

>Why wasn't Vader furious with Palpatine?
shitty writing

I dunno

Maybe at that point he just figured he'd already lost everything important to him, couldn't go back after all the murdering, may as well stay the course with Sheev

I know they mentioned like defeating death entirely or something, maybe he wants to make a world where nobody has to go through the same pain he did? Of course you're never given that impression, ever.

He lost everything and all that was left for him was being palpatines bitch

He hates himself and knows he doesn't deserve the peace of death or freedom.
He's been a slave to his own doubt and self-loathing his entire life

>Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son! Come with me. It is the only way
Of course Vader wanted to destroy the emperor. Sup Forums's hatred for the prequels has blinded them.

because and prequels are terribly written and none of the character motivations make any sense

I like to think of it as the PT and OT are two separate universes.

Because he never actually cared that much about Padme. He wanted power, and he got it. Vader was evil.

people fucking forget that the emperor basically tells vader he killed padme after hes robotted that seals his fate to the dark side everything he did was to try and save her being told hes the one who killed her destroyed him

Well they did a horrible job of conveying that in the prequels.

Palpy saved his life

Also he wanted to overthrow him as per Sith tradition

this, he was just biding his time

You are right, it could've been solved if there had been a short scene (no fancy fencing) where he did try to kill him and was overpowered by sheev despite all his rage.

Vader just falling in line with Sidious right away afterwards makes no sense.

>Vader has a wife and some kids, is a family man
>helps his boss gain mad power
>accidentally kills his wife, no more family
>all Vader has left is his work, he finds solace in it
>doesn't change the fact that his boss is still a bit of a dick to him, mutual distrust, as evidenced in the Vader comics
>the first fucking chance he gets to talk to luke he's like "yo, fuck, let's kill this asshole and run shit"

He was, but he knew openly opposing him would be suicide.

Real talk why do so many theoryfags keep spouting the chosen one bullshit with Luke/Rey? It's obvious Anakin was the chosen one. The prophecy was about someone bringing balance to the force. At the time there were Jedi everywhere and very few Sith. Anakin brought upon the destruction of the Jedi thus balancing out the amount of Jedi and Sith

There was no prophecy. The prequels are not canon.

Those Star Wars comics still worth reading? I kind of boycotted Marvels after they made M.A.D.O.K literally Donald Trump. Now that Trumps in I assume the writers will stop using their IP as cheap propaganda or at least make it more subtle.

Disney really needs to learn that these far left zealots get off to alienating would be customers.

OP here I like the prequels. They have heart and great moments sprinkled across, all of them.

I didn't remember that line, thanks. Makes sense.

Sheev's story about the power over death was real. Sheev said they could discover this power together. So it wasn't supposed to be an immediate thing. Though I'm sure he harbored some doubts after a while, and we know he started to plan against Sheev later.

He didn't mind being number 2 because he didn't want to choke on his ambition.

He had to play the long con. He wanted to make sure Sidious died.

Luke and him would've rekt Sheev. But things didn't turn out that way so he did what he did instead.

You'd think with all the money the Empire had, and with all the advances in technology and medicine, they would've upgraded Vaders' suit to something more comfortable and high tech, and gave him some skin grafts or some shit so it'd start healing.

>Disney is censoring the prequels form existence meme.

>yfw you realize Plagueis created Anakin

Eh. They're readable.

Just the Vader comics or all of them? I'm fiending for more Star Wars related content after R1.

I'll give them a shot again but they just seem like boring filler episodes. The Vader stuff is the best though because it deals with his relationships and his psychi.

Literally budget cuts and sheev purposely made the suit shitty

>>POWER/VANITY
>He wasn't powerful enough to beat his mentor, ended up disfigured monster-cyborg who can't "be" with Padme

You just answered your own question...opposing Palpatine would have been suicide. He was just waiting for his chance to take power, remember how the first thing he says to Luke is "hey, let's kill the Emperor and rule the galaxy"?

Yeah, but burn wounds in real life are unbearable, if 3rd degree burns cover more than a certain % of your total skin, you literally die from pain without anesthesia

EU lore is that Sheev made it shitty on purpose to keep Vader in line and because he was angry at him for fucking up so badly.

"You ruined your chance to be the ultimate Sith? Fine, I'll make you so clunky and pathetic that a Jedi without about two months of training could beat the shit out of you."

Because it was the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction center that saved his life

That doesn't makes much sense
>Hey I want my bodyguard to be a clunky mess that can barely breath

Sidious being stronger than Vader is the oldest meme in Star Wars, that force lighting technique was something Vader could've easily overcome but due to plot didn't, even when Vader killed him in RoTJ he could've lifted Sheev with the force instead of actually picking him up physically...

The only reason Vader let Sheev stay alive was because he was the brains of the Empire and Vader was content with being the muscle.

>my bodyguard

Lol. Vader was the ratty right-had man. Just managing the business while sheev reaps the reward.

Having to restrain that impotent rage for 20 years or so plotting revenge, shiieet.

Yoda was right..
Fear -> Anger -> Hate -> Suffering

by the time he realized he had fucked up by joining Sheev it was already too late, his body was completely fucked and he wasn't strong enough with the force yet to beat palpatine

Bodyguard or not he was a vital part of the empire then, not giving him the latest technology seems dumb

>that force lighting technique was something Vader could've easily overcome but due to plot didn't

You're forgetting the fact its fucked him up every single time he came across it, and that his suit being fucked by electricity is almost insta death for him.

You tit.

Would they not be mostly healed in the 19 year timespan between ROTS and ANH? Also accounting for advanced medical technology and the force and shit

If I throw you into lava and then give you 20 years stuck in a suit for every day of those 20 years, how do you reckon you'll do?

Vader could've upgraded and got a new suit that could handle that attack, he could've killed Sheev in his sleep like Sheev did to Darth Plagueis, he could've force choked that old bastard etc

Sheev wasn't that powerful, fucking Windu had him beat in 5 minutes

>Sheev wasn't that powerful

Are you an idiot?

If I was Vader I would've tried to find Obi-Wan and Yoda for the sole reason of killing Sidious - then I'd let them kill me.

Modern day technology? Pretty poorly
SW technology with force ability thrown in? Markedly better

>I'm going to find two people who can fuck me up and kill me, or are now weaker than I am due to age
>To help me kill somebody stronger than both of us

>This is a good plan

>palpitations
>palpatine
>mitochondria
>midichlorians
B R A V O L U C A S

As someone said it makes sense for him not to get upgrades. Sidious basically had a killswitch on him.

Windu did beat Sheev, but Vader wasn't strong enough.

It was a designed as a punishment and to keep him in line

Look how easy it was to kill him, Sheev never beat anybody in a fight besides a fatigued Luke who wasnt going to fight him anyways because he his main objective was to turn Vader back to the light

>Windu did beat Sheev

Windu only won because sheev let him

Whats the fucking point of Stormtrooper armor?
>get knocked out through your helmet
>doesn't protect you from getting knocked against walls or falling down
>single blast from any laser cuts right through it
>makes you clunky and slow
>can't see shit through your helmet so you're always missing everything
>bright white so it stands out against literally every background
Did the Empire make them shit on purpose since they could just clone more?
Its been bugging me for 20+ fucking years.

I'm aware that Vader's setup is basically so he can't go against Sheev without getting curb stomped but it's shown he can survive in specific enviroments and so could at least get the massive burns sorted.

I mean bar a few nasty ass scars he's essentially a really pale egg looking dude in ROTJ, which makes one think that he's had some medical attention given to him beyond throwing him in a suit and leaving him to deal with it for 20 years

I often feel conflicted when even considering analyzing the prequels, because it gives them a legitimacy they don't deserve. That said, the way Lucas handled Anakin's "conversion" was the ultimate "fuck you" to fans of Vader because it committed the cardinal sin of making the character just plain fucking stupid.

It's bad enough that an intelligent person could see Palpatine's attempts to manipulate him (pre-conversion) from a mile away. But infinitely worse is that Anakin's perception of the Jedi-Palpatine conflict does a COMPLETE, inexplicable 180° turn after he slices off Windu's arm. Before that, he's all "I'd like to kill you" to Palp and flat-out says that he should stand trial. But mere seconds after Mace is thrust off to Deathland, he's all "yeah, I agree there was a Jedi plot and they all deserve to die without mercy". WTF??

It just makes him look like an easily-manipulated chump. An emo dupe with no critical thinking skills. When Palpie basically admits that he can't really bring people back from the dead, Anakin should've sliced his fucking head off right there and then. But nope, that's the moment he doubles-down and drinks the Kool-Aid with vigor. So fucking ridiculous.

Radiation protection, light irritant/smoke protection, heat/cold protection.

It's like asking why real soldiers still get hurt when they're wearing body armor.

This is classic sheev revisionism.He had already won Anakin over.
Windu was the best jedi fighter of all, even better than Yoda, this is canon. That's why Sheev lost.

Why aren't Trump voters furious with Trump?

They're suckers, that's why.

it's like the prequels are written by someone who doesn't understand human emotion

But it's established canon that Trump voters have the IQ of fermented milk. Vader, however, was supposed to be smart.

>He had already won Anakin over.

Look I don't like the prequels either, but you have to actually watch them to talk about them, friend.

Iirc, in the ROTS novelization when he uses the force to crush everything in the medical room it was an attempt to kill sheev

well, now he has the ultra cool darth vader armor, helmet, cape. I think it was a fair trade.

protip: Star Wars Lore and Plot is literally excrement made to sell toys to Little kids

I think I might've mentally blocked out the Prequels.
Did Sheev say he could bring people back from the dead, or just keep them from dying?
And does Vader believe he killed Padme? I mean, the last time he saw her he was choking her to death, right? Did she pass out?

>novel states sheev knew Anakin was coming
>implies sheev purposely left windy alive, while killing the other
>Mace was utterly shocked when sheev BTFO'D
Don't get me wrong, windy is badass. But sheev was just using him to win Anakin over

>does Vader believe he killed Padme?
He basically killed her, she lost her will to live because of his turn to the darkside and literally died from a broken heart

>Bill is Palpatine because he's old and sickly
>Hilary is Vader the chosen one who wasn't
>Trump is Luke the idiot who makes it
>Ivana is Leia because wincest
>Red Squadron: Republican field

>Vader the chosen one who wasn't

Vader was the chosen one you neet, he did everything the prophecy said the chosen would do

Blegh. I forgot how fucking dumb ROTS is. And to think I was tearing up when I saw it in '06.

>Did Sheev say he could bring people back from the dead, or just keep them from dying?

He says he can stop Padme from dying, then 2 minutes later when Anakin joins him he says if both of them work together they can stop death

And Anakin still didn't realize he was getting tricked and went along with it

Why can't people accept that Windu won?

because they're racist

>gets his ass kicked by obi-wan
>thinking he ever had a shot at the champ

Anakin was a coward who decided to bide his time until Sheev was weaker, which is what every single sith has always done to their master.

it's pretty obvious he was leaning towards the dark constantly, he just wanted an excuse to go through with it.
padme in his eyes justified his actions, because it's what he really wanted, to save padme and gain UNLIMITED POWAH. this is why he didn't defy sheev because he could give anakin both these things.

He did win, people think the emperor is some huge badass. Force vs force, yes Palpatine wins every time but saber vs saber, Windu 10/10.

>Siths are still alive in FA

I'm 100% certain Sheev was actively ruining Dooku's mojo in EP3 somehow.

>EP2: Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda can't beat him.
>EP3: Obi-Wan can't beat him, Anakin can now - somehow.

Dooku was too smart for Sheev's liking and they didn't see eye to eye on everything obviously.

>Lets himself get horrible disfigured just to win Anakin over when he could've supposedly offed Windu like a bitch at any time.

The novels aren't canon, the movie is canon, and as shitty as the movie is, it doesn't give us any reason to believe anything other than what was on the screen was happening at any given point.

Who would win in a duel Anakin or Windu?

When Vader's carrying Sidious to toss his wrinkly ass over the ledge, he's basically getting totally fried. Nothing in that suit should be operational. Vader gets where he needs to anyway. He was capable of shit way beyond Sidious, he just never really got around to it.

They aren't Sith, the word "Sith" wasn't even mentioned once in TFA, they're just vanilla villains with exception to Kylo

Windu. He had complete control of emotions like Yoda and he had his own secret fencing technique (vaapad) that was a grey area in terms of light/dark. Windu and Yoda are the top dogs of the jedi council for a reason.

is this just because disney wants to distance itself from the prequels and rehash the originals as much as possible?

It's my headcanon that Sheev has battle meditation as well as mass deception powers.

That's bullshit, Vader spends the whole OT being smug as fuck and sassing everyone as he kills them, he's having the time of his life being a Sith. His whole personality until the tail end of ROTJ is smug_anime_face.png. The guy is 100% committed to the lifestyle, and the good side of him is firmly dormant in the back of his psyche.

Vader comics have shit art but they really do Vader justice as a character, so they're worth it

he didn't want Vader to be able to overthrow him so he gimped him on purpose with a shitty suit

he's a hard worker doesn't mean he doesn't hate himself

Vader' suit reflects blaster fire.

It's still nearly shield level protection.

I would believe that if the Vader comics (which are canon and made for the sole purpose of gleaning insight into Vader's mind) hinted at an insufferably emo WOE IS ME personality, but it doesn't. It only comes up once in the whole series, and the rest of the time Vader is a hard motherfucker.

I'm sure he wasn't too fond of being tricked, but Anakin's life up to the point consisted of basically:

Born a slave
Space wizards come and take him away from his mom to train him to be a space wizard at age 9
Be a space wizard apprentice until 19, when he gets the hots for a girl, goes on an adventure, and gets his fucking arm cut off
Marries said girl after getting a shway new robot arm
Fight in a war for years and have the mantle of leadership thrust on to him
Near the end of the war, the Space Wizards Guild tells him to fuck off because he's not cool enough to be a grand poobah
Space Wizard Guild and Galactic Presidente come to blows because Galactic Presidente has been manipulating the war
Anakin sides with Galactic Presidente because the Space Wizards are about to straight up murder him
Galactic Presidente tells him to go full retard and murder children, which for some reason he does
Anakin proceeds to go get his now pregnant wife and bring her home
Pregnant wife sides with the Space Wizards, and Anakin Rege-tard chokes her
Anakin fights his old Space Wizard mentor
Loses the fight, along with the rest of his limbs
Galactic Presidente shows up to save him, gives him more robot limbs
Presidente tells him he rage-choked his wife to death
Anakin at this point has nothing left to do but move forward, doing the same thing he's been doing most of his adult life: being a commander of soldiers who also chops people up with his laser sword
Does this for the next few decades until it turns out his wife actually died giving birth and his son was whisked off to the boonies by the guy who nearly killed him
Anakin decides "Fuck Sheev" and proceeds to track his son down and say "Yo, let's take out the Galactic Presidente, because fuck that guy."
Son is a little shit about the whole thing

quick question, Sup Forums:

is this theme ever used in Rogue One itself, or is it exclusive trailer music?

youtube.com/watch?v=dvSNVe-MMlQ

>Dooku was too smart for Sheev's liking
No. Darth Tyranus was just too old, Anakin was young. The younger the Sith apprentice the longer the Sith master has being the master, plus it was common knowledge Anakin was the chosen one at that point and the MVP to which ever side he chose to go to

trailer music

>spends the Clone Wars and Episode III being an unwaveringly loyal, kind, father to his men
>accepts Sheev's offer to be a Sith
>INSTANTLY becomes the man who executes subordinates on the spot for making mistakes
this was the biggest fuckup of Anakin's characterization in the prequels

that's too bad, it's so much better than anything on the official soundtrack

the suit makes sense since it makes him tough enough for most work but technical which allows sheev to fry him with the lightning if needed.

the way he talked like he was grooming anakin as a successor, i guess after anakin failed against obi wan sheev deemed him not worthy punished him by putting him in the suit and kept him around to do the dirty work.