How do you listen to music, Sup Forums? I have an old but awesome rockboxed ipod 5g and a pair of Sony xba-2...

How do you listen to music, Sup Forums? I have an old but awesome rockboxed ipod 5g and a pair of Sony xba-2. I'm about to get a portable amp Fiio e6 to power everything up.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VXMY262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a 7th gen 160 g ipod classic coming in the mail tomorrow, the hard drive on my 5th gen 120 g got fucked by a magnet at work

I use my LG V20 (built-in DAC) with my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohms. My laptop (Lenovo y700) doesn't have a dac obviously, but the internal hardware is more than powerful enough to drive them. Also have a vintage onkyo turntable and receiver, and some large bose bookshelf speakers i got for free.

> headphone amp for earbuds
Nigga what

>got fucked by a magnet at work

So you gonna rockbox that? Also magnets... how do they work?

My current setup is a modi multibit > magni 3 > hifiman he400i. For speakers, it's the modi > emotiva a-100x > Polk audio monitor 10s. I have a pioneer sx-737 as well, that I'll probably use with a turntable (don't have one yet) and Polk audio monitor 7s.

>Doesn't have a dac
... Yes it does.

It's not a good one, then, or at least it isn't nearly as good as the one in my V20. Straight up sounds like a basic class D amp getting pumped straight into my headphones.

$10 at walmart
fight me

Thought those were the cheap panasonics that actually sound good, then i opened the pic and puked a little

portapros and an old gen 4 ipod touch with a cracked screen and non-functioning home button.

I won't fight you, those are pretty ok for the price.

There are many, many worse earbuds out there.

>Home
My PC, or a my kinda nigger-rigged hi-fi setup with a Sony bookshelf stereo and a Sony record player feeding in to that. I'm in a single-room apt, so space is limited for a better hi-fi.

>on the go
Gen1 30GB Zune. Literally the best MP3 player every made

beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm
Bowers & Wilkins 686S2

How long does the battery last on that?

ive had 3 pairs of these. 1 got destroyed by a vacuum cleaner, the others just stopped working. Also they never fit in my ears right

>skullcandy sound quality has been improving over the years
>build quality is still shit
>brand has a horrible image and reputation

They gotta re-brand.

I'm also wondering this

JVC HA-FXD70
Sansa Clip+
128gb micro SD

I listen on my laptop or my 4th generation iPod Touch and use Philips 9500s headphones. Very cozy.

been using bluetooth headphones lately. so comfy.

What does rockbox mean? I got covers and cases if that's it
And if you put a magnet up to something with a hard drive, it wipes it clean and makes it impossible to re-fill it again

rockbox is 3rd party firmware for ipods. lets you play flac

I use mainly iTunes, with a pair of Shure SRH840 studio referencing headphones. I use Spotify mainly for saving new music for later, occasionally when I'm out with friends discussing albums. I also have several iPods including a dead 160GB Classic :(

rockboxed?

Oh then no

What mp3 player should I get?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VXMY262

walkman nwz-a17 with a pair of shures

an iPod Classic should do great. or get a portable hi-res audio player with a DAC if you could afford one

fiio x3 DAP and senneheiser 598

best (((((budget))))) setup ever, fite me

No I meant what magnet at work killed your previous ipod? How did that happen?

Not that you even used the right but do you even know what the parenthesis means?

them*

>best
>only 30GB storage

can classics play lossless files? im thinking of getting one again.

you got what i meant, why still salty nig?

Audio Technica ATH- M50's

Best headphones I've ever bought seriously.

>Reasonably priced (around 100-150 USD)
>Lots of color choices/styles
>C O M F Y
>amazing noise cancellation
>Studio monitor quality

What's your excuse for not having the M50's Sup Forums?

yeah, if you rockbox it

No, I really didn't since it was nonsensical. Based on that I assume(d) you're some Redditnigger.

at max volume

i do have a pair and i used to use them all the time but these days i'd rather use earbuds when i go outside because it's just easier, and when i'm at home i'd rather not use headphones most of the time, so i almost never use them anymore

anyone got any suggestions for IEM's that are super durable, i literally manage to break every pair i get or they'll just stop working for no reason at all.