Is the metalcore/deathcore/x-core scene dead?

Is the metalcore/deathcore/x-core scene dead?

Hopefully

when myspace died it took metalcore with it

A necessary sacrifice

Apparently not because DARKEST HOUR is still a band. Deathcore is really dead though since all the old deathcore bands either disbanded or started playing Slipknot-core. Except Chelsea Grin their last album was completely self aware 2010 deathcore.

A lot of the big bands are still around. Killswitch Engage, Darkest Hour, Every Time I Die, Trivium, August Burns Red, they're all still together and have released albums in the last year or two, that Code Orange album from last year was nominated for a Grammy.

despised icon and thy art is murder are still going

the last thy art is murder album was pretty good.

Only descent bands there are though, new music acts in those genres are consistently awful, so i guess it's dying slowly, but not dead completely.

Not as long as there are pockets to put your hands in.

Yes they do prog metal now.

The Faceless have always been pretty proggy.

I want All Shall Perish back :(

Scenecore metalcore is legitimately fucking dead - the metallic hardcore sound has been killing it the past couple years

I really love the direction Every Time I Die has gone in, From Parts Unknown and Low Teens were absolutely stellar. I could go for a new one from Born of Osiris if they get out of their post-Discovery rut. Fleshgod Apocalypse is due for a solid comeback since Labyrinth had a lukewarm reception as well

who's the Varg of metalcore

fleshgod apocalypse isn't metalcore

not sure, most metalcore musicians are nu-males, tim lambesis if you just mean someone who went to jail

If bands like Arsonists Get All The Girls, Heavy Heavy Low Low, War From A Harlots Mouth, Sawtooth Grin, and Cutting Pink with Knives woulda stuck around scenecore would still be killing it. IWABO completely sold out their sound as well since Krysta had her baby and quit the band, they're dead to me.

The candles that burn the brightest go out the quickest, or however the quote goes. Though not at all scenecore, I'm looking forward to one more record from my kings HORSE the band (I'm one of the few weirdo diehards for that band)

is this a god tier metalcore albums thread?

Although rooted more in regular deathmetal sound with occasional symphonic leanings, you could easily argue Fleshgod has deathcore passages in their songs

It can be. There used to be a chart that floated around with Shai Hulud, Misery Index, Botch, etc. recommendations that could probably use a major update.

What album is that?

guess they've changed then, i only listened to their first album and a few other songs and stopped because their production is literally painful to listen to

I'm not even generally a fan of metalcore or august burns red but this album is really good and is the only album by them I enjoy

Hope so

im right there with you
they should have not been associated to that in the first place but they were definitely something else
i miss them too

As I Lay Dying might be getting back together. I doubt that'll do anything to revive metalcore

the bands that were once metalcore are changing genres... so yes

Is there as much cringeworthy fedora tipping as on the last album

Literally went to a sold out August Burns Red show a few days ago, so I guess not.

Motley Crue always sold out shows so does that indicate that hairmetal never died out?

are you me?

Nut