Should the British have kept India rather than let them be independent?

Should the British have kept India rather than let them be independent?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_India
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, anglos are subhumans

They've had no choice. Decolonisation after WWII was inevitable.

Clinging on by attempting to subdue Indian nationalism would've only led to costly war and prolong the agony of dying empire.

>tfw the entirety of india could have been like hong kong
bigger tragedy then the famine caused by the brits in india desu

the real tragedy is that poltards like you arent dieing in cancer

>Should the British have kept India
Had they had a choice?

wtf how am i Sup Forums
literally only clicked once or twice on that board in my laifu

Shouldn't you know better?

Can someone please just rangeban Eastern Europe

That would have cost the British way too much and would have financially ruined the UK even more than it was alreasy at the end of WWII. Furthermore, the Indians had been striving for independance for a while already and deals had been made during WWII, to not grant independance would have intstigated a rather bloody situation. So, yeah nah UK did right by letting the Raj go.

>financially
What about their moral debt? The moral debt of white man's burden of civilising the savages? Why leave without finishing the job?

I'm not biased against Britain. European colonialism as a whole was unsustainable. Paris lost Algeria, which was much less populous, de jure part of Metropolitan France, full of French settlers and just across the Mediterranean, in a bloody war.

Yes

Why don't you civilize yourself?

>morality
>after WWII
Yeah, nah they had a gutful at that point and morality no longer had much weight in foreign policy.
> white man's burden
Really?
> civilising the savages
After nearly two hundred years of trying it hadn't worked.
> Why leave without finishing the job?
You and your pedo, racist fakir wanted the UK to leave.

If I knew how to civilise myself I wouldn't be a savage. Seriously, get the fuck out, dumbfuck.
Let me have a heart to heart with my Anglo Saxon masters.

Good lad.

why though?

topkek

this too

Wouldn't've been possible

I like India. I talked to a few Indians there when I visited who were very pro British.

Seems it's mostly whiny big city nationalists who complain, they're the SNP of India.

We should of colonised India

Fuc no I don't want to speak frog.

Do Indians even speak English?

>I like India
Me too

rude

Better than you lot, yeah

But you did.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_India

It's not like they could have. Bose had a lot of support in India. If Gandhi failed then Bose's followers would have taken steed.

lmao kill yourself my man

t. Sanjay

Sure thing, Sanjay

IT WAS NOT ENOUGH

I'm white British. I've been to India and France, and the Indians genuinely spoke better English.

They should've given them independence in 1946 with a an agreement and full rights for anglos there

Also ignore this cuckold poster. Far right nationalists that suck Modi's dick are retarded but lefties like this loser have no self esteem are just as infuriating.

Trip

No because at least Indians arent an evil people like the Chinese

No, also we could've done better than leaving the Raj in partitioned states that hate each other.
Then again that also happened in Africa and the Middle East, decolonisation is hard

indians dont have much choice, they have like 2414 regional languages or someshit

They have Hindi, although standardised Hindi is relatively modern.

"Keeping" India wasn't an option. If the British had tried to hang onto the whole thing, or even the southern parts, it would have made Vietnam look like a snowball fight.

Aren't Indian leftists usually borderline communists and therefore strongly anti-Britain?

POO

Indian girls with English accents are god tier

I want a curry gf

>Aren't Indian leftists usually borderline communists and therefore strongly anti-Britain?
Ime they're usually pro-balkanization and want to have a make an independent country for each state.

>and therefore strongly anti-Britain?
People are anti-British empire; not anti-Britain. It's illogical to dislike something that doesn't exist anymore.

I wonder what their kids would look like if she mixed with Zayn.

that girl is english-indian.

British Empire still exists?

That's what I mean.

>. Decolonisation after WWII
You mean USA and USSR making their own colonization

it's a secret

WTF I LOVE INDIA NOW

shhhh dont tell anyone