What was the episode or moment that you stopped watching the Simpsons?

What was the episode or moment that you stopped watching the Simpsons?

For me it was the manatee episode. 2005. I can't believe I lasted that long

When Barney got sober, that was enough for me

Armin Tamzarian

spring break episode

Three men and a comic book

stopped watching after the first episode I had the mistake of watching, tbqh.

season 6 ep 23

AKA marge becomes a cop

Breaking up Krapabble and Skinner

They spent several years slowly building up their relationship and using it to flesh the characters out. Then all because Al Jean hates change and character growth, it gets wiped out along with an extra helping of marriage bashing with Jean wholesale rendering Homer and Marge's marriage a cruel, festering lie with the two admiting that they only stay together because they like the envy they get from all of their friends over who think they have a perfect marriage compared to theirs

On a side note; it makes me pissed the fuck off that they never did anything with the plot point of Edna's ex-husband.

One of the biggest dropped storylines of the franchise, made worse given that since they retired Edna, it's NEVER going to be addressed.

I think it was around the Italian Bob, everything about it was a combination of stupid and boring, and I was 12 at the time.

Trust me when I say, it's better that the plotline was dropped.

In season two/three episode where Marge drags Homer to a camp for troubled marriages and Homer ditches the counseling to fish, they had planned on introducing Edna's ex.

He would have been a Dean Martin rip-off that only talked in one-liners, which he used to shut Edna down while he fucks every woman in sight......

I think the last episode I saw at airdate was Treehouse of Horror XII, with the awful Harry Potter parody. If it wasn't that it was probably something else from season 13.

It's hard to pinpoint an exact time, but it was around the turn of the millennium. Seasons 10 and 11 were kind of lame but often quite good or creative/interesting enough for a watch.

13 and after is just unwatchable trash.

Was some Lisa episode, she became a vegetarian or a Buddhist or something. I realized the entire show had become as preachy as her character.

the one where lisa gets knocked up by a nigger

Whatever season has the President wears pearls episode

I can't remember the episode, but it was in 2003. I just gave up.

Terrible Simpson episodes general I guess >Lisa goes gaga episode
>the maple mipad ft Steve mobs episode
>the one where homer meets that new security guard at work who actually works for the cia and has scary flashbacks

Why do you have this pic saved and why did you post it? You gay?

>2005
Has it really been shit for that long. Holy hell.

Car Hold? That's a decent one.

I remember that I stopped watching new episodes years ago, and decided to maybe just check out one out of curiosity. It was the one where Mr Burns fired everybody except for Homer and replaced them all with robots. I watched like 10 minutes before I realized it wasn't a Treehouse of Horror episode.

Moe Baby Blues is the latest episode I can find I remember watching, which was the last episode of season 14.

There are currently 606 episodes. The episode from season 12 where Lisa has to decide whether or not to cheat in the spelling bee and Homer chases after the Ribwich is episode 303. If you think the show went to shit long before this, then there are literally more bad episodes than good episodes.

the 300th episode where Homer skates with Tony Hawk

Pre-Movie Simpsons was at least sort of bearable to me in my opinion, but the episode where Maggie gets stuck in a convent and Lisa has to go through some sort of shitty puzzle thing was the episode that really made me turn off from the Simpsons. It made literally no fucking sense at all, no semblance of a realistic and cohesive plot. And the sad thing is that I still remember that episode pretty well even though I despise it. When I watch more recent episodes I can't even tell you what happens since it's so god awfully bland and offensively boring.

After season 12 I started watching less and less frequently, Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass was when I finally quit for good.

I just watched the first 6 seasons.

It was around then, but I only watched it just because every sunday animation domination would come on fox which the 13-14 year old me would always catch on.

I vividly remember that awful episode where they all go to Italy and find out sideshow bob is the major of a tiny village and has a wife and a son. That was basically when I gave up.