Who has been forcing the "nu-metal was good" meme lately? Is it underage posters who just discovered nu-metal...

Who has been forcing the "nu-metal was good" meme lately? Is it underage posters who just discovered nu-metal, or is it people in their mid-20s feeling nostalgic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
youtube.com/watch?v=8DlwYG4tQ_I
youtube.com/watch?v=LypjjYy9PiE
youtube.com/watch?v=_sWBSZDHWyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I need to teach you a lesson about irony son, come sit on papa's lap and I'll tell you a tale

It came with the advent of Chester Bennington's death. Now that people actually realize that his lyrics were more than just commercialized teenage angst and reflected his pitiful life, they're now reconsidering the quality of Nu Metal in general.

Patricians.

Our Lord and Saviour, Scaruffi gave Korn's debut album a 7/10.

I've been here long enough to know that irony leads to sincerity. Newfags will come to this board, see a bunch of people discussing nu-metal, think it's genuine because they're newfags, and before you know it Limp Bizkit is certified Sup Forums-core. That's why it's important to stop this shit before it gets out of hand.

Fuck off you fucking idiot.

Nu-metal was always good, yes we are all aware the lyrics were often juvenile/whiney/flat out dumb but it was a superior/more melodic/fun version of bands like Godflesh, Helmet, Melvins, etc.

We're not being ironic. The same people dissing nu-metal are the same soyboy open mouth faggots who non-ironically listen to Danny Brown, Run the Jewels, Kanye West, etc.

Are you concerned about protecting the board or something? Why do you care about such a shitty community?

tell me what exactly am i supposed to do
now that i have allowed you
TO MEME ME

is rage against the machine nu metal?

No, Rap Metal and Alternative Metal.

before people ask

rage against the machine
system of a down
deftones

are all nu-metal, regardless of what their insecure fans want to say

just accept it, nu-metal rules and there's no shame in the game

nu-metal is more fun to listen to most of the stuff that gets posted here on the regular desu
down with the sickness is better than this shite that people bumsnog over
youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
deal with it

This isn't new, people have praised godflesh on this board for years.

>rage against the machine
>system of a down
>deftones
No, none of those bands, besides early Deftones was. This is coming from an actual fan of Nu Metal. System of a Down is too traditional and not diverse enough to be it, and the same goes for RATM.

Mate, I actually lived through it and it was awful. A bunch of smelly dudes with dreads and clown makeup wearing cargo shorts and jerseys making school-shooter music.

>was
Damn auto-correct.

Godflesh ISNT nu-metal, this sounds nothing like fucking Korn

youtube.com/watch?v=8DlwYG4tQ_I

>using the fashion of the fanbase to critique the music

o am i laffin

>this sounds nothing like korn
Kek, take a listen. It's fucking nu-metal

youtube.com/watch?v=LypjjYy9PiE

this. nu-metal is an absolute joke that appeals to middle schoolers

that sounds literally exactly like korn.

There's a reason Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc. still sell out huge stadiums across the world

The music was good, if it was just a "fad" people would stop going to see them

The bad nu-metal bands (Crazy Town, etc.) don't sell out stadiums cause htey werent good, s

youtube.com/watch?v=_sWBSZDHWyE

This sounds like Helmet if Helmet had any sense of melody/groove

Nu-metal is unironically the most patrician genre of meal

popularity =/ quality. those people have zero taste and listen exclusively to what was force fed to them on mtv in 2000.

>popularity = quality

I agree

But the point is TONS of people still listen to it, young and old, which puts it above I don't know, any band from the 90s who was once big but cant even sell out a small club anymore

Its good music

fuck you!

run the jewels and kanye are good

>not second wave black metal

T-they're gonna r-ruin Sup Forums-core guys!!! We have to stop them!! A-anyone listening to death grips right now?

Possibly the single least musically interesting genre of metal, you just think it's patrician because it has shitty production.

me
why?

lmao the soyboys are the ones posting about nu-metal friendo, it's nu-metal for nu-males

Is tool nu-metal?

>least musically interesting
>not liking sick riffs

Can't tell if bait or ignoramus.

It is a genre in which 99% of material is just spending 5 minutes fiddling with inversions of the same diminished chord. Most children's songs are more musically engaging than black metal.

Deftones are good. Mudvayne had a decent debut. And that's about it.

>leads to
Clearly you haven't been here long enough. "Irony" as understood by millennials raised with social media as a substitute for a father IS sincerity, with a mix of insecurity and denial. At no stage of being an "ironic" fuckwit is your average teen/20something not being sincere.

hilarious that people who say "soyboy" always have the most irredeemably awful pleb taste in the universe

Deftones are the only "nu-metal" band that weren't thoroughly shit.

Mudvayne had a decent debut because of their bassist alone

it's the blind 90s nostalgia slowly evolving into blind 2000s nostalgia
some ironic posts just use irony as a mental excuse to communicate something different from the popular opinion

Fucking hell, I hated the 2000s. Awful decade.

You were not alone trust me
Frankly speaking, late 90s and 2000s aged like milk. The year 2k over-excitement (we're in the future n' shiet), Matrix style, meme gadgets and obsession with digital tech that got outdated 3 years later—almost every major aspect of it looks garish and silly today. No wonder no one wants to remember it. But the kids that grew up liking it now have jobs, so the new round of nostalgia milking is inevitable.

The only good movies here are Titan A.E, Sphere and Treasure Planet.

>some ironic posts just use irony as a mental excuse to communicate something different from the popular opinion

no one is being ironic here

nu-metal rules

if we were being ironic then we wouldnt mean it

i do mean it

we can make fun of it and call it buttrock at the same time while loving it and not finding it "inferior" to any critically acclaimed (read: drake, migos, etc.) nu-male soyhop

Slipknot’s s/t was good but apart from that nu metal is tied for worst sub genre of metal with metalcore and glam

>implying Sup Forums hasn't already been ruined by trap

>picking the pleb nu-metal choice

Limp Bizkit and Korn are ridiculously better.

Slipknot have some fucking classic singles (Wait and Bleed, Spit it Out, Left Behind) but a lot of their songs have no sense of melody

they're still whiny

>he picks the gayest/least fresh nu-metal band as an example of a good one

cuck off