Tarkin was already in charge of the Death Star project at this very early stage of construction according to Episode 3

>Tarkin was already in charge of the Death Star project at this very early stage of construction according to Episode 3
>that overly dramatic shot of the Death Star's butthole being put into place in every Rogue One trailer never should've happened because it was actually part of the bone structure of the base according to this screenshot
>the Death Star was already this far into construction as of the end of Episode 3, which was 19 years before Rogue One/A New Home
>it took less than 4 years to get the Death Star 2 to a mostly complete stage of construction, despite the DS2 being at least 25% bigger than DS1

I know retconning can't cover everything, but this is triggering my autism hard

This was a prototype Death Star. The fully operational one was built after the prototype.

>retcon shit from the prequels
>bring Jimmy Smits in to make the prequels canon

Bravo Disney?

At the start of a New Hope, Leia tells Vader that he's boarded a peaceful diplomatic ship

Even though he apparently just saw it eject from a rebel ship attacking an Imperial base

>because it was actually part of the bone structure of the base according to this screenshot
Are you fucking blind? That's a socket in your picture.

>The plans were intercepted transmissions in IV
>They were actually beamed by the rebellion on another ship in R1 and handed down on a disk to a few people in their ship.

It's a lot easier to build something you've already built and tested once.

That scene implied nothing other than that Tarkin was a high-ranking Imperial guy.

Fair, but you could easily say that this is just the framework/it had to be removed for repairs or fine-tuning since they apparently hit a wall and needed Jynn's father to help finish building it (and even then, it took him like 20 years more).

That thing is sparse as fuck, you can literally see through to the other side. The Death Star is a big fucking thing the size of a small moon, complete with living quarters and reactors and hangars and shit. The framing probably went up real quick, but the finer, more important details took years.

The EU isn't canon anymore, but I imagine their explanation about the Empire building multiple Death Stars (with the one in Rogue One/ANH simply being the first operational one) still holds up. The Death Star 2 is bigger and tougher, the DS1 is the nuclear deterrent to make sure this planet-killer tech actually works.

He knows she's bullshitting him, but we can now say that her appeal was a last-ditch effort to spook him off.
She mentions how "the Imperial Senate won't sit still for this", basically saying "unless you have those plans in your hand, there's no way to prove that we're anything other than a peaceful, diplomatic ship full of consulars".

Vader saw them leave, but he's got no physical proof. The ship the Tantive IV was on got destroyed and Vader killed everyone who was left. As far as the Senate is concerned, Vader's got nothing but probable cause and a lot of blood on his hands.

It doesn't really matter, since, as we all know, Sheev IS the Senate, but call it a teen girl's attempt to use "the rules" as a last resort effort to sway the bad guy and buy as much time/mercy as possible.

fucking dunce
>The plans were intercepted transmissions in IV
>They were actually beamed by the rebellion on another ship in R1 and handed down on a disk to a few people in their ship.

It's right in the opening crawl for IV:

>It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

Interesting because Vader is holding up a man asking about intercepted transmissions in IV.

But I'm probably arguing about semantics at this point. But it may make the "diplomatic mission" excuse sound a bit more amusing.

I stand corrected, but technically we're both right. The crawl tells the actual facts of the plans, Vader probably doesn't know that a physical copy of the data was handed off.
Darth Vader: Where are those transmissions you intercepted? WHAT have you DONE with those plans?
Captain Antilles: We intercepted no transmissions... This is a consular ship... We're on a...diplomatic mission...
Darth Vader: If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?
Darth Vader: Commander, tear this ship apart until you find those plans! And bring me all passengers, I want them ALIVE!

Princess Leia Organa: Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic...
Darth Vader: Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.
Princess Leia Organa: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...
Darth Vader: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!

>>that overly dramatic shot of the Death Star's butthole being put into place in every Rogue One trailer never should've happened because it was actually part of the bone structure of the base according to this screenshot
The dish isn't installed in the episode 3 shot, that's the base under the dish, which is why it has holes in it.

bump

>Implying Disney regards the prequel trilogy as canon.

>Vader probably doesn't know that a physical copy of the data was handed off.

But the "handing off" moment happent before his eyes.

Btw that scene was AMAZING. The whole cinema stoped breathing when Vader lit the lightsaber.

I heard an aw shit behind me.

>Hallway is dark
>Rebels go quiet
>Dat breathing
>"Oh please just have the lightsaber turn on, fucking do it."
>They fucking do it
>Vader proceeds to rip through them like Jason Voorhees rips through horny teens
>Nothing can stop him
>The plans just barely make it onto the Tantive IV
>That's how close it came to the Empire just outright winning
>mfw everyone died for that close of a call
>mfw they successfully made Darth Vader into a scary villain again after decades of hawking action figures and M&Ms

the end of ep 3 is so fucking absurd. like palpatine consolidates power and suddenly the entire technology and aesthetic of the OT empire pops up in like 3 days fully formed

it is, but they probably wont use it nearly as much as the OT until people stop hating on them so much.

Also bring in EP3 Mon Mothma.

The solution: episodes 1-3 never happened.

They never say how long after Vader gets the suit is this thing finally made.

Its fine.

Also anyone have the final scene with Vader slaughtering everyone available?W

>That whole scene with that poor rebel soldier begging for help struggling as much as he can trying to open that door that will never open

Satanic trips of truth. That whole scene was LIT.

They brought Ewan Mcgregor back for TFA to say a couple of lines in Rey's flashback too

>Tarkin was already in charge of the Death Star project at this very early stage of construction according to Episode 3
Nothing about that implies he is in charge, just that he was there from early on.

Well, Tarkin's hair is still brown-ish here and the hairline's not as receded and thinned out, so it was almost assumed it was closer to the ending of EP3 than to the beginning of EP4.

>working under Vader and palpatine not a massive fucking stress that would do to them what happens to our presidents
Everything has simple answers just find me a video of the final scene you worthless nigger.

wow you really don't know anything do you? read up on the lore please.

>that overly dramatic shot of the Death Star's butthole being put into place in every Rogue One trailer never should've happened
The butthole was also traveling way too fast.

deathstar 2 was already built m8.
ever seen Contact?

>The first thing he does is rename the hospital after himself

Disney is ignoring prequels. Just like most fans.

They will remake them when they run out of spin-off ideas.

Tarkin said in Rogue One that he spoke with the Emperor about the Death Star years ago.

Maybe they had to replace the dish.

Maybe constructing the first ever fully armed and operational planet killer was hard? It's like you're saying "new smartphones come out every year, and it took HOW long to make the first telephone?"

Yeah, it was a stupid way to try making the trilogies fit together. My headcanon is that those shots are like a decade into the future.

>Leia tells Vader that he's boarded a peaceful diplomatic ship

And he straight up said she was lying? And she was?

>Sheev IS the Senate

I love how we just unironically use Sheev now

I still write "Palpatine" or "The Emperor" whenever I'm trying to established a contrast between Lucas-Continuity and Disney-Continuity.

But yeah, Sheev can be typed more quickly than Palpatine or Emperor

>I still write "Palpatine" or "The Emperor" whenever I'm trying to established a contrast between Lucas-Continuity and Disney-Continuity.

Wel that's confusing as fuck, because wasn't Sheev an EU book name from when Lucas ran Star Wars, who called him Palpatine in the prequels and The Emperor in the sequels, while the character hasn't appeared in any Disney owned movies at all?

This.
It was her basically saying "you got no physical proof, we will totally take this to the Senate and you'll look like an asshole unless you have these plans which, guess what, you don't, faggot."

"Sheev" is Mouse-canon only. The name first shows up in the 2014 novel "Tarkin", which was one of the first canon novels released after the EU purge.

Sheev is such a goofy fucking name.
It sounds like the dude who brings the space-beer to the cookout.
Like, I can imagine a bunch of Henson-y muppet puppets hanging out with stormtroopers, and then a dude in sunglasses rolls up with a case of Yeungling and everyone's like "YO IT'S SHEEEEEEEV!"

The Chancellor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center, sometimes shortened to ChanPal SuRecon Center, crowned one of the tallest buildings on Coruscant. During the Clone Wars, it was also known as the Grand Republic Medical Facility or simply as the Grand Medical Facility. It later became known as the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center, being commonly referred to as the EmPal SuRecon Center. It was an imposing spire that dominated its particular stretch of the Galactic City—later Imperial City—skyline.

Leia doesn't know that Vader saw them. They probably all thought it was a real slick getaway.

Also FYI, one of the telltale marks of autism is not comprehending that a character doesn't necessarily know something even though you do.

>with a case of Yeungling
>Yeungling

>It's got a big statue of him menacingly hunched over some smiling children
>"OWWW, MY FUCKING BONE MARROW"
Man, what did we do to deserve Redlettermedia.

>The Chancellor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center, sometimes shortened to ChanPal SuRecon Center
my fucking sides

Good god you shills are so fucking gay

Not as hilarious as the Mofference, tho.

Wasn't that from some pre-schooler level book? Didn't old EU have tiers on how true the records (that is, everything that's not the movies) are on events, and that one was pretty low on the rung?