Motor/sp/ort - Spa 24h Edition

WEC is kill sub-edition

Blancpain Endurance Series and European Formula 3 at Spa; NASCAR Camping World Trucks and Cup at Pocono, Xfinity at Iowa; Indycar and Pirelli World Challenge at Mid-Ohio; Formula 2 and GP3 at Hungaroring

>Porsche withdraws from WEC to pursue Formula E despite previoulsy confirming to compete in 2018
>Miku driven by Kamui crashes at Raidillon in Spa 24h practice
>NASCAR silly season developments
>Indycar 2018 road aero kit to test at Mid-Ohio and be on display
>SRO confirms Suzuka 10 hour to replace Sepang 12 hour in IGTC

Friday, July 28
>CWTS practice, FS1 1200 ET/1600 UTC
>BES Super Pole 1330 ET/1730 UTC
>CWTS final practice, FS1 1400 ET/1800 UTC
>ICS P2 1415 ET/1815 UTC
>XFINITY Series practice, NBCSN 1700 ET/2100 UTC
>XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN 1830 ET/2230 UTC

Saturday, July 29
>F3 0630 ET/1030 UTC
>NCS practice, CNBC 0900 ET/1300 UTC
>BES Belgium Total 24 Hours of Spa Race 0930 ET/1430 UTC
>F2 Race 1 0940 ET/1340 UTC
>ICS P3 0955 ET/1355 UTC
>CWTS Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1000 ET/1400 UTC
>PWC GTS Race 1 1055 ET/1455 UTC
>NCS final practice, NBCSN 1130 ET/1530 UTC
>GP3 Race 1 1135 ET/1535 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying 1205 ET/1605 UTC
>CWTS Race Overton’s 150 (60 laps, 150 laps), FOX 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>ICS Quali 1405 ET/1805 UTC
>NXS Race US Cellular 250 Presented by American Ethanol (250 laps, 218,75 miles), NBC 1530 ET/1930 UTC
>PWC GT/GTA/GTC Race 1 1645 ET/2045 UTC

Sunday, July 30
>GP3 Race 2 0310 ET/0710 UTC
>F2 Race 2 0435 ET/0835 UTC
>PWC GTS Race 2 0905 ET/1305 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN 1130 ET/1530 UTC
>PWC GT/GTA/GTC Race 2 1200 ET/1600 UTC
>NCS Race Overton’s 400 (160 laps, 400 laps), NBCSN 1500 ET/1900 UTC
>ICS Race Honday Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio (90 laps) 1540 ET/1940 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5t9b1g_k07g
youtube.com/watch?v=-t0soSo6S6E
youtu.be/0QFDP9zC_uM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for FUCK ARCA and FUCK FRENCH MUSLIMS

3rd for random favela m/o/nkey Sup Forumserging hard for no reason

Forgot ARCA tonight

>ARCA ModSpace 150 (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1 1600 ET/2000 UTC

HAPPENING NOW

USF2000 race at Mid-Ohio:

youtube.com/watch?v=5t9b1g_k07g

Truck practice:

youtube.com/watch?v=-t0soSo6S6E

nth for /ourteam/

Ara ara maybe we could be your race queens tonight

GSR got a new car, its the one used by AMGs Driving School, it was there at Spa to do some ride along laps but it was already back in germany when Miku got rekt.

Despite this, the heart of the original car is still present in the new one as you can see on the door. I think they took that straight from the old one. I dunno if they plan to completely wrap the new car.

They will participate in the upcoming 30 minute super pole warmup session.

Oh and they will also have to serve a 120 second stop n go for the chassis change.

JUST

realized when I hit submit.

>last FS1 race until mid-September

>OP pic is literally the team wrapping the new car
For fuck sake, rangeban Brazil fucking when?

I agree

>“I hear that racing the GTs in the States is a lot of fun and in GT3 I really like the big races like Spa and the Nürburging,” Lotterer said. “They’re even talking about making GT overall winners again at Le Mans.
What did he mean by this?

In other news, IMSA has confirmed Mid-Ohio will be on the schedule for 2018 and will be replacing COTA.

Nice hadnt seen that one.

Though it would be funny seeing the car look like a generic GT3 from the front then boom anime door.

Punished Lotterer just wants to not be in a sinking ship again

Pretty sure the car only has the door and the pink trim from the OP pic

so repairs are done and it got through inspection, time to start running

i didnt know he had a personality

people actually watch and follow Formula memE?

>Though it would be funny seeing the car look like a generic GT3 from the front then boom anime door.

I wouldn't call them "people"

fuck no. but it's a few business decisions wrapped into one. manufacturers look like they're environmentally friendly and hundreds of millions of dollars aren't spent on developing aero and chassis. they can spend only a few million on an fe program and wait for actual technological advancements to happen

>Porsche, which recently confirmed its participation in the FIA ??LMP1-H World Endurance Championship as a manufacturer up to the end of the 2018 season, and which has been actively involved in the development of the technical regulations that will come into force in 2020, has just announced the withdrawal of its LMP1 hybrids from the end of the 2017 season.
>The Automobile Club de l’Ouest, promoter of the WEC and organiser of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, regrets this precipitous departure, as it does the abruptness of the decision from one of endurance racing’s most successful and lauded manufacturers.
>However, the ACO and the FIA, guardians of the existence and quality of the FIA World Endurance championship, have immediately set to work to put forward to everyone involved in endurance racing the outline of the 2018 season – a season which promises to be quite exceptional thanks to the introduction of new innovations.
>Clearly, the reduction of costs and stability, but also inventiveness and audacity, will be vital in making it possible to stage an increasingly spectacular and attractive championship with the sport of endurance racing at the forefront.
>This unprecedented 2018 World Championship will, without doubt, excite and enthuse competitors, partners and fans of endurance racing alike.

FIA/ACO statement on Porsche's departure. Hilarity ensues.

>new innovations

Lmao

I really like how pretty much all options either doom the WEC forever or make the ACO bow down to classes they didnt create

>$muh full electric power

who watches those hideous finned moneypits and say to themselves "wow! im headed to the dealer to by a hybrid or electric car right now!"

Kerry Earnhardt should have the right to use his own fucking name.

Teresa needs to get hit by a truck. She should not have received any of the Intimidator's assets. It all should have gone to Jr.

>Dale Earnhardt Jr did not have the right to use the Earnhardt name until 2006
Fucking Jews

With Porsche departure I guess Peugeot won't come back ;_;

That was my first thought, the future and their statement of intent to participate. It's too bad the rules are so convoluted and unwanted by anyone currently in the sport that it deters anyone else from wanting to join. I wonder if it was intentional to kill the series from within by the rules changes Audi and Porsche pushed for.

No. It failed to draw in new fans as it wanted because turns out that internal combustion engines weren't the thing keeping people away from motorsports. And traditional motorsport fans don't follow it for obvious reasons. It's nothing more than a publicity stunt, really

>This unprecedented 2018 World Championship will, without doubt, excite and enthuse competitors, partners and fans of endurance racing alike.
Indeed, I can't wait to see Toyota finding another way to embarass itself at Le Mans. At least the ACO won't be able to push for those stupid 2020 regulations anymore once Toyota pulls out next year or in 2019

Super Pole live

youtu.be/0QFDP9zC_uM

>yfw penske-honda dpi with Montoya/Alonso/Castroneves wins Le Mans overall

GSR drivers are saying the new car is much better than the old one kek

Seems like AMG accidentally shipped the cheater chassis

They were clearly struggling with the old one, especially compared to the other Mercedes

>or make the ACO bow down to classes they didnt create
The worst part is that the ACO fags are petty as fuck and would probably choose to let the championship die over working with IMSA on making DPi into the top class

>Le Mans 2018
>A Toyota crosses the finish line first
>Immediately announces they're jumping ship to Formula E
>Hours later their cars gets disqualified for technical infringement
>Toyota appeals, but their appeal get rejected - but they're insistent they're not returning to LMP1

I can see that happening.

>asks to rangeban Brazil
>has Brazilian flag

Come on we all know that Le Mans 2018 is for Jackie Chan racing

Looks like they're rewrapping it for the race boys.

Good stuff

>In other news, IMSA has confirmed Mid-Ohio will be on the schedule for 2018 and will be replacing COTA.
... replacing the specific COTA weekend within the calendar, or meaning no COTA visit at all next year? If the latter, much can be inferred about how the IMSA-only weekend went earlier this year.

Replacing COTA means replacing COTA dumbass

Why don't all forms of auto racing simply switch to iRacing? That way they save billions of dollars from having to pay tire and gas companies and don't have to travel across the world to all these tracks. It can be a fully fledged e-sport with all the drivers connected to each other with the internet. It would also help save the planet due to lower emissions.

It's a worthy sacrifice for the good of Sup Forums. And I could just get a proxy anyway.

hmmm

>chrome
>history based suggestions

COTA is shit

Really makes me think

iracing is garbage homie

>mechanics as talented as drivers

Anybody have an ARCA link?

it's 6 oclock (18) not 1600 you dumpass

>Porsche is kill
RIP juan triple crown

What do you want from me?

ARCA is rain delayed.

interesting. the timer on the main page is right and was showing quali at 4 i think earlier. i didn't realize until i went to fsgo. apologies.

Would cum to this

ARCA's website said 4, Pocono's website said 4. Either they changed the schedule or FS1 was going to be delayed.

Yeah. It's honestly great fun if you can get over the fact that it's not >muh ICE

Eeeeeeeeeew you guys let a BR come into your thread. So stinky. So smelly. But strangely delicious

Your flags (you) are responsible for most of the shitposting in our threads.

Hush you lost BR. What a smell you have. Dirty baboon of a boy. Ew

ARCA is now live and not tape delayed

>***Ratel said he expects a minimum grid of 25 cars for the inaugural California 8 Hours at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in October, which will serve as the penultimate round of the Intercontinental GT Challenge season.

wtf

>***Interest in the GT4 platform has continued to grow, with at least two additional manufacturers likely on the way, according to Ratel. “There’s no secret there’s an interest,” he told Sportscar365. “You’ve heard it from Jaguar, you have another manufacturer which has not been announced but there’s strong interest.” A number of Jaguar representatives are on-site this weekend.

>***The prohibited time range for a pitstop from pit in to pit out for this event is 95 to 133 seconds, which is considerably longer than the usual 20-second margin. This was done to prevent any team from double stinting its tires. Although the decision was already signed off, it is understood that certain parties have been lobbying to lower the range even further.

why would you do this

Reminder it was this very flag who got rid of the /ovg/ faggot tripfag.

This is the most awful rendition of the national anthem I have ever heard

Best part is the toot of the truck horns from the Cup teams pulling into the track

Nobody likes a tripfag. Nobody. Maybe your smell has it's uses you cheeky little scamp. Do say hello to your nan when you see her next ok

>WeatherTech Racing will switch to a Porsche 911 GT3 R for next weekend’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America, due to a Balance of Performance dispute with IMSA involving its Mercedes-AMG GT3.

KEK

I bet they will just end up buying one of each and switch cars each race as needed

Well more like 20 minute delay
Fucking dumb

Get yer rags out boys

Camping at Spa

buy me a miku hat i'll give you the money later

NEAT. How's the crowd?

Time for some Coffee

Perfect. Music everywhere, nice People 10/10 breddy good

the last few rags races here have been kinda lame desu. maybe today's will be silly.

First for anyone but Herbst

Sounds like Sebring but with less hillbillies and spring break degenerates. Have fun, user.

ACO would rather see a GTE-Am winning Le Mans overall then a DPi winning Le Mans

>implying Alonso's Honda engine doesn't brake down like it always does

>these guys are professionals

>green yellow start
Guess there wasn't much wiggle room in their TV slot. Kek.

>yfw Nickolopolous JPMs into the jet dryer

>image gone

What parking?
P2 here

Camping between rivage and Les combes. Black mercedes and a green mini grill with two faggots sitting and sipping some beer

lol they actually made the number look like that on the ticker on the top of the screen. Two different fonts.

>race is conveniently rain delayed into your tv broadcast window
>still use a 5 minute tape delay

thanks, fs1

How did you get there by car lel

I spent a few hours there during race night three years ago, constant down shifts and hard WOT on exit kept me awake, can't recommend

We passed you on a track walk earlier

and the LF tire failures have begun

Fuck lads. Looks like it might be another clean air wins lol

We were two times there before. It was never a problem. Just drive there, easy as fuck.

>all streams shut down again

guess I'm not watching racing anymore. These jews should be happy at least someone is watching for fucks sake.

Do you mean the inside of the track where you at or at the camping grounds on the outside of the track next to that trailer park for the marshalls?

And we didn't have to pay for camping
t. other faggit

It is on the outside of the track. But a little bit further away from the entrance of Les Combes. Parallel to the straight of rivage and Les combes.

Ill have the top right one, theres others look like they're filled with gmo cancer

That mini grill is too small bruh. Learnd the hard way.

>Natalie Decker

Is she the next Danica Patrick?

I dont know but she could sit on my helmet any day

Thank EU I can shitpost all day without worrying about roaming fees.