Why do certain... types... of Americans obsess over British music? As a bong I don't understand it...

Why do certain... types... of Americans obsess over British music? As a bong I don't understand it. Is it quaint or twee or something?

Because soyboys. There. I said it for you.

they have the best electronic music
Boards of Canada
Autechre
Aphex Twin
The Prodigy

Because there's an ideal that Britain is kind of like America except old-fashioned and classy, as well as generally more enlightened. This is also why shit like Sherlock and Doctor Who is wildly popular with American fangirls above and beyond the actual quality of them as TV shows.

The Smiths are especially vulnerable to this because Morrissey is every Tumblr hos imaginary sensitive, witty, sophisticated English boyfriend come to life. When in reality the average British dude is more like Liam Gallagher.

>rapefugees and islamic terrorists
>old-fashioned, classy and enlightened

horse's fucking ass

Some of em have an image of Britain that's kinda classy and most don't know your cities are full of rapist kebab salesmen and shrapnel now.

imagine how satisfying it would be to uppercut him in the chin as hard as you can

it's twee, mostly
other than that it's a confluence of either misplaced dadrock sentimentality or outright homosexual preference

Because Oasis is soyboy incarnate

why does the sentimentality have to be misplaced? britian had some of the best pop music of the 60s

>When in reality the average British dude is more like Liam Gallagher.
this is painfully true

This meme really isn't funny

A lot of the time they praise the worst and most obvious British music from the 1960s to 1990s that also happens to be cloying or derivative

>worst
such as?
>obvious
nothing empirically wrong with this. nobody's here (or there) to entertain you and your standards.

Idk the beetles were British so we hold them to a standard

>This meme really isn't funny
It's not a meme. Wonderwall is the soyboy anthem

alternatively, wndrwll is the chad anthem

they’re good at post punk

>XTC
>New Order
>Gary Numan
>Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
>Wire
>The Cure
Gee why do some people obsess over this totally boring music??

So many of my favorite musicians just happen to be British, much more than are American or any other nationality. I can't shake the idea that it's cool to be into art as a Brit and that's super appealing to me. Am I wrong about that?

Radiopleb are more popular than all of those put together among Americans and it's not because they are better

They made the best prog and post-punk and those are the only styles of rock music worth listening to

You can't get more Chad than Wonderwall..

i don't understand

what exactly is "british" music aside from the beatles? it seems like The West have been on the same page artistically for a good while now.

Sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it's happy.
But it's the truth

The stone roses
Oasis
Blur
Artic monkeys
The cure
The smiths
The sex pistols
The Charlatans
The Kinks
The Jam
The Buzzcocks

A lot of the music that comes out of America British people view as sometimes just a cheap rip off or British altered slightly for the us market. I know a lot of people say Greenday just copied 70s British punk. Don't get me wrong bands like the foo fighters nirvana the beach boys and the killers are all successful bands in the UK. It's just they'll never be viewed as highly as oasis or the jam or the stone roses.