/daily/ - Sucked into the Black Hole of co's Backlog Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/mittbarns/r0.0
youtube.com/watch?v=2wKEzayTXek
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lhsGpoPdT5U
youtu.be/nsmelPNIhjY
youtube.com/watch?v=_c2ERZ6n1s0
mega.nz/#F!YEEjRJCY!X2OwvxpAO9A7WFwN56RQeg
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/robert_turman/spirals_of_everlasting_change/
clyp.it/00a52us2
cestlakey.bandcamp.com/album/superflat
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/cest-la-key/superflat/
youtube.com/watch?v=fDZRhpVjQMo
youtube.com/watch?v=7xXhJ2agJCg
amazon.com/gp/product/B001CLDEPO/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cow

@Eto
Experimental you say
John Butcher - Resonant Spaces

For the boys

>Portishead Dummy
First I've heard from the controversial trip-hop genre, and I've got a feeling it's going to be the last I will like from it. This is just an incredible album. Dense, textured beats that set a great pace for the beautiful vocals that rival the likes of Bjork. Album begins to sound the same towards the end, as the repetitive drum beats sort of get mixed together with the equally repetitive vocals. All in all, great album 4.0

>Portishead Third
I was right, not nearly as rich sounding or as diverse as their debut. Acoustic tracks I enjoyed, and the more melodic tracks made me wish they kept on the same momentum as Dummy, but felt they ran out of time and had to fill 20 minutes of trip-hop nonsense. 3.0

>Jean Jacques Perry
A french robot covers 60's music! Sounds great on some tracks but becomes jarring and unpleasant to listen to. All the layers of sound blends together like a poorly made smoothie, just listen to Brian Eno at this point. 2.5

Stuff I don't have anything to say about:
>Everyone Asked About You S/T 3.0
>Steinski and Mass Media It's Up to You 2.5

wow such a big boy!

if you are who you claim to be i'd be very surprised if you didnt like pubic train

thanks all for the recs last thread

>rateyourmusic.com/collection/mittbarns/r0.0

could use 3 or 7 more albums for my ocd. If there aren't any more recs, I can pick them myself

hi
i'm back at school now

Andrew Hill - Compulsion!!!!!
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air
Folke Rabe - What??

youtube.com/watch?v=2wKEzayTXek

that mercury rev score tho omg why

so have you all just been here so long you kinda have a feel for what you each like? is there some way to expedite this process so i can get le crunchy grooves brah

hyped
and that japanese cover really initiates my incaberries

i actually still dont fully believe you're doing an actual chart

i like beep boop music, some bloop and less so bleep

Give it a listen

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lhsGpoPdT5U

youtu.be/nsmelPNIhjY
Some tight experimental stuff

>Belnap
i could use an album for a good nap thx

(hampus, accel, and fish)
it's very good background noise is the thing. it's like the weather channel, but it's a whole big event.

you think they'd be over the reee trannies thing at this point with how common it is at this point.

(fish)
the fish has been made small.
breath of the wild looks pretty amazing. kinda considering gettin a switch just for it, and that's coming from a guy who has played about 3 video games.

(hampus)
mario kart is the go-to party game here, that and smash 4.

(fish)
consoles are a meme.

>2.5 for my boy jean
unacceptable

Who would win?

ALL YOU DO IS MASTURBATE
AND YOUR ARROGANCE BREEDS INCOMPETENCE

haven't listen to Public Strain in a couple of years, I remember liking it.
I like their S/T a lot more, actually have it on vinyl (regrettably at that).
I don't understand this post
I don't believe it either.

Sweet, thx again

yields incompetence

git gud

AND I WISH YOU WERE DEAD

>Afrique - Soul Makossa (1973)

Would you believe that the title track, a cover of “Soul Makossa,” is among the least interesting here? As the title may clue you in, this is some deliciously retro 70s funk with some strong afrobeat elements in a large rhythm section. At its worst moments, it comes across as too tame for its own good, and it’s not helped by reserved production and that unfortunate synth tone. But thankfully it really gets cooking during the heated jams, like the great build of “Let Me Do My Thing” and the unabashedly shredding scorcher, “House of the Rising Funk.”
7/10

>Eddie Kendricks - People...Hold On (1972)

You know what? This is getting a big score bump for a 10/10 title track. The track is mystical, passionate, soulful, jarring and uncomfortable, all mixed together to create a really unparalleled powerful moment. Must listen! The rest is incongruously upbeat and lighthearted, so idk.
7/10

>Margo Guryan - Take a Picture (1968)

Here’s a sweet 60s pop album that straddles the line between singer-songwriter and sunshine pop. She surely has a knack for pop melodies—albeit, never crossing a safe line to come up with anything too adventurous (moreover, interesting or memorable)—and comparisons to Brian Wilson are inevitable. It’s often too sweet and twee for me, unfortunately. Reviews will invariably mention the bizarrely out-of-place psych rock closer, “Love.”
6/10

>The Wild Tchoupitoulas - The Wild Tchoupitoulas (1976)

Super catchy, timeless standards and New Orleans R&B rarely gets more iconic. But I might say the experience stops there and that The Meters couldn't even elevate it to something greater than that. Funny thing is I'll still come back to this 100x because it's fun and comfy.
6/10

who is this man btw
p awful

wdhmbt

not sure, some fitness boys were posting it on twitter

i think i know most of the taste of the good and older trips here but newkids like you are lost on me...

what kind of grooves tho

Three Love Songs is perfect, and 8, King Tears, quartet, and Arrayed Above are pretty close to it. real nice chart.

actually hype as fuck for this chart

idk i like indie and black metal and bleep bloops, pretty much anything with short songs. lo fi, punk rock, hip hop. i've been into really poppy stuff lately too and anything with peculiar production.

buckley, eternal rhythm, cosmic tones, king tears, arrayed, electronic sonata, easter everywhere, and waltz for debby are all god-tier

u ever just get so inspired by blue monday that you straight up just make blue monday?
youtube.com/watch?v=_c2ERZ6n1s0

Hycz Orkestr - Pid markoyu Ivana Yakovicha

This band was, for many years, one of those dime a dozen quirky ska bands, with their principle gimmick being that they sung in Ukrainian and their vast orchestra used some traditional instruments not often found in big band ska groups. This album, however, represents a huge artistic leap forward for the group. Hycz takes the stories translated by Ivan Franko (probably the second most famous Ukrainian poet, and from the same city that Hycz is) into Ukrainian and adapts them into song form, each song incorporating folk elements from whatever culture the original poem was (i.e. Scottish motifs and instruments for a Scottish poem). There are also two tracks in German, which are Franko's translations of Ukrainian works into German, the conclusion being a sombre take of Зaпoвiт (possibly the most famous thing written in the Ukrainian language, by Shevchenko himself). The passion put into this love letter to one of their most celebrated authors is breathtaking, and I think this is one of the most underrated albums of 2017.

Can I recommend it to everyone? No. It's still very gimmicky, and it still has the essential corniness found in literally every big band ska group ever formed, and the fusions do not always work so well. This won't make a person who hates ska on principle change their mind, but if you are an open minded person and are willing to give this a try, then it's worth a shot.

4/5

what next

Bum Tickley, Novaya Scena memes, Memen Oxen, good stuff

>what next
Köln

desu it might be too much jazz

We'll see if I can stomach it all
I'm p stoked to listen to all the Russian bullshit

aren't only like 5 of these jazz

or just like, avant shit in general

bosting this for the last time, new album on thursday
get in if you still wanna

mega.nz/#F!YEEjRJCY!X2OwvxpAO9A7WFwN56RQeg

someone stop this man

sometimes I wish rym notified me about reviews individually so that I can read all the reviews separately instead of having to click through their page like an asshole

huit is a great reminder of why they don't do that

Brigitte Fontaine - Brigitte Fontaine est... ? (1968)
>chanson, french pop

Like most of you, surely, I'm familiar with Fontaine through her collaborative work with the Art Ensemble of Chicago. Comme à la radio is a phenomenal album, a new frontier for french pop and chanson that took the brilliant vocal and lyrical work of Fontaine and blended it with the heady, avant-garde jazz sounds of the Art Ensemble. This is just a typical french pop album through and through. Jean-Claude Vannier did the arrangements on here, and his influence is omnipresent. He would later go onto do the arrangements for Gainsbourg's Historie de Melody Nelson, and this seems like little more than a trial piece for him to lay out his ideas. It's similarly quirky, out-there, and a bit epic, but it never quite reaches any notable heights, most songs don't do much besides showcase Fontaine's great vocals.

2.5+

Avey Tare - Down There (2010)
>neo-psychedelia, electronic

Avey's solo albums usually falter because they don't play to his strengths. His presence in Animal Collective is hyperactive, jittery, constantly fun and out-there. He has songs like "Peacebone", "Today's Supernatural", "The Purple Bottle", the entirety of Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished, his vocal performances are always jagged and punctuated with harsh screaming. On Down There, he takes a style much more akin to the ambient, chilled-out works of his musical partner, Panda Bear. It starts of very promisingly, and Tare manages to keep a consistent, aquatic atmosphere throughout the whole record, but it feels incredibly bare and brutally minimalistic. There's none of Tare's characteristic energy to be found, the album is a slog to get through, with barely any catchy melodies and total homogeny in the arrangements and soundscapes.

holy fuck i'm too lazy to update my freeform chart, well

>坂本龍一 [Ryuichi Sakamoto] - Soundbytes
Considering how big Sakamoto's catalogue is, I thought a compillation would be a good place to start with his work (or that's what I want to believe after blindly choosing this album as my starting point), clearly this one didn't do the job for me. The music is well-crafted but I'm not completely sold on what they try to achieve, everything just feels too saturated.

>Arthur Russell - World of Echo
By looking at the common tags on this thing I thought I would completely fall in love with it, I didn't. Even though I still support the ideas behind it (the fuzzy cello coexisting with soft melodies is fascinating, just like the h e a v y use of e c h o), it just drags for too long. We got the point, no need to hear more of that singing.
5+

>Jon Hassell
Distantly beautiful, a soothing atmosphere created by soft loops and a spectacular trumpet and drumming work where worlds collide.
8-

>Virginia Astley - Hope in a Darkened Heart
The japanese influence is evident. Although Astley vocals are not top notch, Sakamoto borrows the best from Japan's 80s ambient to create a deep ethereal atmosphere where the voice shines thanks to a charm boosted by the piano. The melodies are slow and at times evoke a christmas music kind of vibe.

it's like a softer and nicer aaron dilloway album that was released in 1987
But it's not really soft and light like Flux, it has a scratches and dirt like Robert Turman's next album, Way Down
also comparable to The Caretaker. Turman was ahead of the curve

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/robert_turman/spirals_of_everlasting_change/

have you heard any more Russell? I wouldn't drop him entirely as he has way better stuff imo and WoE isn't that great

Oh hey, gonna pop in for some reviews here!

[1/2]

Don Cherry - Where Is Brooklyn? (1969)
>Free Jazz
Looking at the lineup, the era and the musical ideas themselves, this is bound to be amazing. On paper, it’s really everything you’d want from Cherry, building from “mu” to Eternal Rhythm with similar musicians and all. However, the result is shockingly dull, as the band plods around aimlessly for a majority of the recording. The fire/energy of the surrounding albums is essentially gone, as Cherry opts to hit a middle ground between composing suites and letting musicians improvise on their own. Ed Blackwell is amazing as always and Cherry and Sanders have a few great moments. As a whole though, this just goes absolutely nowhere and it’s hard to tell whether that’s the point or not.

Nathan Davis - Peace Treaty (1965)
>Hard Bop

For a jazz album released in 1965, this sounds shockingly dated but I’d argue that isn’t a bad thing. Davis doesn’t try and join the crowd in their experimental approach - he instead makes an album of damn good hard bop tracks. Everyone is really in a groove here and it’s big and bluesy and bombastic. Davis toys with more ambitious compositions on here but they only venture a hint and keep the energy and atmosphere alive. It’d be easy to critique this for being too safe but I think it plays to Davis’ strengths.

[2/2]

NoMeansNo - Wrong (1989)
>Post-Hardcore

This thing absolutely fucking rips. The musicianship is pretty mind-blowing, with the bassist flying alllllll over the place, the drummer pounding away and the guitars thriving off these jumpy, angular little riffs. The time changes are pretty frequent on this album, bouncing from slow to furious and 4/4 to unusual times like it’s nothing. I’m usually a bit skeptical when it comes to this - but it’s used incredibly effectively on here and rarely feels awkward. The riffs on here are about as close as you can take punk to metal without blurring the lines imo, with the drums in particular sounding heavy and dominating. One of the better punk albums I’ve discovered lately.

Six Organs of Admittance - Dark Noontide (2002)
>Psych Folk

/Daily/ as a whole has done a great job convincing me that drone can help create this powerful, spiritual feeling in music and this is a prime example. Beneath the unusual instrumentation and drone flair, this is probably just a solid folk album. But thanks to Chasny’s creative use of guitar, flute, organ and eclectic percussion, this has an intense atmosphere that absolutely sucks you right in and keeps you engaged the whole time. There’s something ominous and primal about this music and it’s unrelenting. It isn’t all one note though - “Spirits Abandoned” is some creepy folk shit, “On Returning Home” has an almost spiritual jazz vibe and “Dark Noontide” has weirdly, an almost industrial feeling to it. As a whole, this is fascinating and very enjoyable.

Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (1968)
>Psych Pop

Stanley Unwin uses the most obnoxious combination possible - a Cockney accent and gibberish beat-poem lyrics. If you love pretentious British poetry, a goofy atmosphere and okay psych, this might be for you. But imo it's horrendous on all fronts - from a shitty title to wanky poetry and a half-developed concept. Not for me.

hhhhhh
did I accidentally make some shoegazey drone stuff
clyp.it/00a52us2

>Woolite review night
hell yeah

>/Daily/ as a whole has done a great job convincing me that drone can help create this powerful, spiritual feeling in music
Ya listen to Natural Snow Buildings? The Dance of the Moon and the Sun got me into the genre, and it is (or at least used to be) a /daily/ favorite.

>Russian
Mr. Shevchenko looks upon you in shame.

Ayyyy, glad you're liking em!

I have not but it seems to be a favorite around here like you said. I'll admit, drone on its own is still a bit much for me but a lot of the music I've heard lately with drone elements has been fantastic! I will have to check it out soon and see if it helps me dive more into the genre.

>but felt they ran out of time and had to fill 20 minutes of trip-hop nonsense. 3.0

Third is barely trip-hop at all goofy
Doesn't even have a trip-hop primary on rym

Glitchwave is /daily/ related, right? Yume Nikki is on Steam now, and it's apparently getting a sequel announcement in two weeks

One last quick review before I hit the hay.

Harriet Tubman - Araminta (2017)
>Jazz Fusion

The vibe on this one is very fusion-era Miles, with thick, heavy guitar work, jam-y drumming and a psychedelic groove going for the entirety. Wada Leo’s trumpet even has a Miles vibe, floating around in this drawn out, shrill tone that’s almost a bit too much to handle at times. It’s pretty chaotic, with guitar and trumpet clashing awkwardly as the album slowly collapses and loses its groove as it goes on. The style is fascinating imo and one that seems to be pretty hard to capture. Often times, bands attempt this and fall flat on their faces but Harriet Tubman does the job quite well, while adding a hint of modern jazz influence. It’s got a bit of an electronic flair to it, like a lot of modern stuff but never gets too smooth or lets the electronic sound take over.

Though mostly chaotic fusion, this album shows hints of more traditional sounds, with the funky “Blacktal Fracture” kind of getting in a groove and “Taken” even verging on a touch of drone. “Sweet Araminta” is also a nice, ballad-y closer, relying on Brandon Ross’ guitar work to bring the album back down to Earth. Which is surprising, given he’s usually the one creating so much chaos. Those moments are somewhat rare though, as the band is focused mostly on the psychedelic fusion vibe for most of the set.

The biggest drawback here is the album wanders far too much. Songs are often longer than they deserve to be and the drawn out fusion vibe only gets you so far. It’s frustrating to hear some of these tracks just fizzle out but maybe that’s the point? Luckily, Wadda Leo’s trumpet work is astoundingly entertaining and the good on here manages to outweigh the bad. A very solid modern jazz release.

Eminem - The Eminem Show (2002)
>hip hop

Eminem's flow is unbeatable, but his nasally voice is so damn grating, and the various voices he does here don't exactly help. The eschewing of the Slim Shady persona does lead to two somewhat decent serious tracks in the form of "Sing for the Moment" and "'Til I Collapse", but even they seem overwrought and overdramatic, as do most "serious" Eminem tracks. These are merely minor complaints in the face of my least favorite thing about this, the production. I will forever hold that Eminem has made one good beat in his life, the standout "Renegade" from Jay-Z's The Blueprint, and the rest of his production discography is horribly dated poppy schlock with shitty sounding synths, weak drums, and an over-reliance on goofy sound effects. Eminem sounds great on a boom bap beat, or a Dr. Dre beat, his weak style of production makes even his best verses sound hollow, weak, and absolutely irritating.

0.5+

Genesis - Foxtrot (1972)
>progressive rock

Serves nicely as a segue into Selling England by the Pound, bridging the gap between the earlier, shorter, folk-driven albums into the more drawn-out, firmly prog territory they'd cover on Selling England... and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. The a-side is solid enough, it consists of four tracks that don't really dazzle or make much of an impression, but they're fun to listen to, boasting typically great instrumental work and incredibly passionate, grizzled vocals from Gabriel. It's all well and good, but it's nothing compared to the b-side. "Horizons" is a pretty acoustic guitar piece, which leads into "Supper's Ready", a 23-minute long prog masterpiece. It goes through so many sections, and every single one works. It goes through the flounciest of folk to the hardest-edged prog, and it pulls them both off with aplomb, and Gabriel's vocals remain a wonderful constant.

Disasterpeace - It Follows (2015)
>horror synth, film score

Horror films have seen somewhat of a resurgence lately, and as such horror film scores have seen a resurgence as well. This is a great movie, and the score works incredibly well in the context of the movie, yet unlike most scores it works just as well taken as its own album. Sometimes it's a tad too drony, and it becomes very obvious that this is just a film score, but the soundscapes are incredibly captivating, Disasterpeace has an incredibly firm grasp on sound design and how to effectively makes sound unsettle and scare the listener. Occasionally some chiptune comes into play, no doubt carried over from Disasterpeace's wonderful work on the game FEZ, and it just adds to the unique nature of the score.

Eminems beats are hands down the most boring in all hip hop

Who else here is looking forward to seeing how bad of a trainwreck this is?

eh, i don't expect i'd get much out of it. the antifa single isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, just standard below-average ministry fare with some very on-the-nose lyrics. in practice the album will be a little boring more than anything else, i figure.

>C'est La Key - Superflat
>Radio Play, Spoken Word, Experimental Hip Hop
Superflat's bandcamp page mentions Charles Kinbote, the unreliable narrator in Vladimir Nabokov's "Pale Fire", a novel known for its strange structure of poetry and commentaries with two "authors" as its main characters. John Shade is one of them, who had written an autobiographical 999-line poem before dying-- and the raving, maddened editor, Kinbote, is the other.

Coin Locker Kid mirrors the above structure: he monologues his own consciousness in tracks like Flabbergabber!-- the doubts and masturbatory pleasure of producing his "music" from found sources. He childishly teases his therapist while he feebly narrates his day, argues with a friend about the difference between art and pop music, furiously masturbates, and gets to meet a certain Sup Forums idol.

The actual musical content between the story ranges from radio collage to tired pop. Three "unreleased" tracks from another album by C'est La Key, AKA Coin Locker Kid, make a surprisingly functional introduction. Beginning with an R&B lo-fi song, a female singer attempts to allure the listener in, characteristic of whatever creature (is it wearing a shirt?) eerily grins out from the album artwork. American spirit is a beatless murmured R&B ode, and Blindness seems to combine punk with sparse bedroom rap. Wake In Fright is the most complete experimental hip hop song here (but made by an imaginary hip hop star). A cover of Radiohead's Creep is the final song... which is all I really need to say about that track in particular.

This album brings about a seldom spoken of pain in indie artists and its listeners, clearest in the track Lie in Fear. There's a thrill in playing a song for a friend-- something you've spent many days on, weeks. But hearing something like "I really heard the message from this song", but never saying anything beyond that. It's a situation that follows on the internet: a meek circlejerk, weakly saying what they liked about whatever they hear most obviously from a song, ignoring the fact that the song is made of the same rhythms, notes, lyrics, and fears like hundreds of other artists.

It also unfortunately has the same nihilistic complaints that is all too commonly expressed everywhere. Bryan Lewis Saunders - Near Death Experience also suffers from this, but makes up for it with it's great line-up of producers. Here, it's mostly just emotion barely holding this together. Kinda like a normal person.

But for a DIY album, Superflat has some great acting. Highly recommending this, especially for any /daily/ music producers.

8+/10

cestlakey.bandcamp.com/album/superflat
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/cest-la-key/superflat/

>end blogpost

I'm thinking literally nobody would care about a new Ministry record if it wasn't for the "controversial" topic, which I guess is the point but it still seems silly to discuss it because of that.
But then again, Drones was also a p big meme and that was neither interesting nor relevant politically so who knows?

>Delia Derbyshire - Inventions...
Delia Derbyshire's output was one of the major steps that brought electronic music into the popular sphere. She also worked on one of my favorite projects of all time, White Noise's "An Electric Storm". She also put together one of the most unusual and quirky projects I can name, her solo release "Electro Sonic"

Basically, I'm a fan. When Delia's music works, it is absolutely an absolute joy to experience.

This work though? Not so much. It's a series of largely spoken word tracks with very sparse electronic background noise. This is some spooky music, its impact driven almost entirely by what is being spoken. Unfortunately, this meaks the whole album is basically the same thing from front to back. Just people rambling over some electric wubs.

It's, uh, pretty much nothing happens. It doesn't come across like "It was a Dark and Stormy Night", where the spoken word element is mixed clearly, and what is actually being spoken is seriously unusual and draws your attention on its own. The electric backing isn't all that interesting either, just mostly fuzz and some wubs.

I can think of no reason to listen to this again.

>they wouldn't re-immerse himself in this
>>It's, uh, pretty much nothing happens

It was kewl spoken word stuff tho, just not very interesting musically.

I guess the rating is a bit more realistic if it's based off of that, but I'd give it more for the whole product and atmosphere

If only I had recc'd that album I reviewed above (I think you'll like you should listen to it trust me on this one)

>I'd give it more for the whole product and atmosphere
Atmosphere can only go so far, unfortunately.

Superflat looks pretty good, I'll probably slap it pretty high in the backlog from what you wrote.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDZRhpVjQMo

just found this guy. mixture between boards of canada and aphex twin.
also has like 300+ albums. thinking about getting some.

Ministry hasn't put out a good album in ages, whatever. I'd be surprised if they put out something actually nice.

Are you an albumist, /daily/?

I'm a bumist.

>Are you an albumist, /daily/?
I only listen to top 50 pop singles compilations.

i loved rio grande a little too much. same with diabolus in musica. it's like real metal is an elegant wolf and i'm just some scraggly coyote picking up the scraps.

btw throwing solid space a solid 8/10 for space museam, i'll post the review in a week or so. something about it wants to rest in my head for a while. shouold i check their discog?

>Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Is this a comedy album? This really comes across like a comedy album.

If they meant this to be serious, it's a mess. The fucking synth sections, the pitch-shifted vocals on Demon's Gate, the vocal style, the near-quotation of "God Save The Queen" on Black Stone Wielder- I'dunno. It's cheesy like the moon. Heck though, the hecking album is called "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" for heck's sake.

This can't be serious. This is clearly a post-ironic deconstruction of metal tropes. It has to be! Was this album made in the year 2011? N- no it's 1986.

Wait, oh god- is- Is this just what the 80s sounded like? Oh. It is, isn't it? Oh... oh man. Oh no. Oh god oh man oh no. Ohhh no no no no I gotta get outta here!

6/10 tho it was pretty cool. Appreciated when the vocalist actually went all out, hated his style all the other times. Good riffs.

Nice drums.

Solid Space only released one album, unfortunately. You can always ask for more minimal synth/wave recs if you want more stuff in the same vein.

Me when I was 13 and listened through an entire deadmau5 album in one sitting for the first time

wtf you haven't listened to Starsailor yet? Buckley is fucking amazing man you are in for a wild ride

>This can't be serious.
you might think that if youre a nu-male

sorry, I only listen to real metal

%]

sounds like the 1st track on tired sounds but muffled and bad quality

more like

>bad quality
unfortunately I don't know how to make it sound better, it's an innate problem with how I use loops
there's gotta be some kinda sweet spot but I haven't found it yet

where 2 look for 2018 releases while rym charts haven't been updated?

really enjoyed tower of meaning, looking forward to check out calling out of context next

youtube.com/watch?v=7xXhJ2agJCg

This is probably my favorite track Russell was attached to. He has an unbelievably diverse output, so it is always a great to dive into.

I was intrigued by the cover art when you posted your chart, so I'm glad it seems to be worth checking out.

This might be the second worst ban I've ever received

lmao fuck
glad i havent visited it for years

You can see the 2018 charts if you go to a 2018 release and click on the position for the year.

i don't even leave /daily/, i'd probably blow my fucking brains out if i left Sup Forums

sorry you didn't like WoE that much, huit. I personally really love it, and it's my favorite of his, but all his other stuff is really worth diving into, especially the World of Arthur Russell comp.

Love Is Overtaking Me is pretty solid too if you wanna here him do a really straight-forward country influenced record

Why would you post on Sup Forums?

Because ADGQ

Awesome Done Games Quick?

Eh close enough

AH! a fellow speedrun-enthusiast I see! Someone with high intellect and passion for video game skill! YOU sir, are a gentleman and scholar :)

As a reply to last thread
I also hate reading on screens but I definitely don’t 400€-hate reading on screens so I usually end up pirating my books, but I feel ya I can never find the few Dutch books I need either

Did anyone recognize you?

MY MAN

Ne

amazon.com/gp/product/B001CLDEPO/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

what genre would this be, I'm not super familiar with this style that's why I ask

slow day, huh

oof

idk if most of Sup Forums would even recognize hampus these days