I couldn't tell he was cg

I couldn't tell he was cg.
Leia yes, but Tarkin looked real.

Really? His movements seemed way too off to me.

No way. The lips and overall mouth movement gave it away hard. Felt like a cartoon character for an instant and really took me off the movie.

The first time he appears is the worse, though. Then your brain learns how to look away from the most uncanny valley features.

>Im a Disney Shill

Go Fuck Yourself

what are you on Captain retard-o?
just pointed out the cg on Tarkin, the movie was pretty meh.

every time he started talking they would kinda put him out of focus, when he was still I couldn't tell. Then I remembered.

Disney shills have no taste and no eyes indeed, thanks OP.

It was only when I remembered he was dead that I realised

At first I though it was just a really convincing look alike. Then there was a couple of movements and facial gestures that made me realize it was CGI.

It wasn't too bad but they should've limited his screentime and kept him more as a cameo. His scenes could've easily been done as a hologram.

Not only this but they could have done a better job on the CGI if they spent more time on it.

He looked fine, Liea looked horrendous

he was ok.
I could tell he was cg but it wasn't like jarring.
Leia on the other hand........

Why didn't they just get the real guy?

Leia looked better than Carrie Fisher m8

facial movements were a bit stiff. but he looked amazing tho

They can't make real looking people with CGI but they've gotta be 90% of the way there by now

Hoping for an alec guinness obi wan spin off

they didn't want to add another cishet white man to the cast list.

He was incredibly outputting to me. But I'm a big Cushing fan. They should have made him a hologram. May have looked better.

How is this possible? This looks realer than real life

In that camrip he looked good when he didn't moved a muscle on his face. When he did it looke like the best video game cut scene i ever saw (quality wise).

Wait until you see motion. Still shots are deceptive.

Exactly, my brain could tell something wasn't right on screen immediately because of it

Only Clu's mouth movement was off

Tarkin was perfect

OP's pic is from ANH, not RO. It's from the scene where they're about to obliterate Alderaan.

Nah, Tarkin had the same weird shimmer about his face like Davy Jones. While it worked for Squidman McPirate, it didn't for Cushing Re-Animated.

How? Tarkin looked like how they had CGI humans in Avatar, except he was alongside actual humans. It was an impressive effect but it was still really distracting, like any CGI character or moster usually is.

I actually thought Leia looked fine, probably because it was brief and she didn't move much.

He was cgi?

you could notice EASILY in less than a second that both of them are cgi, leia was just like 3 seconds, but you could already notice.

>being new

they could not be bothered to dig 6 feet to find him

What? I really don't understand how anyone could sit there and not question how a dead actor is playing one of his former roles. My friend said he didn't even know Leia was CGI until I told him. Like what the fuck do you think they did, built a time machine? This whole 'I didn't know it was CG' shit is baffling, whether you thought it was good or not

It's funny. He looks shit moving in the film but great in stills.

Leia looks shit in stills, breddy gud when moving.

Reminder that I get an extra 50ยข for each time NEETs use buzzwords like Disneyshill. Thank you for your cooperation.

Me neither.
Because the quality of the recording was very bad lmao.

The best test is people who didn't know that this was some famous actor from the past. If you are warned, you can get a placebo effect.

the overall quality of the model was fine, but he twitched and jerked around too much as he was talking and the scenes where real actors were close to him, his deficiencies became too obvious