Are they worth listening too?

Is it worth my time to listen to queen?

also how do you guys rate their albums i kinda wanna go from best to worst and skip over any album that isnt good

At least listen to their first four albums, those are essential. If you liked those you can also check everything until The Game.
You can pretty much skip everything after that aside from Innuendo which is their best post-Jazz album imo.

Don't fall for the singles band meme. Their first four albums are great.

do yourself a favor and listen to Sparks and 10cc instead

Queen are good here and there but spotty as fuck overall, with a lot of cheesy songs and terrible lyrics

A Night at the Opera, at least, is 9/10.

>do yourself a favor and listen to Sparks
Not a bad suggestion, but they're really not that similar to Queen. I don't get the connection really.

>God tier
Queen
Queen II
Sheer Heart Attack

>Great tier
A Night at the Opera
A Day at the Races
Jazz

>Good Tier
News of the World
The Game
The Works
The Miracle
Innuendo

>OK Tier
A Kind of Magic
Made In Heaven

>Shit Tier
Hot Space

>Pantheon tier:
Flash Gordon: The Official Soundtrack

Thanks Satan, I forgot about that one. It's not a bad album musically, but I always saw it as just kind of a joke.

I'm already fucking obsessed with them, I have their greatest hits album and those are some of my favorite songs to this day
plus Barcelona
so yes, definitely worth a listen

Impressively accurate. Also notice that they have 11 albums that are good or better. Not a singles band at all.

Singles band.

Spot on. I would raise A Kind of Magic o good, but that's only because it's a guilty pleasure.

Everything from the first album up to The Game is GOAT.

Avoid everything between The Game, and Innuendo, but definitely listen to Innuendo.

This user gets it.

This user gets it

Jesus fucking Christ you're fucking pathetic, listen to an album of two and decide for yourself.

When a band like Queen has a catalog as large as theirs, that's really not the best advice.

Think what you will about OP, but his question is legit, and the responses of people making recommendations of which albums to listen to and which albums to avoid is proof of that.

Would you tell a person to pass judgement on a band simply by just listening to one or two albums? What about bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Grateful Dead? Each album that these bands put out were different than the previous one

Your response is rather plebian.

Oh, for heaven's sake, you can listen to their entire catalog (if you exclude the post Freddie stuff) in one day. Seriously, don't ask, listen. If you don't care for it don't listen to it again. If you're asking which albums to BUY, that's a different story.

Near perfect list, but I'd put Night at the Opera higher personally, I like the theatrics a lot.

Every time someone mentions "SERIOUS PIPES" in reference to this band i want to kill myself in some painful way
SERIOUS PIPES THIS
SERIOUS PIPES THAT
fuck off

fpbp

pretty much the listening guide on Queen. Their earliest stuff is my favourite but Innuendo is also one of the best they ever made.