TESB > ANH > R1 > ROTJ > TPM > AOTC > ROTS > TFA

TESB > ANH > R1 > ROTJ > TPM > AOTC > ROTS > TFA

This is an objective ranking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaEzKRngCyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If the first act of Rogue One were as good as the end it would be the best Star Wars movie.

last ten minutes of R1 were great, but my God it drugs on for tooooo long till they get there.

Rogue One had the best visuals and cinematography by far.

Weak score though.

TPM before ROTS?
Fuck you.

Rogue one is awfu but the last 2 minutes are pure kino

Shit taste

The beginning was weak but the end was one of the strongest moments in all of Star Wars.

TPM is comfy though

Why are people acting like this movie was actually good? Can anyone actually say they gave a fuck about any of the characters? The last act was fucking great and i cant dispute that, but ffs this doesnt compete with the OT at all, TFA is almost certainly better.
Also
>putting TFA below the prequels
This is autism

>TFA is almost certainly better.

You're a faggot and you have retarded taste.

Rogue One has a lot of flaws but it's actually a real movie with a specific idea and the end was top tier kino.

TFA is JJ Abrams kike faggotry mixing ANH with Marvel tier superhero trash. It is absolutely worse than the prequels. At least the prequels are memorable. TFA is the most bland shit ever.

Can anybody actually say that they gave a fuck about Rey or Finn or Kylo? No you can't you fucking homo

And Rogue One is the best visually by far.

ROTS was objectively the best prequel.

R1 could have been great, but Giacchino's score is absolute garbage. Why did he only have 4 weeks to score the movie?

But TPM is the comfiest and AOTC has the best land battle

And the speeder chase on Coruscant in AOTC was pure visual kino.

> a movie made in 2016 for $200million has better visuals than films from the 70s and 80s

Shocking

This.

If some of the scenes were cut/edited better, and the music was improved, this movie would easily have been as good as ANH.

Right now, I'd say that it's about an 8/10 - mostly because the last act of the film was pure kino.

Did the CGI faces absolutely ruin it for anyone else here..?

Over all.. pretty good.
Long winded, felt like a while, but action packed.
Not as good as TFA.

Filled some star wars history gaps..
Had cool looks at jedah, which was interesting and Vader was cool..

>Not as good as TFA.

This is an 18+ board

Time will prove me wise young pandawang learner.
TFA, as time goes on become better and better.
Slowly we realize they actually did everything they should have..
And don't be mistaken, it was made like A new hope, purposely, to throw you off.

Truth is though, we don't know how good episode 7 is, until episode 8 shows us all the plot twists.

Tell me you aren't excited for episode 8.

TFA was design-by-committee, nostalgia-ridden, rehashed, undeveloped garbage. Rogue One wasn't perfect by any margin, but it was 100000 times better than The Farce Awakens.

TESB>R1>ANH>TFA>ROTJ>ROTS>AOTC>TPM

They purposely changed the entrance sequence, the font, the score purposely to not let you think you're in the 9 movie series.
Although it really did end up being episode 3.5

Music definitely through me off though.
Movie gets a 7.
TFA a 7.5

No you're wrong idiot

>TPM
4/10

>AOTC
5/10

>ROTS
5/10

>R1
8/10

>ANH
8/10

>TESB
9/10

>ROTJ
7/10

>TFA
0/10

V>IV>VII>VI=R1>III>I>II

Rogue One and Episode 6 both has their flaws, which are overshadowed by good sequences.

>acronyms instead of numbers

More like TESB > R1 > ANH > ROTS > ROTJ > AOTC > TPM

The music was great where it counted. The battle scenes in act 3 and Vader.

youtube.com/watch?v=RaEzKRngCyY

TESB > ANH = ROTJ > R1 > TFA > ROTS > TPM > AOTC

>TFA not the worst

I want Abrams shills to get out

>he fell for the TFA sucks meme

i want underaged b&

What the fuck are you talking about idiot

Underage queers love TFA

TFA was mediocre at best but anyone who thinks the prequels are anywhere near better than it is a braindead hipster dickhead.
V>IV>>>VI>VII>>>>>>>>>>III>I>II

TFA was so fucking boring and generic. It never approaches the pure visual kino of the Coruscant speeder chase in AOTC.

TFA was boring and generic but I seriously hope you are being fucking ironic.
>pure visual **meme word**
>100% shitty cgi
>scene makes no logical sense

>no appreciation for aesthetics

And how does the scene make no logical sense? They are chasing the assassin through the city. What it so hard to understand about that you simpleton

pfffftHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHJHAHAHAHHAHAHA

liking jarjar memeage before revenge of the sith

you are the epitome of wrong opinions.

>Objective

No user, the word is SUBjective. Subjective.

>pure visual kino of the Coruscant speeder chase in AOTC

just stop posting you're making a fool of yourself

lmao

You should play some PS1 games, I'm sure you'll find their CG cutscenes to be pure kino. Don't play Silent Hill though, it's actually good so I'm sure you'd hate it.

nobody recognizes them by those acronyms you fucking nerd lmao

Rogue one is a 3/10
TFA is a 0/10

>falls for the prequels are bad meme
>can't defend it
>"lol just be quiet"

try again you band wagon riding faggot. ROTS was itself better than any star wars movie with some of the best space battles and saber duels than any other.
That is what star wars is fucking about, looking cool and kicking ass through WARS in the STARS.

This guy is correct

>II>V>IV>III>VI>I>RO>TFA

That speeder chase was kino! Also the seismic changes!

5>4>3>6>1>2>7

>Rogue One
>better than RotJ

Is this what Disney tells itself at night?

HA HA HA HA HA

Rogue One-A Star Wars Story 2016 HDCAM AC3.2.0 x264-BDP

how does Sup Forums feel about Darth Maul still being alive?

>disussing Attack of the Clones
>Can't defend ROTS
????

Visually, technically, character- and plot-wise, II is just garbage
Boring ass love-story
Not very good aesthetics

Also
>Jumping 500 meters from one levitating vehicle from another is logical
It's not the fact that it may be visually appealing, it's the fact that it's ridiculous to the point of drawing away from the immersion, something that happens far too often in the prequels

>Rogue One-A Star Wars Story 2016 HDCAM AC3.2.0 x264-BDP
better than the other one?

honestly, if Jedi can survive a 500m drop without breaking a sweat, why is it that Sheev died after being dumped down that shaft, he should have been fine

Shitposting is more fun than watching this stupid fucking libshit wet dream

Rogue One-A Star Wars Story 2016 HDCAM AC3.2.0 x264-BDP

I don't watch those shitty cartoons and as fas as I'm concerned they're not canon. He just better not appear in a movie.

i didn't really like rogue one that much but it made me excited to see what they're gonna do in episode 8. in a way, it got me into the star wars mood again. the ship designs and the visuals were top notch in rogue one. i guess that gave me a hard on.

but user, they are canon, the scooby gang's ship in Rebels is in RO

Hes old as fuck you cunt

>city chase scene
>battle of genosis
>yoda's fucking godlike cgi close ups

did you even watch the movie dumb-user?

and he's also one of the most powerful force users ever, age means very little to someone who is so strong in the Force

what's your point

vid. me/pLvL
Tarkin was well done
R1 was awesome move compering to TFA

5>6>4>tiny gap>7>R1>dog shit>3>1>2

Fuck off JJ. We don't like your shitty movie.

My statement of the immersion breaking stays true to literally all of your examples

>people putting rogue one above ANY of the original trilogy
was reddit a mistake?

TFA was the reddit movie you clown

>AOTC > ROTS
>R1 > ROTJ

I thought the prequels were the reddit movies.

ESB>>>>>>>>ANH>R1>ROTJ>TFA>TPM>ROTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AOTC

Reddit hates the prequels because normies are expected to hate them.

They love TFA because it's a Marvel capeshit movie set in the Star Wars universe and it has strong SJW themes. Normalfaggots eat that shit up.

The prequels are awful, so Sup Forums pretends to like them because being contrarians makes them feel like they are somewhat special, and not the sad underachievers they really are.

>this one is just as good because everyone dies at the end

No. Just makes it a tragedy instead of the 4 comedies that came before it

>TFA is JJ Abrams kike faggotry mixing ANH with Marvel tier superhero trash. It is absolutely worse than the prequels. At least the prequels are memorable. TFA is the most bland shit ever.
This HAS to be bait or it's some SERIOUS autism.

Are you kidding me your a blind male

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > R1 > ROTS > TFA > TPM > AOTC

all wrong

We nees to do something about the John Williams situation.
Man just doesn't have it anymore.
Time to bring in Bear McCreary

>frogposting
back to

R1 is a mediocre film with a lot of telling, but not showing.

Why was Forrest Whitaker's character in the film? He did nothing. They could have met the cargo pilot at some hidden location without him there, and nothing would have changed. He tells the cargo pilot that the monster will make people lose their mind. We never see any effects save the pilot being out of sorts for 30 seconds. He tells us hat Jyn is a badass soldier, but what does she do on screen that highlights this? Nothing.

Cassian is supposedly this cold killer that doesn't trust anyone, but we never see him experience trust issues with Jyn or anyone else. He gets the cargo pilot without questioning his motives, allows the blind guy and his sidekick to come with them without questioning who they are or what they're doing. The only time he looks cold is when he kills the one-armed guy, but was it really cold? The truth was that the guy was never going to get out of there the mission would be compromised. Again, a lot of talk about how the characters are which differs over what was shown.

What was Jyn's character arc? She says that she doesn't care about the rebellion, and I guess her arc is that she goes from not caring to caring once she finds hope and is willing to die for it. But other than her saying she doesn't car, did we ever get a scene that actually showed her not care? Was there an instance where her actions could help the rebellion at her own expense and she chose the selfish path? Not at all

Then there's the dialogue. The opening dialogue with Jyn and Cassian was some hamfisted and poorly done, that I started looking at my phone to see how much time I had left. And how many times can you say the word "hope"? We get it, this film is about hope. Many films are about that. You're writing isn't genius if you constantly tell the audience this is a story about hope. The original Star Wars is abotu hope, but how many times is that word said in the film? Is it even said once in the film?

He won't be for much longer! Ben Kenobie is going to finish him off in one final rematch when Rebels returns this spring.

TFA had better characters, R1 had better action and cinematography. I'm still on a high from the last 45 minutes but I suspect I'll start to see more flaws upon the second viewing. Characters certainly could've been better developed and the beginning felt a bit rushed.
That last battle was amazing though, and makes up for all flaws.

Was the scene where Darth Vader kills the rebels the most badass scene in all of Star Wars

Next we have the films second biggest problem (outside of the script): it's an anchor baby film. The film cannot stand on its own, and in the end, everything about it is inconsequential, but the characters aren't well written or offer any interesting perspective on the human condition to make up for the inconsequentiality of the story. We know they'll get the plans of the Death Star, we know that it'll be transmitted; as such, they should have focused on the characters, examined the idea of how good people can do evil things, or how dissent can come slowly after the continuous working for evil can take a toll on a person's soul. The second 2 parts we get...but just barely, like a thesis statement in a college freshman's paper. It's there, you can read the sentence, but where are the paragraphs for the arguments to back your claim? We see that her dad and the Imperial director represent those two figures, but neither of these two characters are explored or examined, instead her father only "talks" about how he thought the Empire would bring peace, but was betrayed by that idea.

Instead, the film tries to make itself important, not by having characters examine the idea of hope when the world feels hopeless, but my making this the most important mission in the whole Star Wars universe. It comes off as modern liberal fanfiction: a wet dream a trite as being forced to rewatch the Giffords shooting scene in Newsroom. And so we have pointless shots of Senator Organa, Cgi Tarkin and Leia, C3PO and R2D2 thrown in for a random cameo. But in all these cases, because this film is an anchor film, it can never truly be as epic as the characters and script tries to make it sound. Yes, we have the Death Star fire, but it only blows up a city. Yes, we have a battle, but it's a minor skirmish. In the end, if this film did not have Star Wars attached to its name, it would merely be a passable sci-fi film on the level of Oblivion.

op forgot the best one

Objective Star Wars qt rankings

Leia > Jyn >>> Padme >>>>>>>> Rey

You make some good points. I really liked the film but I kinda suspect it won't hold up as well on repeat viewings, especially knowing exactly how it ends.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>implying
they've said that they don't want to go anywhere near Tattooine while Ben is on it

>The original Star Wars is abotu hope, but how many times is that word said in the film? Is it even said once in the film?

Yes. Leia refers to Obi-Wan as her only hope in the hologram.

Han also says he hopes that old man got the tractor beam out of commission when they escape from the Death Star.

My grandma is hotter than Leia

post pics

Star Wars > Empire > Jedi > Caravan > Endor > Force Awakens > Rogue One > Sith > Clones > Menace

Prove me wrong.

(Protip: You can)

What was the point of this post

Do you think you're funny

It's my ranking of the Star Wars series.

You will see many posts like this on the internet, where people will place movies in a series in order of their personal preference.

No memes here guys

Is Rogue 1 actually good?

When will they review it

What is taking them so long

I knew I was going to like this film from the first overhead shot of the crowd on the planet we first see Cassian one, where the identical-looking stormtroopers slowly move through a bustling crowd of aliens in a industrial city.

Literally just that single shot tells you everything you need to know about that planet visually, without needing any exposition. To me this whole movie was the same. What did you want, a conversation about what the Empire did wrong and how it was bad? What Galen believed then, what he believes now? How did you not get that from what was shown in the film?

I feel the people complaining about this movie being too basic are actually asking it to tell not show much more than it actually did.

I mean, you question the point of Forest Whitaker's character but he was basically a personification of the planet he was on. How did you not get that, just from seeing what we saw of Jeddah and what we saw of him? I' not even gonna comment on the "liberal fanfiction" thing here.

The beginning is terrible but the ending is 100% kinography.

Overall it's way better than TFA.

Yes. From a VFX standpoint it's the most impressive film in the franchise, and there is some really interesting cinematography as well. Characters may be a little half baked but it's 100% worth seeing, especially if you're a big fan of the franchise.

It has great cinematography and FX.

It's very enjoyable as Fan Service.

But as an actual film it's, at very best, mediocre. Similar to The Force Awakens, I guess. If you liked that, you'll probably like this.