Top kek Stephen Colbert literally quotes Neutral Milk Hotel to Jerry in this episode at 11:11. Are they mainstream now?

top kek Stephen Colbert literally quotes Neutral Milk Hotel to Jerry in this episode at 11:11. Are they mainstream now?

dailymotion.com/video/x2xggbx

(((THEY KNOW)))

>Jerry trying so fucking hard not to roll his eyes on camera

>hes got a song
hmmmm

he basically does

Because why doesnt he just say the one line he was interested in, instead of that whole verse

Theatre Kids would Never Compromise their "Performance" for the sake of brevity.

Also you guys should check out that "create a band from a band name" thread, a lot of thought goes into your descriptions while you enjoy the creativity of the process.

exactly. plus out of context the lyrics do seem a bit pretentious. jeff sings them so earnestly that they don't have the same tone in the song though.

somehow colbert saying it makes it seem bad

>With your dark brother wrapped in white
>Says it was good to be alive
>But now he rides a comet's flame
>And won't be coming back again
>The Earth looks better from a star
>That's right above from where you are
>He didn't mean to make you cry
>With sparks that ring and bullets fly
>On empty rings around your heart
>The world just screams and falls apart
>And here's where your mother sleeps
>And here is the room where your brothers were born
>Indentations in the sheets
>Where their bodies once moved but don't move anymore
his two brothers and father died in a car crash. I can see how we connects to these lyrics

based colbert

i'd love to see footage of stephen reciting the whole song as jerry winces and sips coffee

Thats a kek from me.

>his two brothers and father died in a car crash. I can see how we connects to these lyrics

i didn't know that. they really are beautiful lyrics

oops it was a plane crash

Thats >implying Jerry acting all in pain at anything that is lame is not pretencious seeming itself.

Colbert closed out the final episode of The Report with Holland, 1945

that's a genuinely good point user. i like that idea (i'm not being sarcastic).

maybe it is true that being embarrassed or having to avoid any hint of sentimentality or earnestness is more pretentious in a way than just accepting the fact that sometimes we need to hear beautiful and thoughtful things. i hope the age of ironic detachment is short-lived.

why did you make me watch that

:)

I agree with this, Colbert had lost him from the band name alone tho, it really didn't matter what he would've said after.

yeah if i were colbert i would have just say "i heard these lyrics once" and then just said that one line. jerry didn't have to do that whole "ughhhhh" thing though. sure, it's (supposed to be) a comedy show, but you can have a minute of earnestness

The insufferably aloof girl in Parks and Recreation lists NMH as her favorite band. Also, every sadboi in my highschool knew about this band by the time I had graduated. This album has been super mainstream for years (makes sense too, this fucker's catchy).

That's really sad. I remember reading years ago that he liked NMH (I think a fan asked him what music he liked before a show) and his daughter had introduced them to him, but I had never made that connection before.

I prefer comedians on skateboards getting falafel

Jeff is Jewish you know.

Reminds me of the DFW quote "How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words".

ahahahahahahahaha
NMH confirmed numalecore

>and I really idea of semen staining the mountain tops

uhh... ok..