ITT: Artists that only a complete fucking idiot would dismiss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lY2ieQ7paA
youtube.com/watch?v=ErU7Pih5zYo
youtu.be/k15pVegwe-o
youtube.com/watch?v=aRqkF-TBKdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you have to ruin the thread so fast

I'm gonna break when he passes away. I hope he puts out one last record but he doesn't need to.

what is his best album and why is it blood money? criminally underrated

Any

Where is my Nick cave collab. Also I'm throwing nc into this thread

best pleb filter in all of history

>Not Bruce Springsteen

Polly Harvey

I love BM but Real Gone is my shit

Fuck me she was hot, have anymore?

>not Bowie yet

Stuck on my phone atm
Mid 90s PJ was the best

Is Swordfishtrombones contrarian? I just really love it

Swordfishtrombones is probably the most regular answer desu. And I'd agree.
Although I'm really enjoying Orphans and Real Gone these days too.

im more of a fun of bone machine than any others. hes the most consistent musician ever though, and id never turn off anything he has put out

I know it's pretty mainstream but I absolutely love the gigantic soundscapes the OG3 of Pic Related created with the Debut Shoot.

Oh ok, I don't know shit about the consensus on him
Frank's Wild Years is good as shit too, opener gets stuck in my head all the time

His most popular was always Rain Dogs, with Mule Variations decently close behind! I feel like all the old music heads at least had a copy of Rain Dogs just for the cred.

Liars. Definitely Liars.

The Beatles

>Soyboys: His lyrics are cringe!

the Joy Division

what is he waiting for?

90s PJ is my waifu

He's waiting for his pet Emu accesories

Poor old Rod.

youtube.com/watch?v=2lY2ieQ7paA

Guess what I'm a complete idiot.

I like Nico and John Cale, but Velvet Underground have never clicked with me. What am I doing wrong?

listen to more music and then come back to it later

Don't have an artist pic, so here.

I love how any pic in which Trent looks like shit could be from 1999 or after 2016.

I'm going back
Of course I am
As if I ever had a choice

There's an entire book called "The Beatles: Extraordinary Plagiarists" based on an actual quote from Paul McCartney.

check out his live album glitter and doom. been listening to it for a few years now and I'm obsessed. can't get enough of it. almost every song on the live album is more interesting than the original album version. it'll always be in my top 3 Tom waits records.

1. Blood Money
2. Glitter & Doom
3. Alice
4. Bone Machine
5. Rain Dogs

Did Meathead finally get to talk to Trent?

fpbp

COOOLLOSSSSAAALLL GIIIIRLLLLL

>muh whiny acoustic tunes

every one of these artists sounds the same

unironically this, Newman is great

Literally every album is good by Tom. His best is probably Franks Wild Years, but Rain Dogs will always be my favorite. Top 10 albums of all time for me

Real Gone is great it has some duds but as a whole I think its great

Ahahahahahaa oh nonono

Springsteen is garbage

Only a real pleb would dismiss Springsteen
You'll learn to appreciate him when you get older

Untill then, you're an actual plebian

not him but is this like Nebraska? I really liked that album

Only the lyrics are similar in the sense that its about depression and low points.

Honestly if you like Nebraska then you need to hear all of his 8 first albums.

If you want acoustic Bruce then listen to The Ghost of Tom Joad and Devils & Dust.

Also check out We Shall Overcome. It's filled with folk music.

Tom Waits is cheesy as fuck and appeals to teenage girls who think they are different.

Woah hot take

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=ErU7Pih5zYo

Liars were probably the best rock band of the 2000s.

Nine Inch Nails fans tend to not know anything about music(they also tend to be children, but that's another matter). The closest Reznor ever came to making a decent record was on The Downward Spiral, and even with that one the production was like 90% of the appeal

The Fragile belongs in a bargain bin next to a stack of Bush and Sneaker Pimps CDs. Tacky, instantly dated piece of alternative radio shit.

I saw Tom Waits in 1999. There were absolutely no teenage girls in the audience. Just mostly weirdo males ages 30-60

Nice try though

>I saw Tom Waits in 1999
Congrats on being a fag

Isn;t there a Lil Peep thread you should be in?

>The Fragile belongs in a bargain bin next to a stack of Bush and Sneaker Pimps CDs. Tacky, instantly dated piece of alternative radio shit.
Nice attempt at a bait, I'll give you that much.

Trent has been looking recently getting that "shitty fucked up" look back, he's been wearing really weary clothing recently on tours, and I guess that beard helps that "broken messy" look, it suits the band.

The most charitable way to describe The Fragile would be to call it a (very) poor man's Kid A(which is pretty unfortunate since Kid A was in itself a rockist poor man's amalgam of Warp Records). It's got the same aspirations and goals of (very quaint, very corny, very Y2K) futurism, reinvention and critical "respectability", but since Trent Reznor's emotional and intellectual development pretty much stopped when he turned 16 he ended up completely fucking fumbling those goals and just shitting out his own version of the Spawn soundtrack.
It really is music that's only valuable to someone who hasn't listened a lot of music. Are you 15?

>being so infatuated with a band that you analyze the fucking clothes that they wear onstage

Yeah, you're 15.

And it might sound like I'm shitting on Radiohead here but I'm really not. They're very good at what they do I'd much rather have them be a gateway band towards "real music" for 15-year olds than fucking Nine Inch Nails.

>They're very good at what they do I'd much rather have them be a gateway band towards "real music"
Like what kind of real music?

Dick D. James obviously

Oh what real instrument does he play?

Piano
>implying that matters
LMAO this is more honest than Radiohead's entire discography
youtu.be/k15pVegwe-o
If you're concerned with "real" instruments just listen to acapella records

>>implying that matters
Ooops you meant to quote sorry about that!
>LMAO this is more honest
How is that measured?

>Ooops you meant to quote # sorry about that!
What the fuck are you talking about?

That user was the one who brought up real music

Please pay attention

youtube.com/watch?v=aRqkF-TBKdA

>The Fragile belongs in a bargain bin next to a stack of Bush and Sneaker Pimps CDs.

believe me, that's exactly where that album ended up by early 2000

t. had a parttime record store job in college

Rain Dogs > Frank's Wild Years > swordfishtrombones

>t. had a parttime record store job in college
What years?

pic related isn't just limited to King Crimson; Exposure is one of the best albums of the 70s and he's put out terrific soundscapes both solo and with Eno

The fact that her guitar is that low negates your post entirely.

nice try