Who was the first band you ever saw live?

who was the first band you ever saw live?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6n3RaZ1DJJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iron maiden
it was cool

Britney Spears... it was a random thing that I did not plan. It just happened.

AC/DC

Kansas
And the only song I knew was Dust in the Wind

The school "orchestra" my dorky Asian friend played oboe in

some christian shit my mom took me to see

The Wiggles

foo fighters when i was like 11

Red Hot Chili Peppers back in March 2003. All I remember is that The Mars Volta were supporting them. This was months before they released De-Loused in the Comatorium and the audience was full of normies who didn't recognize them from At the Drive-In and everyone thought they were some shitty Led Zep tribute band or something and sat in bemused silence. Also I distinctly remember their name being mispelt on the tickets as "The Max Volta"

the beatles

metallica, chiodos, apocalyptica and scars on broadway at a fest in az. i was like 14, still have the ticket

Rolling Stones in 2005

Even though I like their music the members of TMV seem super douchey, so I find this funny.

Amon Amarth with Sabaton and Skeletonwitch

Nine Inch Nails
>I was 12

The Plasmatics in the winter of 1978 before anybody knew who they were.

They hadn't graduated to blowing up Cadillacs yet, but they smashed TVs, and sawed a guitar in half in the middle of Butcher Baby.

pixies, i was like 6. i distinctly remember kim best staring at me the whole time but not much else
first concert i chose to go to was sparklehorse when i was 12 or so

My friend’s shitty punk band

decrepit birth lol

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds when I was like 6

It was nice

checked

Yung Lean

Probably some local symphony concert. A lot of my elementary school field trips were to city symphony concerts.

Was this during some crappy school talent show?

Muse. And my second concert was also muse. I thought they would actually be my first 3 concerts, but I started disliking them rihght after

the black keys

limp bizkit

Machine Head opening for Slipknot

Most patrician thing ive read here

Michael Bublé

Frank T in Spain. I was 17.

Reel Big Fish

They were my first album i ever bought (Enema of the state) but sadly not my first concert.

I can't even remember my first concert cause my dads been taking me to them since i was little.
I've met Sammy Mayfield on numerous occasions. Met and have a picture with Hugh Masekela after a concert when i was like 8 or 9.
The first concert i went to by myself was These guys.

>rap concerts

actually it was blink back in 2004

Boris and Sunn O))) in I think 2007?

I saw a Supertramp cover band in Portugal in 2006. But if a cover band doesn't count I saw the Dropkick Murphy's in Boston in 2007

I saw three Linkin Park shows when I was younger and edgy

I had fun back then and it made me sad when Chester necked himself

Kiss

Rage Against the Machine in the UK for that one gig they did after they got the christmas number 1

I was like 13, lol

>2009 was 9 years ago

CAKE at an outdoor venue. shit was tight.

Green Day right after American Idiot came out. I was like 12.

Tfw the 2020s will essentially be my last chance to attain relevancy as a musician/artist.

if you aren't connect to someone with money/power your chances are already zero

huh. i don't even know.

Peter Frampton at the Fair. My Dad put me on his shoulders and took me to the front. It was pretty fucking cool as a little guy.

dead & co
it was really smoky, dont remember why
cue laughtrack

CKY

You've never even heard of them.

Iron Maiden in 2005

pretty nice show

Goblin. It was a showing of Suspiria where the soundtrack was played live.

But the first normal show I ever saw was Neutral Milk Hotel.

Battles
It was OK. Someone through a cup onstage halfway through Atlas and Dave went into a rant about how the guy who threw it was a piece of shit

Which tour?

I saw Pearl Jam when I was 11 and it was so fucking loud my virgin ears couldn't stand it. Didn't help that Pearl Jam plays like 3.5 hour shows.

some bulgarian rock band

Children of Bodom and In Flames

Was that in Manchester a couple of years ago?

Yeah

Motorhead when I was only 12, I saw them every year they toured until Lemmy's passing.

red jumpsuit apparatus at house of blues orlando. i got LITTY

I remember it being like a teacher scolding a class. Then they blew through The Yabba and bailed immediately.

Volbeat I think?

Swans
I live in a super rural area, was in SF for uniand saw them as my first live show last year
was heavenly

threat signal sucks anyway.

Same. I was 16 though

beach boys at the shoreline early 90's, one of my first actual memories desu

w/ hot hot heat and weezer? i saw that shit in 8th grade.

The Click Five back in 2006. I was 14 at the time and saw them with the original lead singer. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them again if the band were still around. >_>

First international (I'm not american) artist I saw was Eminem back in 2010, I was 17 at the time.

Sigur Ros

The first I chose myself was Sunn 0))) and Earth in 2006. I was 13-14.

Mine was Smash Mouth at a state fair in 2016
They were a free show and everyone there was just there for All Star.
They were fun and full of energy, dispite 95% of the people being there for their last song and only it.

Lamb of God.
Technically I saw Chimaira first because they were the support act.

I saw my friends cover our favorite song in high school. Thank god I recorded it.

youtu.be/6n3RaZ1DJJo

Yes and Asia in 09 when I was 12 with my dad and brother. It was nice to see Chris Squire play before he passed. Steve Howe played not only for both bands but he also had a mini solo set inbetween the two.

Where and when? I've seen those guys probably fifteen times.

I saw The Pink Floyd Experience (this Pink Floyd tribute band that did the whole light show thing and cool projector stuff). I think I was 11.

Saw Toby Mac for free. It was that day I realized I needed an mp3 to escape Christian music forever.

LCD Soundsystem forever ago.

SOAD when I was 12

The Dead in 2003

Maybe Andy Shauf, was really nice
Part of a festival, my first festival if you couldn't tell

Same here man.

Bring Me the Horizon in 2009
My friend had a spare ticket and I knew a handful of songs so I thought fuck it.

>tfw +44 were playing near/on my 13th birthday and parents refused to let me go

I saw Gorillaz for the Plastic Beach tour when they played in Toronto

I was only 11 and had to wake up for school the next morning. It was also the first time I smelt weed smoke

Godspeed You Black Emperor back in 2016. Show was great, definitely a band that was meant to be heard live.

im deadass

Yes and Styx. Than a week after Bob Dylan. I loves Yes and Dylan and must say Styx plays an awesome live show

Not counting High School Marching Bands and shit like that it was this thing called Pokemon Symphonic Evolution where an orchestra played Pokemon music for a couple hours

The first concert I choose to go to was this Rolling Stones Tribute band that played at my high school. I was surprised they let them play a few songs(example: Brown Sugar).

>Paul McCartney
>April 11, 2002

Incredible show. He fucked up the lyrics to Yesterday and laughed it off.

A bunch of no name bands like 8 or 9 years ago.

Third Eye Blind was my first actual concert. This was in 2013 when their discography was only 25% shit.

haha check em

How come Damon Albarn isn't front and center? Isn't it his band?

the doobie brothers & steve miller band

Artis the Spoonman in 1997.

I wondered off during the show and a bakery employee gave me a wad of dough.

Not counting Christian bands, and the band that played at a local restaurant when I was a kid it was Neutral Milk Hotel in 97

green day in 2006

Tragically Hip