Movies that changed your life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=-VZ074cg0Gg&list=PLI8mZBL421ZePW3bjIBAIsIZamkqX7xMk&index=18
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unironically this. After so many Marvel shitty films, this one reminded me of the good capeshit of old, like Spiderman, Blade and Constantine.

I was barely 15

>#WHOWILLWIN

I wouldn't say it changed my life. I did think it was great

I think you're a marlelcuck false flagging but the extended cut is better than anything in the MCU

I started acting like the Joker after I saw TDK

I used to be a naive fool, but that movie really showed me the world for what it is. Now I spend my days sowing chaos and exposing the hypocrisy of so-called "civilized" society.

>not following the true role model

>Constantine

You're alright user

>muh marvel

>Return of the Jedi

I now speak like Emperor Sheev for real but using his lines in everyday situations.

The movie itself didn't. The following threads on this shithole dissecting it did.

Ive read plato (apology) as a result of someone drawing parallels with bvs

I love this movie so much. It reminded me that comic books and the movies about them can be more than simple entertainment and escapism. They can show us pictures of better worlds and challenge us to be the sort of people that make them possible.

I don't know who is memeing who anymore

It's not a meme.

It clearly is or you have terrible taste

>muh marvel
>posts captain cuck

She lost.

I fucking love BvS, specifically the Ultimate Edition.

Do you remember when comic book stories used to have very intentional allegories built into them? That's what this has. It's creatively done and incredibly relevant to what's going on in the world today.

If you can't see it, I'm sorry. Maybe someday you will.

I dont read comics so I wouldn't know. Doesnt change the fact that bvs plot was all over the place and made no sense.

Sure it does. People just don't expect to have to think outside what's shown to understand a cape movie. If people demanded the same level of transparency from something like, say, "The Prestige," they'd say it didn't make sense either.

But if your mind's made up, no amount of talking on my part's going to change your mind. Sorry you didn't like it. I did.

Please don't bully the numales. Their cinematic knowledge only goes to imdb and letterboxd

>yfw you realize Lex created their logos for them

People go to capeshit to have *whisper it* fun. Its aimed at children so its incredibly obnoxious to then proceed to batter them with dark and edgy symbolism

Marvel understands its audience, dc simply doesn't

The DC fans have never been vulnerable to bullying. Notice how I don't have to rely on attacking someone's subjective taste(or absence thereof) to make my points?

I've probably watched and forgotten more movies than you've even seen, which is only reasonable considering I'm most likely somewhere in the neighborhood of twice your age. I'm one of the outlier oldfags of this board.

I'm DC's audience. If you don't like them, that's no skin off my back.

Unironically this was the warning sign that says that Hollywood will fucking die

Good fucking riddance you kike propagandists

>subjective taste
As you can see these imdboxd buffs true nature always comes out. He will as always try and save face with a flowery post, but their real ideals are always illuminated.

>I've probably watched and forgotten more movies than you've even seen

Typical DCuck superiority delusion. If you enjoyed it thats fine dont go making shitty threads lauding its merits because im going to call you out. Everytime.

Exactly, and people insist that it means nothing, because that's how lazy most people are.

It's interesting to me how BvS is sort of like a mirror, the people who call it shallow, meaningless, dark, edgy, joyless, etc. actually end up revealing a lot more about themselves than they even realize.

In any event, I'm out. I said all I have any intention of saying. Those who like it know why; those that don't seem to have too little intelligence and intellectual courage to engage in any sort of reasoned exchange of opinions in the first place, and I have no intention of wasting my time with them.

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

-Matthew 10:14

I rest my case.

>I rest my case.
>subjective taste
Continue to post your garbage images which for some reason include you in the cap while calling others quote unquote "superbros", but know this
Your grey areas have been illuminated and your age is clearly lower than 25

I watched Jimmy Carter's inauguration with my babysitter at the age of 5.

Taste *is* subjective; virtuosity and technical proficiency are not. Interestingly, your image from highlights some of the very things fans of these films point out and you continue to handwave away as "coincidence."

And the irony of you calling out anyone else as falsely superior is palpable.

Its tgis false sense of superiority that really pisses me off. Bvs is capeshit just as civil war but marvel fans dont act like fucking douchebags

>I-I'm shitposting this isn't a shill thread at all

You want to know what's really funny? I like the MCU films, too, just for the mindless escapist fun they're intended to be. That doesn't mean that's all a comic book movie can be, and I appreciate MoS and BvS for having more thought-provoking fare to offer.

A false sense of superiority is insisting there's some nonexistent equivalence between the two out of some need to elevate yourself above us "proles" worshiping our "capeshit."

If your definition of fun is bad jokes, quips, recycled material and weak storylines then good for you.

You are really annoying to talk to...

> just for the mindless escapist fun they're intended to be

Its what all capeshit is meant to be. No exception. It pointless to elevate a material that can never be taken seriously because its very existence is childish

Its a better formula than paper thin symbolism, dark and edgy themes and dialogue that goes over peoples heads.

Capeshit is meant to be escapist fun thats literally the reason for their existence

youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60&t=5s

She lost.

DChads had to spoonfeed the whole movie to the plebs. Everyone should lift more.

Benjamin is cuck to be sure, but let's not needlessly insult all women by calling him a girl too.

There is no medium that is inherently vapid. You only reveal your own unwarranted elitism and vacuity by insisting otherwise.

You're not annoying to talk to, only boring, predictable, and ultimately a waste of my and anyone else's time. "Period. No exception." It's pointless entering into a discussion with someone whose entire stance is based on such childish and poorly considered preconceptions.

So. Bye.

She lost.

Im probably in a better shape than you are

You literally said nothing of value. sincerely, go fuck yourself

BvS and MoS were more fun for me though. Prettier visuals that give me eye candy, better choreographed action scene, and more relatable characters

God-tier OST, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=-VZ074cg0Gg&list=PLI8mZBL421ZePW3bjIBAIsIZamkqX7xMk&index=18

I'll give you the visuals and the soundtrack but these are all superficial. The story and plot was dog shit

What was Lex's plan?

Thats what i mean. Nothing made sense

I'd put the pieces together for you, but you'd just call it "headcanon," regardless of how well it fits with everything we're shown and everything his character's always been about.

Here's a tip - the personalized file folders are the last hint we get.

oh hey, its islam guy

hey islam guy

Hey one-to-one guy.

You made any headway on "Young Goodman Brown" yet?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This may come as a shock to you, but more than one person other person posts on Sup Forums.

>Take jigsaw puzzles,
>bend over backwards to make them fit.
>add, subtract and supplant pieces to make them fit
>not head canon lol

What did Lex demand from Clark?

Show me where I ignore anything. Anything. You're one of the idiots taking everything Lex says at face value and expecting anyone to think of you as anything other than a retard.

>film has a perfect interpretation
>lel why didn't the villain just explain his plan while twirling his moustache like in my marlel flicks?

Jesus christ

Oh so you're not the guy who insists that everything has to have a one-to-one correlation and everything have universal meaning to all the characters in order for a metaphor to hold?

How can movie change someone life?

The themes behind it.

The reason you've never been able to convince anyone else of your theories as to a higher, much less stable, story structure existing at all in BvS is because you've never really made compelling arguments for such things.

You'll only ever write as much as you feel is convincing, but since you're already convinced, that's no where near enough to convince even people who are the fence, much less people who've already dismissed BvS as a mass of watery ejaculate spun forth from the cock of a very stupid man.

Not to mention another reason you're having so much difficulty trying to convince people of your position is zack snyder himself. As trying to say there's some secret cohesive genius to BvS requires one to absolutely ignore positively everything about zack snyder.

If by that you mean I've taken what very little you've posted and shown how it falls apart almost instantly under any sort of articulation, then yes, I guess I am. Though it has been a while.

Im done playing your silly games.

Bvs was shit anyone who says otherwise is either a troll or worse a retard

This is the problem, you guys aren't open to reasoning. Its obvious the movie has political undertones, its obvious that Lex's plan involved releasing Doomsday and then gathering the Justice League to defeat it and come out as a savior, but you cant accept it. You just follow the "bvs is shit lmao" meme and are completely impervious to reasoning

My question is why do you come to bvs threads to embarrass yourself like this? What do you care?

It gave me a compelling Batman. That is pretty special.

It's not so much a 'what', but rather a why. You have to understand that DC takes much of its writing from mythology. Lex literally spells out about Promethean.

>What was Promethean's plan?
Take the fire (power) from Zeus and give it to mankind.
The thing about that is that Greek Gods represented balance in everything. The majority of the information we have nowadays have been distorted and rewritten. I will take a long shot and guess that you might even believe Lex's story that Prometheus dinddu nuffin wrong. What Prometheus actually did was to give mankind power without balance, without wisdom.

Lex represents unchecked power: the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve a goal. His specific why is father abuse, but that isn't really all that important to the history, what matter is that he DOES it.

One more thing: Prometheus is linked to Hercules in Greek mythology. Hercules whose power was strength way beyond any human. Coincidence? I think not. Hercules is the archetype of the ideal man in Paideia (the pedagogical method used in Ancient Greece). His story was used as a role model to teach children how to behave and live a life respecting people's right to be born, live and die in a respectable manner. This is specially important to explain here because people complain that it's too symbolical for children. Protip: it's not. I am a teacher and my 13 years old students got most of it.

Moreover, Hercules was used as an example of how anyone can be godlike. Despite his absurd strength, none of Hercules's 12 labours was completed through sheer brute force, but rather with a strong character and as a result he gets to become a god after his death and serves as an example of how people should live. You can even see this in BvS where his death inspires both Wonder Woman and Batman to take a moral high road.

Sure, the Hercules-Clark paralels aren't perfect. For further reading, read "Paideia", by Viktor de Salis.

I too found suicide a completely reasonable option after watching BvS
Life changing

Negro, you were quite clearly convinced the movie would be great/brilliant/genius on march 19th, 2016 and everything you've generated since has been rationalizations.

If you have a position, state it. No one is going to follow your mental gymnastics routine.

That's nice.

its still underpants gnome level.

>its still underpants gnome level.
Not American here, user. Can you use plain English for foreigners?

Two different guys here. One talking about Lex's plan, the other talking about the allegory you insist doesn't exist.

Are you even willing to acknowledge Bruce is clearly a stand-in for the post-911 West?

I'm sure you think you're picking this stuff apart, if that's of any consolation.

Negro.

>Are you even willing to acknowledge Bruce is clearly a stand-in for the post-911 West?

That requires ignoring absolutely everything about batman as a character and the west as an entity.

This is why people think you're a retard.

Oldish southpark joke
>step one: collect underpants
>step two: ???
>step three: profit
no one knows what step two is, but they know step three is profit.

Fantastic. A real tour-de-france.

Negro, I'm not the one trying to characterize the west as a plucky underdog.

>asks for a clear explanation
>gets one that is acceptable beyond question
>claims the oposition is doing mental gymnastics
>mfw
Not him, by the way.

Let's get this clear: you don't understand why they went miles to write it? IDK. Maybe because they care about models and things like this.

Not really, but lexs plan is all but spelled out and the political undertones ARE spelled out when batman quotes the 1% doctrine. I guess that according to you that was just random words put together by those """hacks"""" Snyder and Terrio, of course

The movie isnt great, but it is good. I won't ever defend the Martha moment, I think it was rushed and all aroubd poor resolution, and I wont ever defend Suicide Squad of course. But BvS and MoS have some of the best moments in all capeshit and are the most ambitious, boldest movies of the decade

>lex's plan is to release doomsday and assemble justice league and be hero!

>releases doomsday before hes even had contact with any metahuman other than superman

>by all evidence, all metahumans are hostile towards lex.

This theory falls apart instantly.

It is essentially random to have "regular dude with money fighting against massive abstract concepts" quote someone from the dubya administration.

>Bruce's intro plays out from his point of view as him rushing toward the destruction, standing in the midst of the crowd and witnessing the plane strike, then seeing the building fall.

>In the aftermath, he does the following:

>1) embraces torture, branding "undesirables," and turning a blind eye to their fates.

>2) lies about concerns of a WMD being brought into the country to justify his brutality

>3) justifies his "war" against Superman citing the potential threat he represents

>4) refers to Superman as "the alien with the power to burn it all down."

>5) Allows his obsessions and fears to blind him to reality and makes himself an unwitting pawn of another rich, well-connected billionaire who's heavily wired into the media, the military, and the government, swallows his appeals to paranoia and xenophobia hook, line, and sinker

>6) Literally fucking quotes Dick Cheney to prop up his rationale.

These are the things you insist are coincidence.

Hence .

Negro.

it was great, anyone who says otherwise is a cuck and calls masculinity toxic

>has the intel on all of them
>LITERALLY ask the senator for government support to go forward with the metahuman project

Hahah so crazy right?

1) He literally invited Wonder Woman to his charity dinner.

2) His plan had already gone to shit at the point Doomsday hatched. That happened the instant both Clark and Bruce came out of their fight alive.

That's nice and all, but, it requires one to accept a narrative where the united states of america as an entity with a plan it is woefully underequipped to execute.

And that's just not going to happen for anyone. Other than you.

Negro.

Yeah, because just look how well equipped we were for dealing with the wars we've fought over the last decade. How well is that working out for us?

His plan (implying he ever had one) had gone to shit before he even got access to the kryptonian ship. Not to mention telepathic lois already knew lex was in the kryptonian ship. Thus everyone would know. Thus lex's attempt to pull metahumans together into a justice league (and make huge profits from the merchandising lol!) would've been predicated on the fact they would all have known doomsday was his doing.

What do you think happens to Lois in the scenario where either Clark or Bruce is dead? Are you stupid or just willfully obtuse?

What do you think was going to happen to Martha, for that matter?

So how many countries does batman invade, neutralize, and reform in the comics?

Literally Bush administration tbqh

What happens if your mother and father never meet?

You're also implying lois is ever in danger at any point in the movie. There isn't even a hint of that. Lex doesn't even seem aware she exists.

Superman in The Dark Knight Returns (same character)

That's the point, fucktard. Learn what an allegory is before you jump into these discussions with such smug overconfidence.

How many arms does Superman rip off bow-wielding vigilantes in the comis? How many wars does he fight for the U.S.?

Christ.

Only if you accept the narrative the purpose of the iraqi invasion was liberation.

In which case you might literally be retarded.

>Lex doesn't even seem aware she exists.

Yeah, I guess that's why he has men tailing her most of the movie.

>superman
>batman
>same character

this doesn't work on any level

Superman representing the US/west works very well. As that's basically the foundation of the character. TDKReturns being about the slow well meaning corruption of all three for well meaning reasons and needing to be stopped by people woefully under-equipped for the task (batman).

Trying to swap this is just silly.

So now we're into why the extended version was even worse than the theatrical.

So lex has men tailing lois the entire movie. Lois is all about investigating what really happened in africa. Has one of lex's bullets. Can link bullets to lexcorp. Hows she not dead?

You're just throwing bullshit into plotholes in desperate attempt to fill them. But plotholes have no bottom.

It can't be silly, because according to you, it doesn't even exist.

Or are you now willing to concede the possibility that it's both present and intentional?

The narrative was to liberate Irak yes, are you too young to remember or what