Why is the 50s underrated on this board?

Why is the 50s underrated on this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pehihWNMgMY
youtube.com/watch?v=57OOVg9l_a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literal commercial pop trash. why on fucking earth would you think that we would endorse this garbage? take your nostalgia-soaked ass and fuck off.

youth bias from the normie crowd + almost no 1950s popular music had experimental elements when Sup Forums typically favors that

This board is run by millennials and those millennials crave being the Gen X proto-hipsters of the 90s with boring indie stuff like Neutral Milk Hotel.

I rarely ever hear people talking about Neutral Milk Hotel on here anymore. And when I do, they're almost always shitposting.

ewww... I don't

Most of what I listen to falls under "rock," but if I had the same taste I do now, back in the 1950s, I would probably be a jazz/folk/blues purist, and think rock was shitty children's music.

youtube.com/watch?v=pehihWNMgMY
retard

We're only here for the little pictures

back in the 50s rock n roll was the experimental music

Because most pop music pre-1964 was pretty creatively bankrupt.

This is fucking stupid

lol no

we weren't alive to hear it

>literally a new genre
>not experimental
just cause rock has evolved and everything sounds dated now doesnt mean rock n roll wasnt the experimental music of the time. Not much experimentation happened in 50s pop music so the little it got from a new genre was really all it had

It wasn't a new genre, it was a gradual amalgamation of older sounds that piece by piece created a vague new sound, nibba

That's not what experimenting is, it's just playing rnb with distorted guitar, that's like calling hardcore punk experimental in the late 70s because it was new. It scarcely challenges the boundaries of music at all. It even adheres to pop song structures.

Fuck off retard!

>it wanst a new genre
yes it was
if you're going by that logic no genre is new
Rap is just a breakdown of RnB with no singing and sampling
tell me when distorted guitar was used in pop music in a wide manner before the 50s. that WAS the experimentation then cause it was new. What did they have in the 40s? Nothing but traditional pop singers, hillbilly music, and black music

>it's just playing rnb with distorted guitar

Literally disprove me wrong you idiot
So Joy Division using delay in 1979 = experimental music? Top fucking kek! Anything will please you

Listen here, there is a difference between minor progression in pop music and genuine experimental art music. Learn some!

>minor progression in pop music
distortion was a huge change in music m8 that made literally everything that came after it possible
>but it's not loud dissonant garbage or spacey shit so it's not experimental
think back to the musical landscape at the time, it's relative. and of course Joy Division using delay in 1979 wasnt experimental, plenty of bands used it before them

>>minor progression in pop music
>distortion was a huge change in music m8 that made literally everything that came after it possible
That still doesn't make it experimental music mate, It's pop music

that's the parameter I've been going with
it's experimental for pop music
this entire thread is talking about pop music, not musique concrete or whatever

Dude just forget about this guy, he's clearly a fucking retard who doesn't know what he's talking about

every recording i've heard from the 50's sounds like absolute ass, so there's something to consider

you are only further proving my point

youtube.com/watch?v=57OOVg9l_a0

not the best music ever but the audio quality is objectively good

This board is very albums focused, the 50s were not...its also why genres that aren't album-focused get less attention

>Cage, Stockhausen, Xenakis, Moondog, etc.
>B-but Chuck Berry was the experimental music of the 50's
Kill yourself

I don't think you know what 50's music is, because you have to go a few decades further back to get the bad sound quality but by that point it just adds character to the music and can be a good thing

50's stuff may as well have been recorded yesterday

stupid over arching generalization from frog poster...enjoy your ground breaking trap beats

this lol

go away boomer

enjoy your cupcakkes

love music from the 50s

born-in-the-right-generation millenials need to be genocided asap

No thanks sweetie ;)

1) This board doesn't care about jazz or country which thrived in the 50s.
2) This board doesn't care about rock music unless it's experimental.
3) This board is obsessed with albums being cohesive and artful.
4) This board is obsessed with tortured artist lore which the 50s had little to none of.
5) This board is fucking garbage.

Because bebop and blues were the only good genres at the time and most plebs here can't into either.

>this board is run by people in the ages 18-35
I would certainly fucking hope so, but I fear it's more like 14-17.