What is the point of paying to actors for starring in big, obviously career-boosting movies?

What is the point of paying to actors for starring in big, obviously career-boosting movies?
Like, if Felicity Jones was told that she'd get 50$ and a ride home for a lead actress role in Rogue One, would she really refuse?

What is the point of you, m8?

They don't, that's why Disney cast relatively cheap actors and lock them in contracts.

Daisy Ridley and Boyega are being paid bare minimum according to guild contract

Felicity Jones before this wasn't a huge A lister by any means, it's not like they got JLaw or ScarJo

She probably put more hours of work into Rogue One than the total hours you've worked in your entire life :^)

Probably because you can't live on $50 during the whole time you're shooting the film.

>playing pretend
>work

>SW
>career-boosting
dude Mark Hamill had to go voice-acting only because role in SW killed his career. I wonder if he was specifically paid not to star anywhere else for not to ruin SW spergs shit.

>50$ and a ride home

She can ride my dick for free.

serious question, can her teeth be improved by a competent dentist?

you know actors have unions too? SAG (SAG-AFTRA) makes sure actors get paid the appropriate amount

Hamill being a shit actor probably had more to do with that.

Okay, you fucking diva. You get 50$, a ride home, AND a chinese takeaway

Mark Hamill had no career before SW. Considering what a weenie he has he probably wouldn't have either.

They are part of guilds retard that portent then from such shitty contacts. When do this is Disney who gives all their money to Downey. Felicity Jones is starring in this because she's getting paid shitty for it. She's lucky though her contract will be better than the shit that black virgin and Mary sue are on multiple movies.

the real question is, why hire actors when you can just recreate dead ones with CG

Well that's bullshit. Kinda makes me respect K-pop industry, where stars are forced to work 12 hours a day under slave contracts if they wish to be vane and famous

Felicity Jones is not a big actress. Disgusting Brummie too no matter how hard she tries to lose that filth accent.

>Sup Forums respects slavery
why I doesn't make me wonder

Not allowed to have bfs or gfs either

Public ones
They fuck plenty.

Depend on their image. It isn't that different here.

Damn so they all get paid shit yet RDJ makes hundreds a millions from one movie alone?
I don't get Disney.

>slavery
They can quit at any moment

Starring in geek shit will get them big money from comic cons at least.

>JLaw or ScarJo
pure fucking cancer

They really can't.

He was never supposed to be some master thespian, but a movie star. Mark Hamill's career turned out the way it did because he debuted as the next handsome leading man heartthrob but then got his face fucked up in a car accident. It doesn't look so bad now, but back when it first happened it was a much bigger deal, and while he was out of the mix getting his face rebuilt, another dreamboat slid into his spot.

RDJ got in early, got way too popular, and now they literally CAN'T do movies without him. Iron Man is 25% of the reason Marvel films are still popular, he can ask whatever he wants and they'll have to pay

They needed Downey to make it work. Without him in particular being iron man the MCU would have been DOA. Since then they just give him more money so he doesn't want to get involved on the story or production sides of it.

Everyone else can be replaced except him.

And everyone in star wars can be replaced or if not replaced then killed.

RDJ wasn't an A lister when he started with Iron Man

Disney probably learned their mistakes, they wanted someone somewhat famous to kickstart the MCU, RDJ had troubles and Iron Man brought it back

He got a percentage of the movie sales and better contract the next time Iron Man 2 came up.

What dreamboat Hamil always looked too much like a kid I don't buy your story.

SAG is made to restrict anyone from entering the business more than anything else. The reason these big budget actors get paid so much is that they're a cartel that shits on anyone talented who would work for art.

>RDJ wasn't an A lister
Nope. He was always a list he was just way too fucked up to film anything for years.

Union rates mean that actors have to be paid a certain minimum depending on the film's budget
This basically

Holy shit you need to pay to be a member of that shit and it doesn't look that cheap either.

So they HAVE to pay certain rates, even the actors themselves agree to work for free? That seems very un-free market. Can't they just list leading actors as extras and get away with it?

how do you go from this...

I'm not sure what dreamboat specifically, maybe it was Scott Baio, but he never really became a movie star. The point is more about what happened to Hamill than who specifically became the next Tiger Beat pinup. As for his appearance, tastes about that kind of thing change. He was soaking panties back then. He'd already been presented and marketed in a certain way and couldn't make the transition to serious actor or rugged male lead, so any flaw in his face meant the end of his career. And don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing he was some great actor that deserved to go on to critical acclaim and Oscars. But back then actors had to stay in their lane a lot more than today, and when he came out as the pretty face and then got his face mangled, it was the end of him being in front of the camera.

God damn

Yep. For sold of wall Street Jonah The Hill made $36000 because that was legally the lowest amount the studio could pay him after he repeatedly stated he'd do it for free to work with Scorsese.

Wish I had a job where 36k was the bare minimum.

She has that perfect girl next door look. Fucked up teeth make it even better

>So they HAVE to pay certain rates, even the actors themselves agree to work for free?
Yes, to an extent
>Can't they just list leading actors as extras and get away with it?
Sort of. I'm not a lawyer, so I couldn't tell you the legal fumbles with trying to do that

The Player for example only worked because everyone who cameo'd did it for free. Otherwise they reckon it would have cost like $50m more
But in The Wolf Of Wall Street, Jonah Hill wanted the role so badly that he worked for the lowest amount they were legally obliged to pay him (some like $60 grand)

Like I said, I don't know the specifics. It probably depends somewhat on the billing the actor's have in the credits
-SOMEONE has to be down as the lead actor. May as well make it the actual lead I suppose
Also, it's not worth the potential media scandal, nevermind if the actors themselves complain

Don't encourage the jews to jew harder

Probably not, but inexplicably, Star Wars is maybe the worst franchise to kickstart a carreer.
Literally only Harrisord Ford benefitted from it

She looks posh as fuck

>swn nibble your earlobe
;_;

Disney didn't own Marvel when Iron Man came out

This. The Golden rule of Hollywood: Who's got the gold makes the rules.

>iwn nibble hers back

Because it's still a job like any other. You wouldn't work at a company without being paid for a year just because they promise you a promotion afterwords.

That's the world after 2008 for most college grads.

For whom was it supposed to kickstart a career though? Only ones that come to mind are Hamill and Fisher, the rest already had careers.

What a slutty neck

Haydensen, Boyega, Ridley

Very slutty

She is 100x cutier in Inferno but its fucking awful

i want 2 succ

>Haydensen

If the prequels didn't suck then maybe

>Boyega, Ridley

Too early to tell and TFA might've been too derivative to leave a lasting impression

As somebody said, Hamill was a pretty boy who fucked up his face and Fisher was a cokefiend. Ford was the only responsible one.

What's wrong with her lips, though

what is that, a scar?

>lips are so full they are starting to crack and split open

I wonder if she tears off strips with her teeth like I do. Hurts but feels good.