Ok Sup Forums, contrarianism aside, how did you feel when you saw this scene?

Ok Sup Forums, contrarianism aside, how did you feel when you saw this scene?
Were you actually expecting the mouse to allow them to show HAM Vader going Forced Unleashed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Sjqi1qomr8
vid.me/NuAd
a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah I literally thought he'd use the force to stop the escaping ship. Honestly missed opportunity, that would have looked cool as fuck

Forgot link to scene

youtube.com/watch?v=_Sjqi1qomr8

Reminds me of Halo: Reach.

It was fucking amazing in the theater.

It sure took them long enough to make Vader badass again. I hope we get a solo movie of Vader hunting Jedi and shit.

why couldn't they get young carrie fisher to play leia? :^)

>I hope we get a solo movie of Vader hunting Jedi and shit

You mean Episode 3?

No, I said Vader, not emo Anakin. Besides, that shit was far too short.

I think he means "what episode 3 should have been".

1 should have been the introduction and the start of the clone wars

2 should have been the clone wars and anakin's fall

3 should have been unsuited vader hunting the jedi (over the span of a few days, so there would be no time for his face to get broadcast or for anyone to find out that he was Anakin)

Loved the Vader scene, I really didn't like CGI Leia but I get why they went that direction

Honestly, if you switch Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan with Obi-Wan and Anakin, and make the conflict with the Trade Federation the start of the Clone Wars the whole PT would line up perfectly.

>Man the prequels really ruined Yoda by making him fight, thats just a shitty fanser-
>HOLY FUCK VADER KILLS NAMELESS MOOKS SO EBIN :DDDDDD

Liked when Dark Invader showed up. And Princess Lelia at the end. Cool movie

She looks better than Tarkin, and it was brief enough that I didn't really notice in the theater.
How fucking hard is it with all the resources of Disney to find a couple solid look-a-likes, even under practical cosmetics? I know Cushing is a pretty 'unique' looking guy, but come on

I didn't see Vader do any fucking backflips you contrarian shitstain.

They could have used her sorta looks like her daughter, or deaging instead of a double, and that CGI fiasco crap

It's actually the only scene that didn't feel mousey so yes, I liked it. Can't say the same about the rest

too much lightsaber twirling

When he ignited his lightsaber I shouted YES!! like a faggot. In a silent British cinema too. Very embarrassing.

It was perfect. The movie teased the shit out of me. I was in the run up to this drafting in my head the post I was going to make warning others that Vader doesn't in fact massacre all the heroes like we'd been led to believe. Especially when Vader showed up late to the party.

Then Vader turns to the camera winks somehow and goes ape.

Since a stand alone Vader movie is essentially guaranteed I can't wait to see him clean up the last the Jedi. That'll be a wild fucking ride.

People didn't like that about Yoda because he was never presented as a combat type of guy. He was all zen and shit. Not even related.

Exactly. It would help if Anakin was aged up a little bit too. IIRC Hayden Christensen was like 15 or 16 at the time, which would have been fine. Only a couple years younger than Natalie Portman too, so Lucas could have gotten the romance angle started without the pedo vibes.

>Vader never fought in the movies

>de-aging current day Carrie Fisher to play prime princess Leia

kek. She's a shriveled up grandma, the kind of sorcery required to make her young hot and young again doesn't exist outside of CGI.

The problems with Yoda fighting were:

1. It looked silly (little CGI ball bouncing around)
2. Yoda using a lightsaber is just wrong, it feels so out of character

I don't think anyone would have minded if the only Yoda fight scene we got was the second half of his duel with the Emperor, where they're just using the force (throwing those pods at one another, using lightning, etc.). Vader has always been violent, and he doesn't move in a way that's inconsistent with the slightly clunky OT Vader.

Can someone sauce me with pics of webms of Vader unarmored in his bacta tank or his assistant?

Now you've seen the only good part of the movie.
Also
>This is truly A New Hope®

>Since a stand alone Vader movie is essentially guaranteed

What makes you say that?

No you absolute faggot. There's was no twirling at all. He was wielding it in exactly the same single handed style as he did The Empire Strikes Back.

Source: vid.me/NuAd
Visibly no twirling.

Try and think for yourself once in a while and not spout the first contrarian opinion you vaguely remember from another movie.

People who say Yoda using a lightsaber is out of character didn't watch ESB. Using Force powers offensively is out of character for Yoda.

The force battle was cool, the parkour lightsabre fight was pure cancer though

because it would make absolute bank.

The fact that Disney is milking Star Wars for all its worth and Darth Vader is the franchise's most popular character?

In that moment I decided that I hated Star Wars as a franchise. Even the fucking old trilogy.

This old toy-man tossing around puppet-men to show off how "cool" he was in the EPIC ICONIC™ COSTUME with the EPIC ICONIC™ MUSIC in the background and nobody in the theater giving a fuck made me realize how much of a farce Star Wars is.

It's a children's movie series marketed through old neckbeards to sell toys. Our generation just serves as an echo to bring positive Stuckmann reactions so Youtube kids buy the fucking toys.

No, I didn't squee or rejoyce when the extra dressed up as a soldier pretended to be choked and was photoshopped against the ceiling.
That scene meant nothing.
The franchise means nothing.

I like low brow fun.
I didn't have fun. A Bioware game has more depth than this, and Marvel movies are desperately trying to diversify their action scenes, this whole shit felt STALE, OLD and BORING, and full of Michael bay explosions at the same time.

>Using Force powers offensively is out of character for Yoda.

He doesn't use force powers offensively in the scene I'm talking about, though.

>Emperor throws pods at Yoda, and Yoda tosses them aside or sends them right back
>Emperor shoots lightning, Yoda catches it

Granted, if Yoda wasn't capable of doing anything offensive then I'm not sure what his actual plan for the Emperor would have been (lecture him to death?), but still.

Because it would make an absurd amount of money and even cynical anti-disney nostalgiafags like me would go watch it.

Vader is like Batman, guaranteed to make loads of money regardless of the quality of the movie

Anything SW is going to make absolute bank as long as they don't completely shit the bed with the writing. Disney making a movie from the perspective of the villain seems highly unlikely.

I mean at this point I'm starting to wonder if it's even cost efficient to do that anymore. Face-changing CGI is getting so good that it may actually have been cheaper for Disney to just CGI these characters instead of wasting time trying to find someone who will never look as similar to the original as fans want

No, Yoda pushes him with the Force before the lightsaber duel. The pod thing, too. Anyway, I don't see the problem with the lightsaber stuff. Yoda is a Jedi and Jedi prefer to use their sabers instead of the Force. It's part of their philosophy.

But SW has always been a family friendly movie franchize, even moreso now that Disney is in charge and they can't just make a movie about the bad guy going around killing the good guys.

While that's true, a Darth Vader movie would make a lot more money than a Leia movie or a Han Solo movie (I know they're making one). Vader is the face of the franchise.

No more than Disney making a movie where all the main characters are massacred.

Also this Disney movie scene was darker and more brutal than anything in the Original trilogy.

They're not going to turn away from a billion dollar movie in the name of family values. They're going to keep making Star Wars movies until everyones sick of them. Once that happens. They dust Vader off.

You should be dissapointed in yourself for putting so much faith in a franchise that was only ever meant to be fun. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you? You can't be over the age of 18 in how disillusioned you've become over fucking star wars of all movies

Why not? Rogue One ends with all the protags dying painful deaths and Vader butchering a bunch of good guys.

TARKIN MOVIE WHEN

Lol, you'd think, but that guy isn't some strange outlier. Remember the anger over the prequels?

Different times. That was more to do with how people held George Lucas up there with the top auteurs of the 20th century. Completely unjustly.

The prequels got lots of hate. The Matrix sequel got plenty. Ten years later The Hobbits just ge brushed under the carpet.

Yeah like really?

Rogue One just had every single protag blown the fuck up by grenades and nuclear blasts.
Then Vader slaughters rebels amazingly.

My worry was it'd be too family friendly, instead it wasn't and we also got nice stuff about the rebels actually being morally in the wrong a ton, with the murder of the informant and the jedha islamic state.

I think Rogue One shows that Disney are prepared to let Lucasfilm almost do their own thing with the anthology movies
If it makes big bucks they will only encourage it

The saga films yeah I doubt that will get too dark and always stay family friendly

I loved it. Nothing like the out-of-character Flipping Yoda. Perfectly consistent with OT Vader and the Vader solo comic.

Thought his scene with Krennec and "aspirations" line was really forced. I expected that to be the full Vader cameo, so its shittiness ended up making his rampage all the better.

A lot of the dialog and callbacks and some acting was dumb and hacky,

BUT the fact the filmmaker had the BALLS to write the storyline with some artistic integrity and actually show every character in the movie getting brutally killed redeems everything. maybe there was meddling but I think the filmmakers really genuinely tried to make something worthwhile.

and the visuals were off the chain, it was basically an old Kurosawa samurai movie.

This.

Everything I've read has indicated the reshoots made Rogue One darker (by killing everyone). Felicity Jones was signed to a multifilm contract.

Maybe they added some more jokes with K2SO to lighten the mood, but all of those worked for me and everyone in my theater,

Prequels had Sheev using a lightsaber even though he despised them.

How old are you that you're still this upset to find out art (all art) is a commodity. It's all to make a buck.

If you want something different don't whine about, go out and smash capitalism.

It was nice to see Vader killing good guys again. After ANH all he does is choke his own men, its like the only bad thing about ESB and easily remedied by having him waste some rebels on Hoth.

>the highest jedi master
>using a light saber

>feels wrong.

I fucking loved the aspirations line tho.

There's no source that said he despised them, just that he didn't usually need one. In fact, he liked to use sabers to humiliate Jedi he fought.

Entire point of Yoda was to show that Jedi aren't about the physical. Hes a tiny green frog because he isn't going to get into sword fights. Making him pull out a sword and fight Christopher Lee looks ridiculous because hes absolutely not designed to be in scene like that, they're the antithesis of his character. He's a little old mystic whos there to teach about spiritual magics and placing faith in that instead of hitting things with glowsticks.

So when he starts leaping around and screaming, its fucking hysterical.

To be honest I felt this way even at 14 or whatever when AOTC came out.

Yoda is strong in the force he wouldn't need to fight and he's 900 years old. Fencing is exhausting let alone parkour.

Worst part of the prequels in my opinion and I genuinely quite like them.

This.

Yoda just having a force battle with dooku would've been amazing.

Not even visually stunning, just have their hands out-stretched and no movement aside from the ground cracking around them.

>Count Dooku: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

>introducing new pointless characters for a pointless episode and making them all die at the end is ballsy

When will this meme die?

Is this a joke?

I thought it was cool but too short. Also I think it would have been possibly even more impressive if he had not even taken out his lightsaber, instead using just force to take them out.

When the underaged shills leave.

That wasn't Vader going Force Unleashed. It was Vader going Soul Calibur 4!

>That was more to do with how people held George Lucas up there with the top auteurs of the 20th century. Completely unjustly.

Christ, I almost forgot about that. He'd still be up there with Spielberg in people's imaginations if he hadn't fucked up the prequels so badly.

Fucking awesome. Best highlight of the movie, they saved the best for last. 10/10 based Gilroy/Edwards, not even joking.

The scene would have been a thousand times more dramatic if it was Vader's only appearance in the entire movie.

The volcano planet scene was completely unnessary and shitty. It should've been cut.

>Disney blocked it

too late mickey mouse

This scene is pretty much akin to the prequels and all of the fanboys who want star wars to be nothing but lightsaber fights.

>ITS A STAR WARS MOVIE, WE NEED TO HAVE LIGHTSABERS GUYS

holy fuck what were they thinking

>I hope we get a solo movie of Vader hunting Jedi and shit

I really fucking hate Star Wars fans. So much

Silly goy, wait until we get to you.

Post fight webms niggas

I was in no way expecting this to be so violent. AMAZING SCENE.

I hope we get an R Rated extended edition but I doubt it :/

>Vader slicing his lightsaber through that rebel's chest and door
YESS

Big stupid smile. It was pretty much perfect as a way to show why he's so terrifying.

Today the part of Darth Vader will be played by Jason Fucking Voorhees.

No, as a qualified fencing judge (what an autist) I don't see any 'twirling' whatsoever.

Anakin is the worst for it in the prequels and as far as choreography goes there's no echo of his former style whatsoever.

>Vader carelessly brushing aside the door several men have been hauling at for the whole scene.
so dope.

>and the visuals were off the chain, it was basically an old Kurosawa samurai movie.

The ragtag motley crue of Rogue One gave me a bit of a Journey to the West vibe. Probably just comes from the two asian-played characters.

Me too. It's that kind of obvious nostalgic nod that I love and that this movie's filled with.

Too many quick cuts from the violence that wouldn't be there if Zack Snyder directed the scene. Took me right out of the moment.

It's a door you freaks. Calm down. They should've unironically made the scene more dense and dark so it looked like Vader actually cared about getting the plans.

Its pure fan service. Just to be clear fan service is garbage. Its always hamfisted forced tripe, just like these new starwars films.

because the voice actor is gonna be dead soon, I wouldn't be surprised if he already recorded all of his dialogue.

People would consider this blasphemy but I would be totally okay with a soundalike. JEJ really shit the bed in Rogue One. He can't perform to a high level anymore.

I agree. It would have been better if it was his first appearance. We would have heard tarkin say "let Vader deal with them" or whatever he said and then the first shot of him in the movie is him cutting the darkness if that hallway with his lightsaber. Shit would have been even more badass.

>that you still cucked yourself into watching anyway
Thanks for contributing to my six figure salary, dumb NEET goy.

I tip my hat to you, good sir.

I can't stop complaining about the CGI cameos and nonstop references for teh internetz to get a kick out of, but in all honesty I loved this scene.

Watching Darth Vader do whatever the fuck he wanted made up for "hope" completely.

Here you go f a m
a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm

Thank you based user

While I get what your saying, you can't accuse a creator of missing the point of his own creation. Lucas obviously didn't intend on that being the take away from him.

Yeah, that's something about this movie I really appreciated. They actually showed the Rebels doing some pretty fucking questionable shit, it gave them some more depth

>Lucas
>creator

HAH. Yoda is basically Lawrence Kasdan's creation, all George came up with was "mentor that lives in the swamp like in every fairy tale", the actual meat of the character was Kasdan

Honestly, they probably didn't even need the "let vader deal with them" line.

Just have the rebels running through the corridor, lights go out, hear Vader breathing, red lightsaber come on, then go to town as happened in the movie. It would've been a pure kino moment.

This could've been the best SW movie with a little more editing and moral ambiguity from the rebels. As it stands, it somewhere beneath the orignal trilogy but miles ahead of the pure shit that is TFA and the Lucas prequels IMHO.

Disney's doing a lot of focus surveys right now on what standalone movies people want to see next. Since the only interesting options are Obi-Wan and Vader, it stands to reason that we'll see a Vader movie in the future.
Source: took part in survey
If I die it's because Disney snipers got me.

>Everything I've read has indicated the reshoots made Rogue One darker (by killing everyone). Felicity Jones was signed to a multifilm contract.

So the original ending had them all live? How would things wrap up? Just being captured and etc?