This is the "awful" CGI that people are complaining about

This is the "awful" CGI that people are complaining about.
Keep in mind that the bottom image was taken on a cell phone in the theater.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uaz6nxyQA28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Her face looks thinner, but not fat-free thinner, more like it's been crushed in a vice thinner.

No, people are mostly fine with Leia.

THIS is the awful CGI that people are talking about.

nigga I can tell it's CG from the catalog thumbnail

That could have something to do with the angle of the shots.

It's just a tad too smooth. Other than that, I'm impressed.

i feel uncomfortable with the cgi used in this way

face from r1 seems too narrow/long, post different angle from original movie
looks like from ps3 gaem

OP here. I genuinely couldn't tell in theaters, especially since her face is a bit thinner. I just thought they cast a girl who looked a lot like young Carrie Fisher.

It helps that Peter Cushing has such a sharp defined face. That's easier to make in CGI than soft roundness.

In ten, maybe fifteen years we will see kińó with prime Marlon Brando, Christopher Lee and both Gish sister.

Why not just get a look-a-like? I'm sure there are hundreds, white people all look the same

The proper way to do these kind of effects is to hire someone who looks like the actor, apply makeup to help, then use CGI to flesh it all out.

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Uncanny valley is alive and well.

Ah hahahahahaha ohohohohohohoh hahahahahahaha

Nice joke, bottom is a cutscene from Battlefront.

Tarkin was leagues worse than her.
Not a single movement out of place. His posture was perfect, and he performed every single gesture and face emoting with machine-like precision, being exactly at the distance from the camera he needed to be, in the millimiter he needed to be.
When he was standing still, he was completely and utterly immoble.

He look very, very clearly fake. He didn't move like a human. He wasn't filmed like a human.

That's fantastic, and they show her so briefly. Who cares?

Chuckle turns to hmmmmm....ok...
So I guess now I have to see the movie for myself.

Yes.

As a still it looks pretty good.

Seeing it live was fucking completely terrible.

Tarkins was a level above Leia, but Leia legit ruined the Entire movie for me, looked literally like a video game.
Very bad
Surprised they let it in.

It's the epitome of the uncanny valley. It's so so damn close to being right, but just enough is off that your brain rejects it entirely.

Not a star trek fag but looks good to me. But I guess in HD it could be worse.

dunno

inb4 the scorpian king

Its from the movie, and it looks fine.

That looks like a real person to me.

That looks fine, but having her turn directly towards the camera was a mistake.

Why is she checking her cellphone?

isnt the leia actress sill alive?
why didnt she just reprise her role?

Because she's old as shit now.

Definitely thought Leia was worse than Tarkin. Kinda wish they would've avoided showing her face.

She's a woman.

She's holding the deathstar plans that she puts inside R2D2 in A New Hope.

Because is 2017-2 weeks user, everyone is always checking their snapchats xD

This is why you don't go back in a movie saga timeline, all the actors are old and dead. You have to go back further.

>you will never see the true story of how the clone wars forced anakin to do harder and harder things while obi wan tried to stop him

>you will never learn why it is Vader is obsessed with keeping the empire together now it's just all 'lol dark side'

Like Vader is legit disgusted with rebels but they never explain why.

And yet the CGI character was being motion-captured by a live actor.

>I defend multi billion dollar companies for free

Get a life OP

You're kidding me. While uncanny, Tarkin was all but a real character in this movie. The Leia cameo looked dodgy as fuck.

>literally what are lenses

this is a /television & film/ board kiddo

Honestly it's not that bad if it's just one or two shots, but I hear Tarkin is in it quite a bit and that should be worrisome.

I have a feeling in about 10 years, we will look back on this kind of CGI the same way we look back at early video games FMV. This is going to be pure nightmare fuel in a few years

the cgi in antman looked so good, this looks somehow like a prototype

youtube.com/watch?v=uaz6nxyQA28

Holy fuck that's pretty decent
We've come a long way from Patrick Stewart in X-Men 3

Lewd

that's a shitty cam

Just saw this. It was fine I guess, pretty much what I was expecting, but who the fuck edited this film? Did a computer edit it? The intro/ first 15 minutes literally feels like a computer program edited it, completely lifeless

Its incredibly brief. They show Leia from behind and tell her "We've just received a transmission" or something, and one of the men asks "What is it?" and she turns around and says "Hope."
They show her face for like five seconds.

yep, they really didn't need to show him so many times and directly showing his face.

WHY THE LONG FACE LEIA?

Did they grab a sound clip of young Fisher saying that? The idea of seeing these incredibly accurate recreations then hearing the wrong voice come out is disturbing to me.

Yeah, but then it's easier to make a 70 year old man into a 45 year old than an old woman into a 20 year old, I mean Carrie Fisher wasn't even there unlike Kirk Douglas.

Because they actually had Michael Douglas to cgi over.
Here you, webm attached.

why didn't they just get actors who looked like them? ffs they managed to get a guy to look like stephen hawking.

from r2d2s position shouldnt she be facing a different direction in the hologram?

Yes, it's clipped from "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only HOPE"

>Let's make Captain Baldie 20 years older!

What was even the point of that, Stewart looked good for his age back then. Hell he doesn't look too bad now.

I couldn't tell. It's pretty quick. She says that one word, and the credits roll. It happens at the very end.

why are you morons making a huge deal out of this cgi bs. imagine if they went with lookalikes instead. how bout yall just enjoy a movie for once or just kys

I've heard Red Leader and Gold Leader are in this. Are they CGI creations too?

why wasn't carrie used like douglas?
she's not absolutely different, just a bit old and pudgy

Gonna be honest, I didn't notice the cgi until I heard about it after I watched the movie.

*younger

Yes and no. Pretty sure they used old stock footage they never used and made them look better.

Nah they're just archive footage. Not really a point in using CG when there's only like a day between the battles.

The very fact that Disney chose to cgi a white woman rather than make a bold casting choice with a young PoC woman trying to start her career is what we're talking about when we say systemic racism is real.

Princess Leia isn't even real why does it matter that she's white? There are so many young and. daring African American actresses like Leslie Jones and John Boyega that Disney's "progressive" producers could have picked that it shows how far Disney is willing to go to leave black women out of the Star Wars universe. It's appalling and hopefully the next movie can correct this by casting more young and vibrant PoC in future main character roles. I dream of a day when young black children can see a black Luke Skywalker defeat a Latino Darth Vader who used to be Asian Anakin. Why does the race even matter if the story is good? It doesn't.

Don't they even wait until the original actor is dead now?

the close up should've never happened.

Interesting. Is it jarring? I can't imagine cleaning up 40 year old footage to where it's seamless with a modern film.

This. I fucking loved the ending of this film. I didn't know that it was CGI until I got home and read it online. Even now, looking at the pictures and the WebM in this thread, I can't really tell.

Can you imagine what that costs, to cast her for a single word that will sound like an old hag had said it?

Looked like reused footage to me.

it looks fucking creepy as, like some plastic doll with a trapped soul inside. uncanny valley.

21 year old Carrie Fisher died quite a while ago.

Goggity goggity goo

Something about that Carrie Fisher in the Rouge one pic creeps me out.

carrie is too busy doing drugs

You must have glaucoma

I read somewhere they used an actress that looked like her, and added cgi over her. But it wasn't Carrie.

No because they're only seen for split seconds in their cockpits.

You can tell when they zoom in? Enough for it to bother you?

no but i ate some guacamola

She doesn't blink and her eyes don't focus. Also the top half of her face seems to move independent of her mouth sometimes. Tarkin is the same. To convey realism, they have some weird subtle facial spastics going on.

What is she trying to say?

Na was not jarring at all. Only notice if you look for it. But the scene does no linger. you'd need to pause and look at it to see it.

That's bad.

'filming catastrophin arainc emetar living the dream'

anyone fluent in fisher? what do the peace signs mean ?

A shame her daughter doesnt look like her.

Then you're an idiot or a shill.

Usually you notice flaws more in motion so I am not sure a picture can convey this stuff.
Not saying it actually looks bad but stills prove nothing.

who is that semen demon with the red hair?

shitting on people who use emojis

Filming Catastrophy in a rainy cemetary living the dream

peace signs are y

>arainc emetar
a rainy cemetary

I had forgotten about her pet frenchie with a speech disorder

I lost it so much when she was on conan

I literally couldn't tell when I was watching the movie.
>inb4 Shill

It's code only Gary can read

Wait, that guy was cg too?

Everything was fine till she starts moving her mouth.

>watching camcordings

Really?

Fucking really?

Bullshit buddy my 10 year old even clocked it

this.

>watch a camcorded movie made by the mexican version of michael j fox
>complain about the CGI quality

Underrated post.

Did you think they went back in time to film the scene or something? How did you not know it was CGI?