Will it redeem the series?

Will it redeem the series?

It all depends.....I'd say yes if it can create a new story instead of rehashing an old one.

And even more importantly, if it can convey a serious feeling of dread that the first three did.

well, the first in the series was stupendously the good...everything else has been awful.
So to sum up...i give not a shit.

No it will be shit and it should not be released under the Alien name. Scott is a hack and out of touch.

I hope this failure will lead to a reappropiation of Alien3 and Resurrection.

>implying

Yes. We can trust based Ridley to deliver a fresh take on the film series he conceived. Prometheus was him dipping his toes into the water; this is him going all out. "Run".

WHEN THE FUCK DO WE GET THE TRAILER THOSE ASSHOLES SAW 3 WEEKS AGO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>We can trust based Ridley
No you can't

Scott only made three good movies (Alien, Gladiator and A Good Year), everything else he made is pure shit. His fans are full of shit. He's no match to his brother Tony (RIP)

Yes. We can trust based Lucas to deliver a fresh take on the film series he conceived. Phantom Menace was him dipping his toes into the water; this is him going all out. "Attack".

If it fixes Prometheus then it's a good start

it won't because ridley is a hack

Fuck you

Blade Runner is a fucking masterpiece

Prometheus already did that but everyone is too caught up in their autistic reddit critics to realize this.

>a good year

>tfw Prometheus is to me what AvP is to everyone else.

I'm just excited to get another movie. If its good, awesome. If it sucks, the originals are still here.

Either way I get more statues toys and merch to deck out my alien man cave.

Never realized this guy was in the mural.

B-b-but, muh space jockey!

Danny McBride and Jame Franco are in it, so you tell me what your expectations are

>Same characters from Prometheus

Nah.

Is Sup Forums prepared for the kinomorph?

Blade Runner was a misguided mess and a disgrace to Philip K. Dick's excellent novel

>It's literally a dick+balls with grapplers

I would like the movie to focus on Ripley's cat

Doesn't need redemption. In my eyes at least.

What's the best Alien film and why is it Ressurrection?

>prime Winona Ryder
>healthy dose of dark humour
>not as self-important as Cameron's or Fincher's attempts
>flawless cinematography
>basically a French arthouse film (KINO)

Aliens aren't scary

Nice meme, bro!

>What's the best X and why is it Y?

people who use this always seem to have shitty opinions

No green-band trailer in front of Assassins Creed, according to those in the know.

Looks like the red-band trailer is going to hit the internet around Christmas.

>Danny McBride

>Chestburster explodes out of guys chest
>Comedic cut to Danny's face as he spills coffee all over himself
>"DUDE. WHAT THE FUUUUCK"
Can't wait

>these plebs don't know kino when it hits them in the face

>What really separates A:R from its predecessors is its morbid sense of humour. Positioning itself as a carnival of weirdness rather than an all-out scare-flick, it amps the gore up to Shakespearean levels and, most shockingly, a number of deaths are played entirely for laughs (see cross-eyed General Perez plucking out the contents of his skull). It's a brave move by French director Jean-Paul Jeunet. In stark contrast to David Fincher's experiences on Alien 3, Jeunet was given free rein to do whatever he wanted (within the $70m budget; the biggest of any of the Alien films), and while he kept most of Whedon's script intact, Jeunet's weird humour is all over Alien: Resurrection.
>The franchise had already done restrained horror and all-out action, and A:R's twisted humour is a natural progression that keeps it feeling fresh (if initially dissonant with what went before). Here, the aesthetic is pure fantasy (cinematographer Darius Khondji added silver to the print to give it a metallic edge), and this is the ickiest Alien movie by far.

This.

I don't want to see the further adventures of Christfag McGullible and Snark Robot Who Knows Everything.

Christfag McGullible is Alien 3'd
Snark Robot is the villain

>your mouth will never be raped like this

Why live

Shaw is only in it for one scene or so

Thank God

Rapace is literally a cameo

Villain is a strong term given there will be Aliens this time

Supposedly engineer home planet got fucked up

there's going to be loads of prometheuses fighting the aliens i hope

>Villain is a strong term given there will be Aliens this time
David trolls Billy Crudup's character into sticking his face in a Xeno egg