ROGUE ONE Reshoots & Deleted Scenes

What we know so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Saw Gerrera arriving at Galen Erson's shack ahead of Orson Krennic. Apparently part of a whole scene that was cut.

Saw's speech, directed at Galen over his plan to infiltrate the Empire to sabotage the Death Star.

>"What will you do if they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight... What will you become?"

Jyn being led around the Rebel base on Yavin IV, probably just cut for time.

I didn't like this scene in the trailer. Looked too blurry in background and was happy it got cut

The meeting with Mon Mothma was longer and had numerous expository lines, including about Jyn's backstory.

>"Our Rebellion is all that remains to push back the Empire"

>"A major weapons test is imminent. We need to know what it is and how to destroy it"

>"On your own since the age of 15, reckless, aggressive, undisciplined."

OP is going to mention it but I will just state it anyway:
the entire ending was probably reshot and them all dying was entierely a reshoot.

The trailer has Jyn running with the death star plans against AT AT fire and all this was cut.

I am happy about that as well as Jyn going up against some Tie Fighter on the base roof was all cut.

The Rebel commander listing some of Jyn's misdemeanors and asking if she can trusted without her shackles.

>>"On your own since the age of 15, reckless, aggressive, undisciplined."
Some might say this line would have added more characterization to Jyn but Jyn has an argument with Saw Gerrera where she mentions that he left her at age 16 and she had to fend for herself so that explains this being cut.

The infamous "this is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."

Allegedly, test-audiences thought Jyn was too much of a sassy bitch in the early part of the movie, and one of the main changes brought forth by the reshoots were making both she and Cassian Andor more sympathetic.

Speaking of which, Andor's line "I've been recruiting for the rebellion for a long time", part of a longer back-and-forth between Jyn and him in Yavin IV.

A minor interaction between Jyn and Cassian as they prepare to depart on a shuttle, exchanging "good"s as the ship begins taking off. Probably cut for time, seems harmless and inconsequential.

I am so greatful for this. The reshoots and test audience ironically made Rogue One an amazing movie

A fallen statue of a Jedi as the group arrives on planet Jedha. The movie used a different camera angle.

Lmao this trash has an.altrrnate ending? Really?

Wtf I love studio interference and test audiences now.

Captive X-Wing pilots being led around Jedha by Stormtrooper. Minor scene, probably cut for time.

Originally all of the Rogue were to survive for a bit as the try to escape in their ship and then they all get blown up.

What I read in an article months ago.

Imagine if Disney went with that?

BORING

Minor exchange between K2S0 and Jyn.

>"The Captain says you are a friend. I will not kill you."

>"Thanks".

They cut the part where many bothans died to bring them the information.

This. Now I hope test audiences watch Episode 8 and notice similarities to ESB and demand reshoots so it appears very different.

Longer scene between Jyn and Saw in Jedha, with Saw monologuing about their current situation.

>"The world is coming undone. Imperial flags wash over the galaxy."

The whole bothan story was fake Palestine made it up

But isnt that what They're supposed to do

The bothans stole the second death star's plans idiot

Minor exchange between Cassian, K-2S0 and Bodhi Rook as they escape from Jedha.

>"There's a 97.3% chance of failure."

>"He means well."

That was return of the Jedi you knob

Darth Vader reviewing the data from the low-powered test on the Death Star. Seems to be a minor scene.

Another shot of the same scene.

Krennic in the aftermath of Jedha's destruction.

Saw did mention in a sentence to Jyn "Do you want to live under Imperial flags?" and She replies with like "I can ignore them" or something so no doubt this was a reshoot.

Remember this is before she sees her father's hologram and hence she has no motivation to fight the Empire until she hears Galen mention about a way to defeat the death star and she needs to grab the plans.

A confrontation between Krennic and Vader, in which Krennic lashes out over the Death Star's might.

>"The POWAH that we're dealing with here... Is immesurable/awesome".

Ben Mendehlson had previously mentioned Krennic and Vader would be conflict throughout the movie as Krennic dismisses the Force and Vader dismisses the efficiency of the Death Star. Mendehlson also mentioned that as a self-made man Krennic would have a stronger antagonism to some of the members of the Imperial aristocracy, but these plotlines were downplayed in the movie.

I think it was great that many scenes, and dialogue from the original trailer were cut. People watched it so many times, its burned in. It makes watching the movie weird, and stands out.

Like this stupid ridiculed scene. Every time I watch the TFA it smirk, and shake my head.

A brief moment during the battle of Eadu where Saw fires at the Imperials while shouting "you destroyed our home!"

I am happy they got rid of this scene and made Krennic more afraid of Vader.

Same. This scene only worked well in the trailer because we hadn't seen him before so he rises to the screen yet in the movie version you are kinda waiting for the sudden music to play as well and it feels so out of place.

The Stormtroopers marching through a shallow body of water.

>Saw

Disregard that, I meant Baze.

Then we have Krennic walking over the same shallow body of water, now littered with Stormtrooper corpses. The setting suggests it's Scarif, which adds credence to reports that the some of the Rogue One crew would actually escape and Krennic would live through their assault.

Back in they day they made trailers with material specifically filmed for it. This was once a good thing, now people bitch about important scenes being cut.

Jyn disguised as an Imperial officer walking down the corridor. Was used in most of the promotional material but didn't end up in the movie.

>Every time I watch the TFA
watching this movie more then one time

Baze and Chirrut almost being trampled by an AT-AT during the battle in Scarif.

I wanted more of Mendehlson butting heads with Tarkin. Seeing him as a dedicated member of the imperial navy getting shafted by Tarkin's efficiency and humilated in front of the other officers could've been a springboard.

But having him be afraid of vader was better than confronting him, Krennic's an ambitious twat but he isn't retarded enough to outright insult and dismiss vader.

bait

One of the few times the test audience did their job proper

at this point the trailer feel like false advertising, but yet the movie end up being better for it.

Dont forget the tie fighter at the edge of the catwalk scene

And now the meatier stuff. There's reports that the entire third act was reshot, and this adds credence to it. Here we have Jyn, Cassian and K-2S0 escaping with the Death Star schematics. By the point they have it in the final movie, K-2S0 had already died.

Jyn being ambushed by a Tie-fighter upon reaching the data-transmitting console atop the facility.

And the big one, Jyn and Cassian, with the Death Star plans in hand, in the frontlines of the battle of Scarif. In the movie, they never leave the facility, much less with the plans.

Coupled with , it evidences Jyn, Cassian and Krennic originally didn't die in a standoff at the console station.

>people saying these scenes were unnecessary

could've had a good movie

Damn, sounds like quite a bit of Saw was cut.

I was shocked there wasn't a single reference to him being trained by the Jedi in the Clone Wars. I wonder if that may have been in these scenes?

>There's reports that the entire third act was reshot
It was and I absolutely love their decision to do so

Nope the reshoots made the movie the best thing ever.

I would like an extended cut with the extended Vader, Saw scenes

>make the main character dull and boring
>make the ending unexciting and predictable

how is this a good thing?

just watched the official second trailer, adn it sfucking awful. all taken from the movie. thankfully I didnt watch it before watching the film. would have ruined it so much.

I was honestly bored. Jyn really didn't catch my attention at all.

>The whole being saved in the start of the movie
>Goes from hating Cass to wanting his babies in 1 planet jump

I honestly don't understand the love for it. It's so cliche.

they need to have Tony Gilroy direct an entire movie. His reshoot end up being the best part of the movie.

That looks like fun.

How the original ending reportedly went down, prior to reshoots.

>Jyn and Cassian don't transmit the data from the console station, and instead make it to a ship and flee with the plans alongside K-2S0. Baze, Chirrut and Bodhi die as in the movie.

>Krennic survives the battle and is later confronted by Vader. As a callback to their earlier confrontation, Vader forces Krennic to admit that he was too weak to control the power of the Death Star and then Force-chokes Krennic to death.

>Vader pursues Jyn and Cassian's ship and attacks it, killing Cassian. He then injures Jyn and demands she return the schematics, only to learn she has already transmitted them to Princess Leia's ship. Vader then finishes off Jyn with a lightsaber strike and reports to Tarkin, who sends him after Leia's ship, leading directly into the beginning of A NEW HOPE.

Test-audiences allegedly thought that particular ending was too bleak, and it was reshot so Jyn, Cassian and Krennic died in Scarif after beaming the data, and Vader instead slaughtered a group of nameless Rebels that participated of the attack.

Main character is fine. Jones could act better but Jyn had a proper arc for a character that won't survive the film.

I think the original plan was so that Krennic is killed by vader after Rogue One, or whos left of it, got away with the plans

>the reshoots made the movie the best thing ever.
>I would like an extended cut with the extended Vader, Saw scenes
I really should just stop coming here for a few years.

Please elaborate what arc does jyn go through.

Source?

all this sounds like it was a good idea

although the beach dying scene with jyn and cassian looked like a poor budget reshoot.

I was expecting Jyn to join the Empire and become one of Vader's Tie Pilots that get killed in the trench run.

...and yet somehow what I actually got was so much worse.

HOPE

>Emotionless jaded teenager finds a purpose in life and goes the distance for revenge

>school shooter, the movie

That is a decent arc for an action movie with multiple characters on screen. Feel free to name other movies with better main character arcs.

Talk more about this. Gareth Edwards or whatever sucks, I didn't know they had a different guy do the reshoots

>things that never happened

Shes literally the same when the movie ends

Tony Gilroy was reportedly given $5 million to rewrite segments of the script. I believe Christopher McQuarrie helped too.

That was already said you fat fuck

The Tie Fighter scene looked cool in the trailer, dunno how it would've played out though.

Ultimately I dislike this approach to filmmaking. Editing is one thing, but using test audiences and full blown reshoots (not pickups) is where filmmaking ends and factory line precision begins.

The Prequels weren't this soulless, and this new shit uses just as much CGI. It's just focus tested and cool instead of somebody's vision.

PT was shit, but at least it was Lucas' retarded vision, and it had some neat, original visuals. He lived by the sword, and died by the sword.

It's Star Wars, not Shakespeare, despite what Brody would have you believe.

There were actually 2 shots of that fallen statue. One from the angle in your screenshot I believe (very quick) and another longer one from a different angle later.

>Shes literally the same when the movie ends

You mean the same person who didn't care about the rebellion and only came along because they promised her freedom and a chance to see her father?

Can we please not do that here?

>reshoots were the best thing to happen to this movie
>the movie is amazing!

I know we joke about shilling but I have never seen it in such "force" as I have in the past 12 hours

I actually really liked the ending we got, but I would love to see the original vision so I could properly compare the two.

Allahu Battahman does go through an arc. It may end with a stupid line, but it's there regardless.

They're called "Fanboys", Ed.

if she really didn't care about the rebellion, she would've tried to escape while on the mission.

she didn't. she cares about the rebellion as much as any citizen does.

She still wanted to see her father. Both her fathers.

Just sounds like more of the same of what we got in the Vader/Krennic scene that made it into the movie. Glad they cut it if that's the case.

trips of truth

darth vader in the tie fighter i assume. would make sense why they might want that but then they realised he would destroy her since she isn't rey

During that scene does white jacket man say to Tarkin "Did you have to bring lord Vader?" or something tot hat effect. I know he definitely mentioned Vader but i couldn't make out in what context.

HOL UP
HOL UP
YOU FINNA
YOU FINNA BE
YOU AND ANONS IN THIS THREAD
FINNA BE TELLIN MOI
THAT THESE TRAILERS
#1: youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
#2: youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI
ARE BASICALLY JUST A MONTAGE OF DELETED SCENES

I based my decision to not see this movie on these trailers. Now I don't know what to think.

caring about someone you're supposed to love naturally is not a character trait.

It's not shilling. People on this site have been posting that they didn't like R1 only to to troll and cause reactions. The thing is, a lot of people really liked the movie. What you are seeing is actually shitty 4 chan neckbeards getting shut down.

People are starting to genuinely hate 4 chan which is kinda funny.

>I based my decision to not see this movie on these trailers.
Same and it turns out Rogue One is a 9/10 movie thanks to most of these scenes being deleted

But she's nothing but ash when the movie ends?

She really only cared about the Rebellion because her father did, but I would've loved to see her actually sympathize with the cause for legitimate reasons. Have we ever had any idea on the real politics of the Empire or Rebellion or what they're trying to do? It's really just been:
Empire=bad
Rebels=good

She didn't care about the rebellion or what it stood for. She cared for her fathers and wanted to see them. The rebellion happened to know the location of both.

Uh...that was in the movie.

>mfw Gareth Edwards wasn't the one responsible for the 3rd act being brilliant
MIND BLOWN

It was a good idea that Jyn didn't end up in a scene with vader. would have made it to predictable.